Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Beachum

Quote:Nah, Luke joeckel is being resigned to a long term mega deal at LT
Shakes head #becausejaguars

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 02-15-2017, 09:00 PM by Teal Time Radio.)

Quote:I have to think they have either:

• already worked out the framework of a slightly lesser deal with his agent
  • begun cooking up a trade with another team involving a tackle coming to Jax
  • begun negotiating a trade-down in the draft 
  • or - TC did his eval and really didn't like Beachum's struggles in the run game - wants to move on regardless
There's gotta be some plan B cooking. Those are the best I can think of ATM. 
B and C are a possibility   D highly doubtful.   A  Just can't see it.  (Knowing nothing else be close in FA)

Is he worth the Franchise tag?   Because Cyp is not. 

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

This makes no sense. The Jags have so many other positions to fill...now this is just one more.

I like Beachum.. I hope there's something in the works.

He's a decent player, but I also like him because he reminds me of Charles Greane from Ballers.

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

So Coughlin sucks?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:So Coughlin sucks?
There's clearly no other reasonable explanation. 

sarcasm font engagaed

Quote:It would be hard to envision a more disappointing start to this offseason...

But we signed Abry Jones and Arrelious Benn. How can that be a disappointing start?

Quote:I have to think they have either:
  • already worked out the framework of a slightly lesser deal with his agent
  • begun cooking up a trade with another team involving a tackle coming to Jax
  • begun negotiating a trade-down in the draft
  • or - TC did his eval and really didn't like Beachum's struggles in the run game - wants to move on regardless

There's gotta be some plan B cooking. Those are the best I can think of ATM.

You forgot one.

Maybe TC is planning on staying put in the draft and taking a tackle at 4. While I don't think there is a tackle worth taking early, It's not like he hasn't done it before.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Do the Jaguars do this on purpose?

Quote:This move makes me question Dave. I have never been about questioning him. But this by far. Would be the dumbest move he can make. Unless a trade is in the works for one. I do not see him signing for a smaller contract at all.

If you haven't been questioning Dave then I really question how much you've been paying attention.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

They can still work out a contract up until March 8th, so there's still plenty of time.

Would have liked to see them exercise the option, but maybe they can resign him for long term, but cheaper. I don't know how that'd happen though, considering he showed he could play the full year and should only be better next season. Since he'll be 2 years removed from the ACL injury. You'd think that'd make him and his agent want even more money.

A bit odd, but I'll wait to see what happens during/until he officially hits FA on March 9th before I start judging this move.

Personally I like the move. Bravo FO.

I hope this is part of a bigger plan or Bortles is going to get mauled back there next year. 

Calling Deshawn Watson a future bust since 3/19/17. If I eat crow, I will keep this in here and proclaim JackCity a genius. 

(This post was last modified: 02-15-2017, 09:50 PM by D6.)

Quote: 

I believe we can still sign him to a smaller deal before FA starts though so perhaps he'll stay.

It's possible but it feels like the Jaguars want to go in another direction.  It wouldn't be surprising if Tom Coughlin wants a more physically imposing LT.

This makes LT the absolute #1 need for this team in the off season. You cannot say Blake Bortles is your QB and then get rid of his protection from the blindside. We either have to use our first round pick on a LT or we have to trade for a starting LT. I guess we could sign a short term fix like Andrew Whitworth who is still good, but at 35 years old, we may get a year or two out of him if we're lucky. Not re-signing Beachum just throws a monkey wrench into the whole off season. I don't get it.

Quote:They can still work out a contract up until March 8th, so there's still plenty of time.

Would have liked to see them exercise the option, but maybe they can resign him for long term, but cheaper. I don't know how that'd happen though, considering he showed he could play the full year and should only be better next season. Since he'll be 2 years removed from the ACL injury. You'd think that'd make him and his agent want even more money.

A bit odd, but I'll wait to see what happens during/until he officially hits FA on March 9th before I start judging this move.
Yeah, he's now the probable #2 LT in an extremely weak year for both the FA and draft OT classes. And the #1 guy is already 35 years old. 

If they really are trying to bring Kelvin back with a different deal they are playing a very dangerous and greedy game considering he was already locked into a below market 4 year deal. 

Quote:You forgot one.

Maybe TC is planning on staying put in the draft and taking a tackle at 4. While I don't think there is a tackle worth taking early, It's not like he hasn't done it before.

Trading down with pick # 4 and taking a LT also could occur.

Quote:Yeah, he's now the probable #2 LT in an extremely weak year for both the FA and draft OT classes. And the #1 guy is already 35 years old. 

If they really are trying to bring Kelvin back with a different deal they are playing a very dangerous and greedy game considering he was already locked into a below market 4 year deal. 

What you mentioned in the 2nd sentence is why I believe the Jaguars prefer to move on.

What do we move onto? Whitworth? We moving JOKEl back there? Reaching for Cam Robinson? I don't see a lot of options here. 

Calling Deshawn Watson a future bust since 3/19/17. If I eat crow, I will keep this in here and proclaim JackCity a genius. 

Quote:Personally I like the move. Bravo FO.

May I ask why?
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS