Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Beachum

Quote:What do we move onto? Whitworth? We moving JOKEl back there? Reaching for Cam Robinson? I don't see a lot of options here. 

Andrew Whitworth seems like a Tom Coughlin type of player.  I can easily picture him being targeted by the Jaguars as 1 or 2 year option.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:If you haven't been questioning Dave then I really question how much you've been paying attention.

If TTR had been paying attention, he would know Dave Caldwell is no longer responsible for the 53-man roster.

Weak offensive line draft as well. Stupid move IMO.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:  What you mentioned in the 2nd sentence is why I believe the Jaguars prefer to move on.
I just don't understand why they'd want to risk making such a possible huge hole at LT, regardless of who the QB is. Whether it's Bortles, a rookie, or some Vet FA. Do you really want to risk putting a rookie LT out there to protect your QB? Especially in a year where all of the OTs in the draft, look like hot garbage.

Maybe they do like Whitworth more, but what if he doesn't want to come here? What if they're trying to put their eggs in his basket and they fall out? That'd be a very risky game they'd be playing if that's the case. Same as KY said with trying to play the game of letting Beachum hit the open market, in hopes of trying to work out a better deal with him. Very risky.

Like NYC said, maybe they have a trade for a LT cooking? Possible.

The whole thing is just a bit odd.

They've got to have some sort of plan though (hopefully), so only time will tell.

Quote:May I ask why?
Well that dudes leg scares me and for all we know it could be done or requires serious surgery. Also as others have mentioned he could be re-signed to a more team friendly deal. Maybe most important is that Coughlin knows what he is doing. And if he is willing to let Beachum walk there is a good reason. Coughlin, in my opinion, has always had a good eye for o-line talent. We will see what happens with this move in the coming weeks, but to me, only something good will come from this.

Quote:Andrew Whitworth seems like a Tom Coughlin type of player.  I can easily picture him being targeted by the Jaguars as 1 or 2 year option.
If we can get Whitworth to come here, I will be amazed and happy. He is the only upgrade at LT that i see as available. 

Calling Deshawn Watson a future bust since 3/19/17. If I eat crow, I will keep this in here and proclaim JackCity a genius. 

I'm guessing they have a lesser deal they're working with him on.

(This post was last modified: 02-15-2017, 10:13 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

Quote:They can still work out a contract up until March 8th, so there's still plenty of time.

Would have liked to see them exercise the option, but maybe they can resign him for long term, but cheaper. I don't know how that'd happen though, considering he showed he could play the full year and should only be better next season. Since he'll be 2 years removed from the ACL injury. You'd think that'd make him and his agent want even more money.

A bit odd, but I'll wait to see what happens during/until he officially hits FA on March 9th before I start judging this move.

Where did you get "until March 8" from? Teams can start talking to player agents on March 7. On March 9 they can start talking to and signing players. These dates are in the 2011 CBA.

Kelvin Beachum did not play a full year inf Jacksonville. After literally being knocked out in San Diego, he missed the Ravens game. However, I can't imagine that concussion was a factor.

Also I make my own big board every year for fun by watching games that have been posted on youtube. It is a lot of fun and has become a hobby of mine. I am no expert by any means but I  have watched several games of several offensive linemen and I think people are selling this class short a little bit. Especially at tackle. There are 5 or 6 guys at T who I think are top 40 to 50 talent. 

Quote:If TTR had been paying attention, he would know Dave Caldwell is no longer responsible for the 53-man roster.
Are you 2?   Can you stop?  Or do you need a pacifier or bottle?.  Maybe a bib?   Dave Caldwell still handles FA matters.  I am just sitting back and see what happens.  

But yes,  You keep it up.   

It is cool.  You will be banned again soon.   Due to your own negligence. 

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:I'm guessing they have a lesser deal they're working with him on.
Kelvin just got all of the leverage. 

I hope we have a plan.  I will be shocked to see Beachum take a lesser deal. 

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Maybe their plan is to stick Joeckel at LT again
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:Maybe their plan is to stick Joeckel at LT again

Tell me you are not serious about this.

Quote:Tell me you are not serious about this.

I wouldn't. But what's their plan?

Josh Wells? A rookie?

Quote:Well that dudes leg scares me and for all we know it could be done or requires serious surgery. Also as others have mentioned he could be re-signed to a more team friendly deal. Maybe most important is that Coughlin knows what he is doing. And if he is willing to let Beachum walk there is a good reason. Coughlin, in my opinion, has always had a good eye for o-line talent. We will see what happens with this move in the coming weeks, but to me, only something good will come from this.
Hope you are right. I'm sure we'll find out more about this in the days to come, but this adds one more big hole which needs to be filled in the off-season. Beachum wasn't perfect, but he was coming off the injury . Reliable left tackles are very hard to find so this doesn't make sense.

Quote:How in the world is this bullying?

Man you're worse than her, stop trying to derail threads for more argument.

TTR is the bully. I don't have a problem with any readable posts in this thread.

Quote:I just don't understand why they'd want to risk making such a possible huge hole at LT, regardless of who the QB is. Whether it's Bortles, a rookie, or some Vet FA. Do you really want to risk putting a rookie LT out there to protect your QB? Especially in a year where all of the OTs in the draft, look like hot garbage.

Maybe they do like Whitworth more, but what if he doesn't want to come here? What if they're trying to put their eggs in his basket and they fall out? That'd be a very risky game they'd be playing if that's the case. Same as KY said with trying to play the game of letting Beachum hit the open market, in hopes of trying to work out a better deal with him. Very risky.

Like NYC said, maybe they have a trade for a LT cooking? Possible.

The whole thing is just a bit odd.

They've got to have some sort of plan though (hopefully), so only time will tell.

On the surface,  I certainly can understand and respect why you and many Jaguars fans would be concerned about what transpired today.    Knowing the amount of experience is in the Jaguars brain trust,  I truly believe they have a thought out plan,  based on what they consider viable contingencies.

One possibility is signing UFA LT Matt Kalil if he hits the open market.  Kalil never came close to his rookie season in terms of performance but when healthy has plenty of talent.

Quote:Are you 2? Can you stop? Or do you need a pacifier or bottle?. Maybe a bib? Dave Caldwell still handles FA matters. I am just sitting back and see what happens.

But yes, You keep it up.

It is cool. You will be banned again soon. Due to your own negligence.

You've either clearly been trying to improve your grammar, or you just tried really hard for this one post and got half-way home. Either way, I applaud you and am on your side. Give her the goods, TTR.

Also, on a more original-topic-of-discusion note, I'm honestly fairly shocked they didn't pick up Beachum's option for 2017. With team options for each year to follow, 7.5 mil seemed cheap fora starting quality LT for a year. I said it in the other thread about Beachum; I wonder if they think his run blocking is the main reason to not pick up the option? Or the injury maybe? There must be something going on in the background here.

Quote:I wouldn't. But what's their plan?

Josh Wells? A rookie?

The reason everyone agrees it makes no sense is nobody knows what the plan is. The one thing we do know is moving Luke Joeckel back to LT would be useless at least the first 3-4 weeks.