Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags resigned Abry Jones

Quote:Awesome. Dig him on ST and think his potential as a reserve WR is underappreciated.

We need this guy on ST. I know he is underappreciated as a WR because somebody in the TV booth said his TD at Chicago was his first catch since 2012. IIRC he caught passes two weeks before that game.

Quote:I changed the title to reflect him actually signing.

I like it.

Quote:Pleased with Jones and Benn re-signing.

More than pleased here. Congratulations to both of them.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Congrats to them both.  Well deserved and welcome back for the time being.

Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

Happy to have Benn and Jones back in 2017.

From Kaye's blurb on Benn re-signing:

Quote:“Through the highs and lows of this league, I have never lost sight of my vision and am honored to be back with the Jaguars,” Benn said in a press release. “This is a special day for my family and me and I’m grateful for the organization for giving me another opportunity to play the game that I love. This is an important offseason for our team, and specifically the wide receivers, so now the focus turns to doing everything that we can to put ourselves in position to win this season.”

<p style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(51,51,51);">He was a second round pick of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 2010. 

<p style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(51,51,51);">The Jaguars now have Allen Hurns, Allen Robinson, Rashad Greene, Marqise Lee, Jamal Robinson and Benn under contract entering free agency.

Quote:I like Abry, the question is do he start?? We loaded on the Dline.. Marks,Jackson,Day,Miller,Bennett whose starting??

On the Dline, it never really matters who starts. But to answer your question, that will be a great camp battle.

Quote:On the Dline, it never really matters who starts. But to answer your question, that will be a great camp battle.

It really depends on whether Miller is healthy enough to go or not, and you're right it doesn't really matter who starts. 

Depending on what type of run game they are facing the true NT is out there on between 45%-70% of the defensive snaps. If they have two guys they like they'll rotate them and keep 'em fresh. 

For instance in wek 6 last season when they were both healthy Miller played 29 snaps and Jones played 23. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Happy to have Benn and Jones back in 2017.

From Kaye's blurb on Benn re-signing:

Honestly I am glad Benn is back as well.

And he was really good in Tampa as well.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

So we've seen a few re-signings just before free agency with Abry, Benn, Chenne and Wells, but what about Cyp and Prince? Well, Prince we know is going to take something close to what Hurns got as in around $10 mil per year, and those kind of contracts never get done in February. But what about Cyp? Seeing as we're letting him hit free agency, does this mean he's already turned down the Jaguars initial offer? What does he think he's worth? Will he be playing somewhere else next year?

'02

I dont see Cyp staying.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags