Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags resigned Abry Jones

(This post was last modified: 02-14-2017, 07:30 PM by Tuxedo.)

Quote:He's only due 4 million in 2017. That's very cheap for his level of play. 

If he can come back from this achilles surgery he should still be a Jaguar through 2018.  A number of defensive linemen have successfully returned after such a surgery in the past.  It's not a 100% success rate of course, but he's got a chance. 

I'm not so sure he's back. Abry Jones is obviously going to be the starter going forward and while $4million for Miller isn't expensive, I'm not sure they pay that for a backup player who is used only on run downs. Not to mention that Miller will be on the wrong side of 30 at the start of the season and coming off a difficult injury for linemen.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 02-14-2017, 07:38 PM by ATLjag.)

Unfortunately, I too think Miller will have a tough time making it back.  An achilles injury only a season removed on a 30 year old big 320 pound NT is not easy to come back from.  They structured his deal favorably in that they can release him with only a $200k dead money hit this season.  He's a good player and person...hope he is able to make it back.  I think we'll see a young NT come in and compete for the backup/rotational spot behind Jones. 

Only good that came from 2013 class we brought on was Abry. I'll take it.

Quote:Only good that came from 2013 class we brought on was Abry. I'll take it.
Long snappers are people too. 

Quote:Long snappers are people too.

Snapper lives matter

Tasty too
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

(This post was last modified: 02-14-2017, 08:43 PM by BritJag.)

Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Quote:Try the French Dip next time you go there. It would be a bit better with some onions and bell peppers, but it's surprisingly pretty good.

That would make it a Philly cheese steak.
Signature goes here.

Quote:That would make it a Philly cheese steak.

Not without provolone or cheez whiz!  

Quote:Snapper lives matter

Tasty too
Abry Jones AND Carson Tinker were UDFAs  in 2013 

Quote:Not without provolone or cheez whiz!  

I've never met anyone who wouldn't shoot you for putting Cheez Whiz on their cheese steak, but I've actually tried one.

It was horrible.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

My buddy who listens to 1010XL (god only knows why), says the guys over there thought he'd get 4yrs 35-40million. What a bunch of morons. I hate those guys. Terrible. Just terrible.

BORTLES ISN'T A FRANCHISE QB. FOURNETTE WILL BE A BUST.

Quote:My buddy who listens to 1010XL (God only knows why), says the guys over there thought he'd get 4 years 35-40 million. What a bunch of morons. I hate those guys. Terrible. Just terrible.

Well they were half right. It is a four-year deal.

Quote:My buddy who listens to 1010XL (god only knows why), says the guys over there thought he'd get 4yrs 35-40million. What a bunch of morons. I hate those guys. Terrible. Just terrible.

9-10 Mill a year for a NT? He isn't Poe from Cheifs and I don't even think Poe will get a contract that big.

(This post was last modified: 02-15-2017, 02:11 AM by Teal Time Radio.)

I agree,  Jones has been rocking. 

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

(This post was last modified: 02-15-2017, 03:03 AM by JagsFanClubOfMD.)

Quote:9-10 Mill a year for a NT? He isn't Poe from Cheifs and I don't even think Poe will get a contract that big.

Linval Joseph got 5 years 31.5 million from the Vikings with 13.5 guaranteed. Given that, I think Abry may have actually, knowingly or unknowingly, given the Jaguars a bit of a hometown discount.

(This post was last modified: 02-15-2017, 03:20 AM by haveaseat.)

Quote:Linval Joseph got 5 years 31.5 million from the Vikings with 13.5 guaranteed. Given that, I think Abry may have actually, knowingly or unknowingly, given the Jaguars a bit of a hometown discount.

I think he certainly did. Not even just looking at the tape but the numbers speak for themselves. He's been pretty productive here for a once spell guy and could've gotten at least 2 mil more in guaranteed money elsewhere. Would love to see the contract and if there is incentives. 

He gave the team a discount no matter what the contract terms are, because ultimately he didn't even test free agency. He must like it in Jax, because he definitely could've had the same or more money elsewhere imo. Really glad he's sticking around, he played well last year.

It's not that big of a discount guys. He is going to be paid like the ~20th highest DT in the league, and if you isolate by nose tackles he's going to be in the top 5.

If you play inside you just don't get PAID unless you're elite. 4 mil is a fair, maybe a tad generous even, market price IMO. 

(This post was last modified: 02-15-2017, 07:53 AM by Caldrac.)

$16M - 4 year contract isn't too bad. He's really worked hard and worked his way up the ladder since 2013 here. He's earned it. Roy Miller is more than likely out due to being unable to stay healthy.

Sen'Derick Marks should potentially be cut as well. I wouldn't be surprised to see them re-sign Tyson Alualu and retain Jared Odrick though. 

Depending on how the combine plays out I am thinking we're going Johnathan Allen or Solomon Thomas now with the 4th overall pick. 

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 02-15-2017, 08:12 AM by Yo Boy.)

I like Abry, the question is do he start?? We loaded on the Dline.. Marks,Jackson,Day,Miller,Bennett whose starting??