Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ace Sanders cut

Quote:I'm thinking something happened behind the scenes. Gus mentioned a couple times he was playing well.

^This

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:They didn't release Knighton

I love the Justin Forsett argument, a career journeymen who was injured in Jacksonville has found some success running behind one of the leagues best (run blocking) offensive lines. David Caldwell should be fired!

Quote:I wonder if he had another positive drug test.

I thought this as well.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

So much for one of my comeback players lol.... I agree tho. Prob a failed test.

Quote:Just happened.

http://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/795959

Interesting news.  I'm not going to speculate much, but it is pretty odd for a player to be released/cut at this point in the off season.  I don't believe that it will have any impact on the coming roster for this season.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

We currently sit with like 11 receiverz
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

I guess Ryan Ohalloran is happy. lol never mind

(This post was last modified: 07-17-2015, 05:52 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

I wonder how Tandon Doss will do.  He led the league in Punt return ave. a couple of years ago.  Would be nice if he comes back 100% and can be that same guy in punt returns this year.

Quote:Interesting news.  I'm not going to speculate much, but it is pretty odd for a player to be released/cut at this point in the off season.  I don't believe that it will have any impact on the coming roster for this season.

Well, it is unusual to release a player at this point if the intention is to have him competing for a spot...unless that player happens to be in the league substance abuse program, and the team has some indication that he might be popped with another suspension.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

So they cut the colonel..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

It's good for Ace, now he can be picked up by another team before training camp starts. I bet this is why they cut him, they probably knew he was not going to make the team and cut him early for his benefit, IMHO...

"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

Maybe he simply saw the writing on the wall and asked to go now, so he could start looking for new employers sooner rather than later.

Quote:I wonder if he had another positive drug test.
^^ This is what my first thought wandered off to for the situation.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Quote:Well, it is unusual to release a player at this point if the intention is to have him competing for a spot...unless that player happens to be in the league substance abuse program, and the team has some indication that he might be popped with another suspension.
Isn't it a CBA violation to cut a player in that circumstance, though? I know I've seen cuts like that made, but I think I've read a few times now about how a team can't release a player because the player was staring down a suspension.

eh

“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

Quote:It's good for Ace, now he can be picked up by another team before training camp starts. I bet this is why they cut him, they probably knew he was not going to make the team and cut him early for his benefit, IMHO...

This is my thinking.... aka "this"
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

Quote:Ace Sanders ball out? Hahahaha, some of you are delusional. Ace Sanders is a small, weak, slow receiver with below average athleticism at this level. He won't be balling out anywhere, stop your [BAD WORD REMOVED] and get over it.
LOL that Caldwell drafted.

Someone's gotta explain how they cut Sanders but have not cut Blackmon yet. Do they know something we dont?

(This post was last modified: 07-17-2015, 08:42 PM by JagsFan1.)

Quote:Someone's gotta explain how they cut Sanders but have not cut Blackmon yet. Do they know something we dont?
When you're good like Blackmon you get multiple chances. Happens all the time in the nfl.

(This post was last modified: 07-17-2015, 08:47 PM by Predator.)

Quote:Isn't it a CBA violation to cut a player in that circumstance, though? I know I've seen cuts like that made, but I think I've read a few times now about how a team can't release a player because the player was staring down a suspension.

I think that only applies to a suspected injury.