Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ace Sanders cut

Quote:The talent levels are vastly different.  Plus, it's not costing this team a penny to keep Blackmon around at this point.

BTW, I think next week is going to be a pivotal one for Blackmon.  We should start to hear some noise about him applying for reinstatement. 

So this Sun Times piece is not true? Sorry, I figured from the date it seems like it would have been discussed before but I have been living in a cave.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:question jags02 say blackmon returns gets in shape in a week..

what will the wr look like with him there and ace sanders now gone??.. thanx..

I fail to see where Ace Sanders would have made any difference. Either way Ace is hardly ever stepping on the field outside of return duties.

'02

Quote:So this Sun Times piece is not true? Sorry, I figured from the date it seems like it would have been discussed before but I have been living in a cave.
It's not true

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:So this <a class="bbc_url" href='http://jacksonville.suntimes.com/jacksonville-jaguars/7/115/178710/justin-blackmon-denied-reinstatement'>Sun Times piece</a> is not true? Sorry, I figured from the date it seems like it would have been discussed before but I have been living in a <a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.krmg.com/news/sports/former-jaguar-arrested-suspicion-marijuana-possess/ngnHc/'>cave</a>.

It was later refuted as false. Blackmon's status is still up in the air.

Quote:question jags02 say blackmon returns gets in shape in a week..

what will the wr look like with him there and ace sanders now gone??.. thanx..

GOOD QUESTION!!!!!!

This means Ace will contribute to the Jags about as much as he did last year.
“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

Quote:This means Ace will contribute to the Jags about as much as he did last year.
Maybe even more than last year.

"It was Blake Bortles the whole time. They believe in this kid. He reminds me a bit of a young Ben Roethlisberger." ~Mike Mayock

As soon as I saw this and Reggie Wayne right above it in the headlinesi t made me wonder is he on the radar to be the replacement.

Quote:As soon as I saw this and Reggie Wayne right above it in the headlinesi t made me wonder is he on the radar to be the replacement.
Yes. Signing Wayne was definitely the plan all along. Caldwell must be crying into his Cheerios about you figuring him out.

Quote:Yes. Signing Wayne was definitely the plan all along. Caldwell must be crying into his Cheerios about you figuring him out.
Well I sure wish we would sign a vet at WR, not necessarily to play that much (start) but just to give advice, etc. Maybe Welker or Wayne, but I doubt they would come here anyway.

"It was Blake Bortles the whole time. They believe in this kid. He reminds me a bit of a young Ben Roethlisberger." ~Mike Mayock

And he passes through waivers.  Guessing he gets a shot somewhere maybe unless there's more off the field issues.

Quote:Well I sure wish we would sign a vet at WR, not necessarily to play that much (start) but just to give advice, etc. Maybe Welker or Wayne, but I doubt they would come here anyway.
That's what we need.  An overpriced has been who is either a concussion risk, or just old and  ineffective so that they can give our young guys advice. 

I'm pretty sure if the young receivers need advice, they've got a coach who probably knows more about the position than any veteran sitting on the street hoping some team will take a flyer on him.  Jerry Sullivan negates the need to have some guy who may or may not be a mentor.  Most of our younger receivers now have a season under their belt, and they all got plenty of time on the field to adjust to the speed of the game, and to learn how to identify and deal with coverages.  Neither of the veterans you mentioned would be even remotely appealing, and to be honest, there's nobody out there on the waiver wire who would be worth pursuing.  Our receivers are  young, but they're better than what we have available right now in free agency.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:As soon as I saw this and Reggie Wayne right above it in the headlinesi t made me wonder is he on the radar to be the replacement.

Not to be offensive, but are you out of your mind?

Quote:Well I sure wish we would sign a vet at WR, not necessarily to play that much (start) but just to give advice, etc. Maybe Welker or Wayne, but I doubt they would come here anyway.

I guess there are are few that are.  :mellow:

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

To give advice on what exactly?

We drafted Sanders' replacement, and there are other guys already on the roster who can fill the role he presented on the roster.  If anything, they created a roster spot in anticipation of Blackmon being reinstated shortly. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:To give advice on what exactly?
How to take/deflect a shot to the head using your brain, or how to catch passes from Peyton Manning in his prime.

Quote:The talent levels are vastly different.  Plus, it's not costing this team a penny to keep Blackmon around at this point.

BTW, I think next week is going to be a pivotal one for Blackmon.  We should start to hear some noise about him applying for reinstatement. 
I've been out of the loop a little bit, so what's your speculation based on? The one year from the last time he failed a test?

We are Jaguars.

Quote:I've been out of the loop a little bit, so what's your speculation based on? The one year from the last time he failed a test?

Yes. Hashbrown $BLACKMONISBACKSON
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

Quote:Yes. Hashbrown $BLACKMONISBACKSON

Can i get an omelette with those hashbrowns?

Quote:To give advice on what exactly?

54 spots on roster. Wants to give one of them to a coach.