Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ace Sanders cut

Quote: 

<div style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">Field Yates ‏@FieldYates  6m6 minutes ago
<p style="font-size:26px;color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">Former Jaguars WR Ace Sanders - now a free agent - has been suspended for the first 10 games of the 2015 season.

</div>
Best of luck to him with whatever demons he may be facing.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Knew it had to be some reason why he was released that soon. Probably another positive drug test.  These young guys are just stupid.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:LOL 

Writing was on the wall for this one

(odd timing of his release)
That mixed with the praise he was receiving wasn't adding up.

I think most people figured there was something like this going on behind the scenes.

No wonder he wasn't picked up.

I still don't see why the NFL has this policy.

Imagine if the NBA had this policy .......

Fans are penalized

Denard Robinson is next. You can't have dreads without being a pot head.

Quote:I still don't see why the NFL has this policy.

Imagine if the NBA had this policy .......

Fans are penalized

Whether you agree or disagree about pot it is still illegal federally and in most states. If you also hold to the fact that smoking anything isnt good for any athlete pulmonary/lung functions.Second when you are under the influence you can't be your best or at 100% of maximum capabilities. I know because I slept at a Holiday Express. Athletes can wait until the retire to do drugs and that is most fair to fans who are paying to see them.

Quote:
<a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/FieldYates'>Field Yates<span style="color:rgb(177,187,195);">@FieldYates </a> <a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/628320007114620928'>6m6 minutes ago</a>
</span>
<span style="font-size:14px;">Former Jaguars WR Ace Sanders - now a free agent - has been suspended for the first 10 games of the 2015 season.
</span>

One of the least surprising pieces of news...

I was hoping he was not cut for drug use. This has become too much of an epidemic for Jacksonville receivers. Same story different day. Is there some sort of grow house in the receiver's locker rooms?

There wasn't really any doubt it had something to do with another possible suspension.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

He wasnt a good enough WR to put up with the drug problem, because if he was Calvin Johnson type of skill or even Justin Blackmon type talent he would still be on the roster.

The #18 is cursed

Quote:Whether you agree or disagree about pot it is still illegal federally and in most states. If you also hold to the fact that smoking anything isnt good for any athlete pulmonary/lung functions.Second when you are under the influence you can't be your best or at 100% of maximum capabilities. I know because I slept at a Holiday Express. Athletes can wait until the retire to do drugs and that is most fair to fans who are paying to see them.

Pot is not performance enhancing, so it should be of no concern to the league office (absent other factors like DUI).

Since it can adversely affect performance it should still be a team's concern.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:I was hoping he was not cut for drug use. This has become too much of an epidemic for Jacksonville receivers. Same story different day. Is there some sort of grow house in the receiver's locker rooms?
Maybe the Jaguars should move to Colorado Springs until Florida figures out this legalized pot thing?

Had a few friends who worked on SC's football team when Ace was there they told me that he smoked the most out of any player on the team..

I hope he can overcome this. He does seem like a good dude.
Shock the world

So, like I said, no teams even sniffed him, and that was an indication that he is what I figured he was, a typical drug addict. Drug addicts lie, it's very very rare for a drug addict to change without that change being absolutely imposed on them, and even then some of them would rather be laying in a gutter using their drugs than living an otherwise dream life without using their drugs.

Quote:Maybe the Jaguars should move to Colorado Springs until Florida figures out this legalized pot thing?

What is there to figure out?  The easy thing to do is let the states pass these legalization laws and then wait till you can confiscate all the money to redistribute to bloated government programs.  States with medical and recreational laws are running against federal law.  At any moment they can storm in and take everything.  These establishments in the states where it is "legal" can't deposit the money in banks and have limited legal protection.

The law that got rejected was a complete fraud and disaster.  Not much for Florida to figure out.  I know they showed the 1% beneficiaries during the campaign that also happened to be poor suffering kids but the reality is medical use gets abused.  This stuff needs to be fixed at the federal level as in they need to decriminalize the actual possession and not just make a big case of visiting offenders and saying they need to be let out of jail.

/on topic

It is a shame for these young receivers to have these things in their lives.  I feel for the guy. 

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(This post was last modified: 08-04-2015, 10:02 AM by BritishJag.)

Quote:Denard Robinson is next. You can't have dreads without being a pot head.
I know/hope this a joke but I'd put Denard right near the bottom of guys I'd expect to be suspended on the Jags.

Quote:So, like I said, no teams even sniffed him, and that was an indication that he is what I figured he was, a typical drug addict. Drug addicts lie, it's very very rare for a drug addict to change without that change being absolutely imposed on them, and even then some of them would rather be laying in a gutter using their drugs than living an otherwise dream life without using their drugs.

Sadly, this is true. I have seen this personally way too many times.

Quote:Whether you agree or disagree about pot it is still illegal federally and in most states. If you also hold to the fact that smoking anything isnt good for any athlete pulmonary/lung functions.Second when you are under the influence you can't be your best or at 100% of maximum capabilities. I know because I slept at a Holiday Express. Athletes can wait until the retire to do drugs and that is most fair to fans who are paying to see them.

So what? It's not in any way a performance enhancer, so why does the league even care to ban it? I can understand why the league wouldn't want a player high on the field, but if he's smoking a little during his time off, why should that result in missing games?

'02