Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Gold Cup

Quote: :geek:

I'm probably in either NC, NJ, or NY. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Anyone know what channel Fox Sports 2 is in Jacksonville, Comcast? I am watching the USMNT-Panama game on Univision. I am fine with that, but I'd rather watch the English version.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Disappointing! Good thing we have a long time to regroup before the next tournament.

Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

Brooks is awful.  I get that he has talent but he makes way too many mistakes.  He gave up 3 almost gimme goals.  Luckily for us Panama only converted one of them.  Brooks needs experience but shouldnt be playing in elimination games.  This all goes back to Klinsmann playing favorites and leaving guys off for personal vendettas.  He did it with Donovan last year.  And he did it with Besler this year.  Klinsmann was upset because Besler wasnt in 100% fit shape in a friendly against Chile during his offseason.  They had an argument and so he left him off the Gold Cup.  

If we play like this during world cup qualifying, could make things more interesting.

What's scary is Panama played without 5 starters including two that were responsible for the draw in group stages of WC qualifying last go round.

I wish Klinsman would stay with lineups that have produced. The starting 11 against Panama was yet another new lineup. Haven't played with same one since early 2014. I really want to see more Morris playing.
;

M-E-X-I-C-O  

[Image: Mexico-s-midfielder-Andres-Guardado-appeals_2468999.jpg]

What i learned from this gold cup...

CONCACAF refs are blatantly terrible.

CONCACAF is really up for grabs for who ever is playing decent football at the time

Klinsmen's belief in the youth of the USMNT could have been misplaced... not that are really a ton of options, but it's hard for me to say that people like donavan wouldnt have helped us out in the WC or events like this... im not sure if he is retired now, but it sure didnt seem like he was done when they excluded him from the WC roster... i know he is old but he was still a decent CAM/CF/ST/Winger who was semi effective in front of the net.... the altidore move was also questionable for me, i know he hadnt been consistent but the kid is still a decent pure striker which it doesn't seem like we have at the moment.

Quote:What i learned from this gold cup...

CONCACAF refs are blatantly terrible.

CONCACAF is really up for grabs for who ever is playing decent football at the time

Klinsmen's belief in the youth of the USMNT could have been misplaced... not that are really a ton of options, but it's hard for me to say that people like donavan wouldnt have helped us out in the WC or events like this... im not sure if he is retired now, but it sure didnt seem like he was done when they excluded him from the WC roster... i know he is old but he was still a decent CAM/CF/ST/Winger who was semi effective in front of the net.... the altidore move was also questionable for me, i know he hadnt been consistent but the kid is still a decent pure striker which it doesn't seem like we have at the moment.
Altidore is terrible right now. He shouldn't have been on the initial GC roster. Altidore's game is speed, he has very little ball skills. If he isn't in space when taking a shot he does little to nothing with the ball.

;

Quote:What i learned from this gold cup...

I learned that cheating (or simply bad) refs are great when the calls go for the team one is rooting for. 

VIVA MEXICO !!

There was a direct free kick in the last minutes of extra time that was blocke.d  A player from panama jumped to within like three yards of Michael Bradley.  How did this happen and why wasn't it a card?  has anyone said anything?

Quote:There was a direct free kick in the last minutes of extra time that was blocke.d  A player from panama jumped to within like three yards of Michael Bradley.  How did this happen and why wasn't it a card?  has anyone said anything?
That was after he was basicly refusing to back up in the first pace which should have been a card... Bradley just took it like he was going to get the call, but nothing...

Quote:Altidore is terrible right now. He shouldn't have been on the initial GC roster. Altidore's game is speed, he has very little ball skills. If he isn't in space when taking a shot he does little to nothing with the ball.
he needs to get back in his grove... Generaly NT apeaences can be good times for stuff like that(at least when its not for the wc, i couldnt care less about the gc though)... fernando torres used to look like absolute garbage for his club( at chelsea) only to show up big for his country when he got the call... Thats one poor example, but imo, there isnt a better option.

Quote:he needs to get back in his grove... Generaly NT apeaences can be good times for stuff like that(at least when its not for the wc, i couldnt care less about the gc though)... fernando torres used to look like absolute garbage for his club( at chelsea) only to show up big for his country when he got the call... Thats one poor example, but imo, there isnt a better option.
That is one example, but Altidore has done quite the opposite of. When he was setting the world on fire with AZ he couldn't do the same with the USMNT. He's not that guy who can turn it on apparently. The need to get back in his groove was why he was sent home. He lacked conditioning more then anything I think. Top that with his lack of on the ball skill and it just looked pathetic.

Winning the Gold Cup put us staight into the Confederations Cup which is a very good pre World Cup tournament against the top teams in the world. It would have been huge. Now we have to go through a playoff. 

;

Quote:Winning the Gold Cup put us staight into the Confederations Cup which is a very good pre World Cup tournament against the top teams in the world. It would have been huge. Now we have to go through a playoff.

Oh, the US can still make it into the Confederations Cup? What's this playoff you mention, and do u know when it is?

(This post was last modified: 07-28-2015, 12:10 PM by TravC59.)

Quote:Oh, the US can still make it into the Confederations Cup? What's this playoff you mention, and do u know when it is?
Rose Bowl, October 9th. I wish it was somewhere other then the Rose Bowl. The Mexican team has a large following, but they really pack it out at the Rose Bowl.

I wish they'd come back to Jax. We have had outstanding crowds the last two times they have been here, and no turf issues that has been a huge problem in other places.

I know this playoff is a FIFA decision, but hopefully in the future we get a lot more.

;

Quote:Rose Bowl, October 9th. I wish it was somewhere other then the Rose Bowl. The Mexican team has a large following, but they really pack it out at the Rose Bowl.

I wish they'd come back to Jax. We have had outstanding crowds the last two times they have been here, and no turf issues that has been a huge problem in other places.

I know this playoff is a FIFA decision, but hopefully in the future we get a lot more.

Mexico vs USA winner goes to Confederations Cup? Is this because the US are defending champions? That's awesome!

Yeah, Jax would've been really cool.

Quote:Mexico vs USA winner goes to Confederations Cup? Is this because the US are defending champions? That's awesome!

Yeah, Jax would've been really cool.

Yep.  Relatively new format. the last two winners play for the right to go to the Confederations Cup unless it is the same team.  US would've automatically qualified if they had won this year's tourney because they are the defending champs.

“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

Quote:Rose Bowl, October 9th. I wish it was somewhere other then the Rose Bowl. The Mexican team has a large following, but they really pack it out at the Rose Bowl.

I was just out to the Rose Bowl and saw LA Galaxy vs FC Barcelona.  I did a trip to SF-LA-SD and it just happened to work out while I was in LA.   I'd have to say for that game alone, the Hispanic population was 70%.   LA has a 49% Hispanic population (but it should be noted they're not all from Mexico).

Quote:I was just out to the Rose Bowl and saw LA Galaxy vs FC Barcelona.  I did a trip to SF-LA-SD and it just happened to work out while I was in LA.   I'd have to say for that game alone, the Hispanic population was 70%.   LA has a 49% Hispanic population (but it should be noted they're not all from Mexico).
Yup, exactly. I'd be happy with a 50/50 split.

;

Game moved one day back to the 10th now.

;