Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jacksonville Inauguration Day 2015

The swearing in of the new mayor and new sheriff happens today. Good luck to both men.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I wish Lenny Curry and Mike Williams all the best-hopefully they can both lead Jacksonville to a new era of prosperity and growth just like Mayor Delaney did in the 90's.

Quote:I wish Lenny Curry and Mike Williams all the best-hopefully they can both lead Jacksonville to a new era of prosperity and growth just like Mayor Delaney did in the 90's.

In all honesty, I can't say that there is anything that Mayor Brown did or didn't do that I would hold against him.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:In all honesty, I can't say that there is anything that Mayor Brown did or didn't do that I would hold against him.
I'm not swiping Brown, but I really don't know much about him to make an opinion (my family and I left Jacksonville in 2005). I can only speak on behalf of our experience living in Jax when Delaney was still around.

Quote:I'm not swiping Brown, but I really don't know much about him to make an opinion (my family and I left Jacksonville in 2005). I can only speak on behalf of our experience living in Jax when Delaney was still around.

I was not implying that you were taking a swipe at Brown.

I'm kind of "on the fence" when it comes to Mayor Delaney.  I realize that it wasn't his job and out of his realm when the Federal Government decided to shut down Cecil Field, but in my mind, that was a mistake.  Do I hold him accountable for that?  No.  However, there was an instance to where the base could have been re-established.  I don't think that he pursued the opportunity enough, and his incumbent Mayor Peyton pretty much closed the deal with the federal government.

Of course, I am biased.  Cecil Field is where I served during my time in the service, and to this day I think that it was a horrible mistake to shut it down.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:In all honesty, I can't say that there is anything that Mayor Brown did or didn't do that I would hold against him.

I don't think he did a bad job. But I can't point to many accomplishments.

Not sure much is going to change with Curry.
;

;

Quote:I don't think he did a bad job. But I can't point to many accomplishments.

Not sure much is going to change with Curry.

Alvin Brown didn't get in the way of Shad Khan and his plans for the Jags and for Jax. That was good enough for me. Here's hoping Curry follows suit because I really want to see this shipyards project come to fruition.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

From the outside looking in I had lots of respect for the way Brown ran his campaign (On TV and the Radio). I'm not sure who I would have voted for if I was in Duval county to be honest. 

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:Alvin Brown didn't get in the way of Shad Khan and his plans for the Jags and for Jax. That was good enough for me. Here's hoping Curry follows suit because I really want to see this shipyards project come to fruition.

I would guess that any mayor in this town is going to be all-in behind this team. I doubt we will see anyone play hardball with the Jaguars. 

Quote:I was not implying that you were taking a swipe at Brown.

I'm kind of "on the fence" when it comes to Mayor Delaney.  I realize that it wasn't his job and out of his realm when the Federal Government decided to shut down Cecil Field, but in my mind, that was a mistake.  Do I hold him accountable for that?  No.  However, there was an instance to where the base could have been re-established.  I don't think that he pursued the opportunity enough, and his incumbent Mayor Peyton pretty much closed the deal with the federal government.

Of course, I am biased.  Cecil Field is where I served during my time in the service, and to this day I think that it was a horrible mistake to shut it down.
I had a few relatives who worked at Cecil Field and NAS Jax during their time in the Navy. Great memories.

Quote:Of course, I am biased.  Cecil Field is where I served during my time in the service, and to this day I think that it was a horrible mistake to shut it down.

May I ask why?

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:May I ask why?

For one, at the time that it was a Navy Base it was a fairly "remote" area.  This makes it ideal as far as noise, etc.  Also, it has 4 runways with one of them being one of the longest in the country (it was also a backup runway for the space shuttle).  It has far more ramp and hanger space than NAS Jax, and there was plenty of room for expansion should it be necessary.