Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL.com believes

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...ke-bortles

number 14 lets see what happens. I think they had Drob in this list last year

[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I hope they're right.

"It was Blake Bortles the whole time. They believe in this kid. He reminds me a bit of a young Ben Roethlisberger." ~Mike Mayock

We all do.

Nice.

Huh

(This post was last modified: 07-01-2015, 07:41 AM by leopold332002.)

I hope so too because i don't want my two jerseys of his to go to waste. :-(

[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote:http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...ke-bortles

number 14 lets see what happens. I think they had Drob in this list last year
Actually it was Cyprien, Gerhart, Gus and Dave last year.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000...-countdown

Quote:Actually it was Cyprien, Gerhart, Gus and Dave last year.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000...-countdown

Might be able to make an argument for Dave "breaking out" as his drafts have looked great, but those other three didn't exactly back up the author's belief.

Quote:Might be able to make an argument for Dave "breaking out" as his drafts have looked great, but those other three didn't exactly back up the author's belief.
Dave admitted to leaving some holes on the roster by going too young which did have a direct impact on the others. So I am not so sure he deserves a pass either.

Hopefully things come together this year and the 2014 rankings will just be premature.

Quote:Dave admitted to leaving some holes on the roster by going too young which did have a direct impact on the others. So I am not so sure he deserves a pass either.

Hopefully things come together this year and the 2014 rankings will just be premature.

You're right. It's not like someone can make an air tight case for Dave succeeding so far. It's all just been positive evaluations of his drafts, but up until now he's completely failed to have a competitive roster ready to go during any of the Jagaurs seasons under him, or maybe he has and the coaching has actually been the problem. It's really hard to tell, but I do think the Jaguars should have talked to Jim Harbaugh during the offseason if they didn't. Gus has done nothing so far to show he's even a top half of the league coach, and Harbaugh is definitely a top tier guy.

This is the year for everyone to step up. I am of the opinion Jags will win 5 or 6 games but all the others should be very competitive until the very end. That is what I liked about the Jags first 13 years because almost every game Jags were competitive until the final snap. In that article it did rate the Jaguars O line as one of the top 3. I believe they have improved but until I see it on the field...if they are one of the top 3 O lines then we will win more than 6 games even if Bortles Only has an average year for NFL QB.

Raweyejag, you misread the article. It stated that Jacksonville has a top three O line coach.
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:You're right. It's not like someone can make an air tight case for Dave succeeding so far. It's all just been positive evaluations of his drafts, but up until now he's completely failed to have a competitive roster ready to go during any of the Jagaurs seasons under him, or maybe he has and the coaching has actually been the problem. It's really hard to tell, but I do think the Jaguars should have talked to Jim Harbaugh during the offseason if they didn't. Gus has done nothing so far to show he's even a top half of the league coach, and Harbaugh is definitely a top tier guy.
Harbaugh bailed as soon as his roster began showing weakness. Developing an NFL team doesn't appear to interest him. The roster he inherited in San Fran was full of years of high draft picks that actually panned out and he managed to get a QB that was hot his first few seasons.

That's a far different situation than he would have had here.

Quote:Harbaugh bailed as soon as his roster began showing weakness. Developing an NFL team doesn't appear to interest him. The roster he inherited in San Fran was full of years of high draft picks that actually panned out and he managed to get a QB that was hot his first few seasons.

That's a far different situation than he would have had here.

And if he turned the Jaguars down then okay. I didn't say the Jaguars had to land him, just that they should have talked to him. He went to the NFC championship without a great QB multiple times and came close to winning the Superbowl with a guy that can't read defenses. You can say it's about the roster, but he got results with poor to mediocre QB play, and that really says something about a guy coaching in a league where it's pretty recognized that having a difference making QB is probably the most important thing to success.

Remember how stacked his Ds were? And I don't consider Alex Smith and Kaep poor to mediocre. Above average athletic game managers.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

scared

Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

I like it! Can't wait to see how it all works out. I like personally like his potential.

LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

Well we've had the leap of faith for the past two years. Cypr37n had a good year according to his tackle stats. If Gerhart didn't get hurt within the first game against Philly, he would've had that talked about leap, (See latter part of season stats). Gus and Caldwell did what was needed to obtain their leap of faith as per 2015's FA, UDFA and Rookie Draft classes...

Time Will Tell...

NH3...

"AZANE"

When you say that Dave has failed to have an competitive roster under his watch, do you mean the past two years of him completely revamping 95% of the roster. Is it the fact that you can only fill multiple, (as in few) holes per draft, FA classes. Dave presented a plan to which he has implemented to the T. As talentless as we were before Dave's arrival, we're more talented since his arrival. The next two years will determine his success coupled w/the previous two years...

Time Will Tell...

NH3...

"AZANE"

(This post was last modified: 07-01-2015, 09:45 PM by Vicbow Rules.)

One thing i notice about Bortles is that people are not saying he is a bust, but rather they are cautiously optimistic. That is a HUGE difference from our last first rounder, when everyone had already thrown in the towel by the start of his second season
“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

Quote:One thing i notice about Bortles is that people are not saying he is a bust, but rather they are cautiously optimistic. That is a HUGE difference from our last first rounder, when everyone had already thrown in the towel by the start of his second season

You have to admire a guy that is working his [BLEEP] off to become a better player.