Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Best case scenerio for 2015 season

It is hard to be optimistic regarding the upcoming season due to the disappointing results the Jaguars have had in recent seasons. However, for some reason I believe that this is the season when the Jaguars turn things around. My definition of turning things around does not mean they will earn a spot in the playoffs. I do expect the team to win 7 or 8 games and the fans to expect the team to be in the playoff hunt in 2016. This optimistic viewpoint is based on the following predictions for 2015:

1. Blake Bortles will prove to be the franchise quarterback they hoped for when he was drafted. His statistics will not be overwhelming, but he will cut down significantly on turnovers. Most importantly, his mechanics will be much improved and he will demonstrate the leadership skills required of successful quarterbacks.

2. The offensive line will show the greatest improvement of all units.Joeckel will finally show why he was drafted so high and the competition at center and guard will result in a solid unit. Cann will eventually unseat Beadles and the tandem of him and Linder will be one of the best in the league efore too long.

3. The running game will be very productive. Part of this is due to the improved line, but Yeldon will prove to be versatile and highly productive. Robinson may not get as many carries as at the end of last season, but he will complement Yeldon and be productive when on the field. He likely will become the primary kick returner to begin the season.

4. Julius Thomas will end up with 10 touchdowns and not be the bust many pre-season magazines are already predicting.

5. A.R.15 will be a solid number 1 receiver, finishing with 80 receptions and 10 touchdowns.

6. The defense will play much faster and effectively. Telvin Smith, Cyprien and Colvin will continue to improve and Odrick will become a key player on the defensive line.

7. At least one other free agent will be a great surprise- could be House or Skuta even though they did overpay for both.

These 7 things are why it is not unreasonable for the Jaguars to go 8-8. Their schedule is not easy, but I like the first 2 games being at home. They must at least split these 2 since they likely will lose at the Patriots and Colts. Am I an incurable optimist or do you see this prediction as having a decent chance of happenning?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I think 18-0 is the best scenario. Anything beyond 2-14 with two wins against the tacks is good enough for me.

Play like an NFL team
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Quote:Anything beyond 2-14 with two wins against the tacks is good enough for me.

3-13 good enough for Patel. #BecauseJags

Quote:I think 18-0 is the best scenario. Anything beyond 2-14 with two wins against the tacks is good enough for me.

Way to shoot for the stars.

Quote:Way to shoot for the stars.
Hope to land in the stadium.

Land a win...

Well, it wouldn't be wrong to say your predictions are optimistic, but it wouldn't right to say they are outlandish, either.

Anything can happen; how many people in the 96 offseason thought the Jags could beat Elway at home in the playoffs? Every year is a crap shoot, to a certain extent anyway.

Quote:Well, it wouldn't be wrong to say your predictions are optimistic, but it wouldn't right to say they are outlandish, either.

Anything can happen; how many people in the 96 offseason thought the Jags could beat Elway at home in the playoffs? Every year is a crap shoot, to a certain extent anyway.

To expound further, how many people in '96 even had the Jags making the playoffs or better yet finishing with a winning record?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Seeing that the Jaguars didn't score on a Kickoff return, I would like to see one of those...maybe two.

The defense should stand to snatch more than 6 int's this year. That was pretty terrible.

Maybe Marks or Clemson can get to double digits in the sack category.

A receiver catching over 60 balls could happen.

J.Thomas could break all of our TE rec. records.

Punt return can't possibly get any worse....so... yeah

I see room for lots of upward movement. :yes:

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:I think 18-0 is the best scenario. Anything beyond 2-14 with two wins against the tacks is good enough for me.

This is what apathy looks like, .500 or I riot
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Jags blow out the Tacks twice and go 2-14. Tack miss playoffs by 1 game.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:Seeing that the Jaguars didn't score on a Kickoff return, I would like to see one of those...maybe two.

The defense should stand to snatch more than 6 int's this year. That was pretty terrible.

Maybe Marks or Clemson can get to double digits in the sack category.

A receiver catching over 60 balls could happen.

J.Thomas could break all of our TE rec. records.

Punt return can't possibly get any worse....so... yeah

I see room for lots of upward movement. :yes:
All of the above are possible, however if Marks got double digits sacks from the DT position coming off an ACL, i'd be blown away.  I'd probably cry!!!

Quote:All of the above are possible, however if Marks got double digits sacks from the DT position coming off an ACL, i'd be blown away.  I'd probably cry!!!

I can imagine Marks hits his 10th sack and you, in a crowd of people, break down and start sobbing uncontrollably.

Quote:I can imagine Marks hits his 10th sack and you, in a crowd of people, break down and start sobbing uncontrollably.
I hope it happens, i'll cry like a baby!

For a mere 10th sack, from an elite?

Tears to spare much Wink

Quote:For a mere 10th sack, from an elite?

Tears to spare much Wink
2 things Brit, first, i'm not really gonna cry.  I don't think :woot: .

Second, do you realize how long it's been!!!

Sure do matey. We'll cry aplenty when we get:

- Another 1000 yard WR, since Smooth

- Another 1000 yard RB, since MOJO

- Another 10 sack artist, since the Man

- Another 20 TD QB, since Garrard

- Another 4000 yard passer, since Brunell

- Another 10 receiving TD WR, since Reggie

- Another 8 interception DB, since Mathis

- Please feel free to add more targets

Basically, St. John's river anticipates overflowing with our collective tears

Quote:Sure do matey. We'll cry aplenty when we get:

- Another 1000 yard WR, since Smooth

- Another 1000 yard RB, since MOJO

- Another 10 sack artist, since the Man

- Another 20 TD QB, since Garrard

- Another 4000 yard passer, since Brunell

- Another 10 receiving TD WR, since Reggie

- Another 8 interception DB, since Mathis

- Please feel free to add more targets

Basically, St. John's river anticipates overflowing with our collective tears
I'm getting teary eyed just thinking about it!

I think that Jags win 9 games at best and win 5 games at worst. But my head tells me Jags go 7 and 9. They will steal one from the Colts this season.

Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

Not a steal. They ain't all that. A dolt D is always a dolt D. #375, #566 in total that season.