Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Fred Taylor YPC

https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/614916952595673088

Tweet from Tony:

Per @fbgchase, the only running backs in @NFL history with >4.6 yards per carry & >2500 career carries are @FredTaylorMade & @BarrySanders

I knew he was HOF caliber, I didn't realize those two were the only ones in that club.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It's absolutely ridiculous that not a single Jaguar is in the HOF yet. Maybe when we win our first SB the league might reexamine our franchise and include guys like Boselli, Smith, and McCardell into the hall.

Dude was special.  I never fully appreciated it while he was playing.

Huh

Quote:It's absolutely ridiculous that not a single Jaguar is in the HOF yet. Maybe when we win our first SB the league might reexamine our franchise and include guys like Boselli, Smith, and McCardell into the hall.

It's not really surprising. Boselli is on the bubble because of the length of his career. Taylor hasn't been retired long enough to qualify. Those are the only two who are really worthy.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Dude was special.  I never fully appreciated it while he was playing.

Taylor is still one of the most explosive players I've ever had the privilege to see in person.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Dude was special.  I never fully appreciated it while he was playing.

Just imagine if he hadn't missed the games with injuries that he did.

FT was great for the Jags,but OH,what could have been?

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Adrian Peterson is closing in. His average has dropped the last couple seasons, however, he's still at 5.0 ypc and he's topped 2000 carries. Another 446 carries and he'll have made this list.

'02

Marshawn Lynch could get their too. He's at 4.7 ypc and only has a few less total carries than Peterson.

'02

Ironically, this stat is a sign of great durablility which you don't really consider when thinking about Fragile Fred.

'02

Watching the dude play told you he's a HOF'er. The NFL won't put him in, but everyone who's worth a damn knows Fred is a Hall of Fame level talent; persons that argue otherwise just don't know what the hell they're talking about.

Quote:Taylor is still one of the most explosive players I've ever had the privilege to see in person.

Such an underestimated statement. I don't know; I doubt that I'll ever be able to say a Jaguar player is clearly better than Fred Taylor was in his prime. Fred was one of those rare players that had the potential to change a game just by having the ball in his hands. MJD was close, but it it was always very clear that Fred Taylor was the best RB talent the Jags ever had. I don't think you'll see a better talent in Jacksonville for decades to come, if at all.

Quote:It's absolutely ridiculous that not a single Jaguar is in the HOF yet. Maybe when we win our first SB the league might reexamine our franchise and include guys like Boselli, Smith, and McCardell into the hall.

You're nuts, but God love you any way.

It seemed FT was always in LT's shadow. LaDanian Tomlinson was always considered better and took the spot light.

As it relates, LT had over 3000 carries but only mustered a 4.3 average.

'02

Quote:It's not really surprising. Boselli is on the bubble because of the length of his career. Taylor hasn't been retired long enough to qualify. Those are the only two who are really worthy.

I'd argue Jimmy is worthy, but WRs tend to have to wait awhile to get in anyways and now very good receivers are getting inflated stats because of how pass heavy the game has become, so his stats don't look as great in comparison.

Quote:It seemed FT was always in LT's shadow. LaDanian Tomlinson was always considered better and took the spot light.

LaDainian Tomlinson had nearly 3200 carries, but he was a TD hound which looks really great on the stats.

Quote:It seemed FT was always in LT's shadow. LaDanian Tomlinson was always considered better and took the spot light.

FT was in a lot of shadows, mostly because he had low TD production compared with the rest of his stats and he came around at the same time the abomination known as fantasy football started to dominate the perception of the RB position. Fred Taylor was consistently great at getting a lot of yardage and producing big plays, but almost every year of his career someone else had bigger numbers. If he had played in one of the large markets he'd probably be going into the hall of fame this year or next.

Quote:It's not really surprising. Boselli is on the bubble because of the length of his career. Taylor hasn't been retired long enough to qualify. Those are the only two who are really worthy.

If I had to guess, I would say Boselli gets in eventually through the Veterans Committee. He had a short career but was a dominant player from the minute he stepped onto the field.
;

;

If not for the off the field stuff, Jimmy would be in the conversation as well. Andre Reed of the Bills just got in and his numbers are very similar to Jimmy's.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

There backs in the HOF right now that I'd pick Freddy-T over and I don't say that as a Jag homer. The only reason he isn't in is because he player here.

Quote:Marshawn Lynch could get their too. He's at 4.7 ypc and only has a few less total carries than Peterson.

Lynch is a career 4.3. I think you are looking at last season.