Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tiger Woods

As a long time Tiger fan, it's just sad watching him at this point. I feel bad for him. I had to shut the U.S. Open off last night because I couldn't watch it anymore.

It's amazing how good he looks on the range, but once he steps to the tee box, he looks like the average weekend golfer.

Please Tiger, for your own sake, swallow your pride and go back to Butch Harmon. You've hit rock bottom.

At this rate, he'll never even be a quarter of what he used to be.

It's sad to watch this happen to one of my favorite athletes.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He is pathetic.  I don't even waste my time with him anymore. 

All about Spieth at this point. 

+12

go home Meerkat woods

Woods is done.  Nobody is intimidated by him like they were early in his career.  His body is failing and he's not getting any younger. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:As a long time Tiger fan, it's just sad watching him at this point. I feel bad for him. I had to shut the U.S. Open off last night because I couldn't watch it anymore.

It's amazing how good he looks on the range, but once he steps to the tee box, he looks like the average weekend golfer.

Please Tiger, for your own sake, swallow your pride and go back to Butch Harmon. You've hit rock bottom.

At this rate, he'll never even be a quarter of what he used to be.

It's sad to watch this happen to one of my favorite athletes.

If your only reason for watching golf is to watch Tiger, you may as well stop watching for good. I've been watching golf's major tournaments since 1982 and I'll continue to love it with or without Eldrick in contention.

There are a lot of great golfers out there today. Always have been, always will be. If you're just a bandwagon golf fan due to Tiger's success, take care of yourself. The golf diehards won't miss you.
<FONT size=3>The secret to surfing is don't do anything.</FONT>

Quote:If your only reason for watching golf is to watch Tiger, you may as well stop watching for good. I've been watching golf's major tournaments since 1982 and I'll continue to love it with or without Eldrick in contention.

There are a lot of great golfers out there today. Always have been, always will be. If you're just a bandwagon golf fan due to Tiger's success, take care of yourself. The golf diehards won't miss you.

I agree. Spieth, rory, day, and many many others.

Quote:If your only reason for watching golf is to watch Tiger, you may as well stop watching for good. I've been watching golf's major tournaments since 1982 and I'll continue to love it with or without Eldrick in contention.

There's nothing wrong with being a casual golf fan. I don't think he claimed to be anymore than that. He's surely not the only one.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:There's nothing wrong with being a casual golf fan. I don't think he claimed to be anymore than that. He's surely not the only one.
Agreed.

While many of us have been watching or playing golf our entire lives, many millennials grew up in a world where Tiger Woods was the center of the golfing universe, and it wasn't even close.  I know older golf fans who got bored with the game who came back because of Woods.  

Yes, there are great golfers out there doing amazing things, and it's probably more entertaining now than it it's been in a long time, but it's difficult to argue with the impact Woods has had on the PGA.  All you need to do is look at the ratings for tournaments where he's in contention vs. those where he either misses the cut or he's out of it for the weekend.  He's still a major draw on TV, and after watching the galleries at The Players last month, there are still a ton of fans who want to see him on the course.

Now, that shine will no doubt dissipate as he continues to wallow in this funk he's currently enduring.  I don't know how a golfer can recover from the kind of fall he's had, especially after all the health issues and off the course shenanigans that have had to impact the psychological aspect of his game significantly. 

There was a time when he was at his peak when golfers were legitimately intimidated by him, especially on Sundays when he donned the red shirt. 

It's a big loss for the PGA, but there are a ton of young guns who are more than making up for it.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 06-19-2015, 07:47 PM by TravC59.)

Quote:There's nothing wrong with being a casual golf fan. I don't think he claimed to be anymore than that. He's surely not the only one.
I would consider myself less than even a casual fan. I have played one round of golf in my life and I was miserable. Only did so because it was a charity event.

I never watched a second of golf before Tiger. I can't watch it when he doesn't play. No one else has given me reason to. He was something else in his hey day. 

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

You want a cookie?

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

That's not at all what I was saying, but nice assumption. I've watched many tournaments with or without him. I'm far from a "casual" golf fan.

I think that blow to the head from Elin Nordegren with the golf club did a whole lot more damage than anyone is willing to admit.

Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Quote:I think that blow to the head from Elin Nordegren with the golf club did a whole lot more damage than anyone is willing to admit.

He just needs a slump buster. Quick, someone find him a hot Swedish woman to marry so he can cheat on her with a meth-addicted Perkins waitress.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:He just needs a slump buster. Quick, someone find him a hot Swedish woman to marry so he can cheat on her with a meth-addicted Perkins waitress.

That does seem to work for him!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

I remember when courses were 'Tiger Proofing' by making longer holes etc. Funny because it seems that the older guys are having a harder time winning since that happened.
“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

Frankly, while I admire what  Tiger has done in his career and for the game, I'm ready to move on.    Now we have Rory McIlroy, Jordan Spieth, Jason Day, Dustin Johnson, and I'll bet a whole lot more coming up after them.   That is a strong lineup.   Golf is is a good place right now.   I thought the US Open was really compelling drama and not having Tiger didn't hurt it at all as far as I was concerned. 

(This post was last modified: 06-24-2015, 05:30 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Once he starts hitting these again, I'm sure he'll start hitting the ball better as well

[Image: gal-women-jpg.jpg]

Quote:Once he starts hitting these again, I'm sure he'll start hitting the ball better as well

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CAcQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nydailynews.com%2Fentertainment%2Fgossip%2F1-year-tiger-woods-alleged-mistresses-joslyn-james-loredana-joli-cori-rist-rachel-uchitel-gallery-1.68691&ei=EyGLVarRCIqx-AGv44HoCQ&bvm=bv.96339352,d.cWw&psig=AFQjCNGNiEdV_RdSAh3Ga6ZuXGUYwxgNRw&ust=1435267729786818'>[Image: gal-women-jpg.jpg]</a>

Apparently his only criteria was "have a pulse".

Quote:Apparently his only criteria was "have a pulse".

NO KIDDING !!!   Some of them barely meet the 2am criteria.   OK, who am I trying to kid, I really didn't have any criteria at 2am .....

Quote:NO KIDDING !!!   Some of them barely meet the 2am criteria.   OK, who am I trying to kid, I really didn't have any criteria at 2am .....

Yeah, most people don't!! A million years ago I worked as a bartender over the summers during college...closing time was always interesting to say the least!! :blink: