Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags #3. Finally getting some respect

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Ah man...I was excited to see some good news. Now I'm depressed again.

And here I was expecting this to be the projected 2015 AFC South standings.

This amount of suffering can only be alleviated with Championship medicine. Save us Bortles

Actually, this is a good thing.  2012 gave us a whole new regime in 2013.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Seems like an odd choice to me.  Both 2010 and 2011 were worse.

Quote:Seems like an odd choice to me.  Both 2010 and 2011 were worse.

As was 2008.

Man, that draft was bad. But all of Genius Gene's drafts were horrible.

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

It is the quiet period and this is the hindsight 20/20 effect.  I don't consider that a historically bad draft class.  Don't get me wrong it didn't work out.  But as pointed out, it allowed us to hit rock bottom and start all over again.  Let us hope it was the start of something better.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

08 was by far the worst

Quote:Seems like an odd choice to me. Both 2010 and 2011 were worse.

Agreed. You would think NFL.com could at least get their bashing right.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Sadly 2012 was one of Gene's better drafts.

Quote:As was 2008.

Probably the worst draft in franchise history

Quote:Actually, this is a good thing.  2012 gave us a whole new regime in 2013.

And we've been better ever since :teehee:

I don't think that draft was even that bad. Branch, Marshall and Anger are all servicible to good NFL players.

Blackmon you could argue either way possibly.

(This post was last modified: 06-18-2015, 01:56 PM by Jaguar Warrior.)

Quote:I don't think that draft was even that bad. Branch, Marshall and Anger are all servicible to good NFL players.

I thought the Derrick Harvey draft was the worst, 2008.

1 8 8 Derrick Harvey Defensive End Florida

2 21 52 Quentin Groves Defensive End Auburn

5 20 155 Thomas Williams Linebacker USC

5 24 159 Trae Williams Cornerback USF

7 6 213 Chauncey Washington Running back USC

JUST

Quote:I don't think that draft was even that bad. Branch, Marshall and Anger are all servicible to good NFL players.

It's quite the statement that a draft in which the team has essentially one guy left contributing in only the most marginal of ways and a punter selected WAAAAAAAAAAAAY too high is what we consider "not that bad" around here. It was an awful draft, and it only seems better by comparison to the rest of the landfill hauls of Gene Smith over his time picking players. I think you're really exaggerating to call any of those three "good." A great punter is still just a no one for any good team, and Anger isn't even great as punters go, he's just pretty good, which makes him pretty much an afterthought.

Quote:Actually, this is a good thing. 2012 gave us a whole new regime in 2013.

This^^

Getting rid of Gene and company was like puking up rancid food that made you feeling super sick.. After the purge, you begin feeling much better despite the sweats..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

When I think about it, has there been a worse draft ever, in the history of football, than our 2008 draft? I can't imagine so.

Quote:It's quite the statement that a draft in which the team has essentially one guy left contributing in only the most marginal of ways and a punter selected WAAAAAAAAAAAAY too high is what we consider "not that bad" around here. It was an awful draft, and it only seems better by comparison to the rest of the landfill hauls of Gene Smith over his time picking players. I think you're really exaggerating to call any of those three "good." A great punter is still just a no one for any good team, and Anger isn't even great as punters go, he's just pretty good, which makes him pretty much an afterthought.

I would say Anger is a good player at his position, Brandon Marshall certainly looks to be a good LB as of now, and Branch is a decent NFL player.