Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Coughlin's Stamp

(This post was last modified: 02-12-2017, 07:30 PM by Treestone Ice.)

I haven't seen anyone talking about this yet, its an article I found on Reddit. Here's a quote for you disciplinarian lovers out there: "*Coughlin’s imprint on the Jaguars is already evident behind the scenes. Per multiple sources, nobody can wear a hat inside the team’s offices (including players) and staff members are required to wear slacks instead of shorts. Also, the coaches are on a six-days-a-week work schedule (Monday-Saturday) for most of the off-season instead of the usual five days."

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://jacksonville.com/sports/2017-02-10/nfljaguars-insider-prince-amukamara-part-cornerback-free-agent-market-again'>http://jacksonville.com/sports/2017-02-10/nfljaguars-insider-prince-amukamara-part-cornerback-free-agent-market-again</a>

So what do you think? Much needed improvement, or too much soup nazi?

Edit: It's gonna be really interesting seeing how Bortles reacts to the no hat thing. These guys are gonna be wishing they didn't get Gus canned.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The no-hat no shorts rule seems dumb as [BLEEP] if true. I get its to send a message and all but in reality its just rules for the sake of rules.

It's goes back to the old saying, "it's the small things that make us a winning team"

I see nothing wrong with it.  

It is his team.

As Executive of Football Operations.  

He has that right. 

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Until Shad walks in with a hat on. lol

<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->;

;

Quote:Until Shad walks in with a hat on. lol

He won't wear it for long.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Until Shad walks in with a hat on. lol
When did you see him wear a hat? 

#Gojags

He's won 2 Super Bowls. He can institute whatever he wants.

Quote:When did you see him wear a hat? 
it was just a comment

<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->;

;

Quote:The no-hat no shorts rule seems dumb as [BAD WORD REMOVED] if true. I get its to send a message and all but in reality its just rules for the sake of rules.

Yeah. Kind-of dumb, but I'd note the "inside team offices" bit.  That doesn't mean locker room, film room, or even position-group meeting rooms necessarily.  

I read that as if you are entering the staff's office area, you take off your hat.  Old school and out-dated a bit, but not that big of a deal really. 

I figure he's seen enough to justify these decisions. 

I'd bet that he reels it in if people start showing more discipline. 

Quote:The no-hat no shorts rule seems dumb as [BAD WORD REMOVED] if true. I get its to send a message and all but in reality its just rules for the sake of rules.

It's just a way to have everyone be or appear more professionall. Don't find anything wrong with it.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:Yeah. Kind-of dumb, but I'd note the "inside team offices" bit.  That doesn't mean locker room, film room, or even position-group meeting rooms necessarily.  

I read that as if you are entering the staff's office area, you take off your hat.  Old school and out-dated a bit, but not that big of a deal really. 
Ah no thats actually reasonable. I thought it was no hats and shorts inside the the building.

Oh, no, not the slacks!

How will the staff ever cope with those professional contracts and lucrative compensation to standard uniforms? I can feel the foundation already shaking and it isn't even preseason.

The audacity of Tom is unnerving. Abuse of power? You can bet your shiny penny. Tom the habitual line crosser will see an early demise if he keeps it up. I can just hear the outcry "We want shorts! We want shorts! We want... What do we want? SHORTS! When do we want it? Shorts!"

Quote:Ah no thats actually reasonable. I thought it was no hats and shorts inside the the building.
It might be what you thought  - I just read it to mean the more formal offices and not the regular meeting rooms.  I'm sure we'll hear more when players report for conditioning and OTAs. 

Quote: "We want shorts! We want shorts! We want... What do we want? SHORTS! When do we want it? Shorts!"
[Image: f3ulZeRy.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 02-12-2017, 08:57 PM by Teal Time Radio.)

Could our uniforms return the jet black. or white and teal?  Or just Teal?

So we stop looking like the steelers.  Bring back the Teal!

#Gojags

Quote:Could our uniforms return the jet black. or white and teal?  Or just Teal?

So we stop looking like the steelers.  Bring back the Teal!
They can't make any major change until 2018.  

(This post was last modified: 02-12-2017, 09:00 PM by Teal Time Radio.)

Quote:They can't make any major change until 2018.  
Licking chops for 2018.  Cook in Teal and our New qb. 

jk I really hope Bortles succeeds. 

#Gojags

To quote Deion Sanders..

"If you look good, you feel good. If you feel good, you play good. If you play good, they pay good."
[Image: SaKG4.gif]