Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Coughlin's Stamp

"Obedience brings victory, and victory is life." - Jem'Hadar  **Nerd Alert**

But it's true. Dressing uniformly and professionally takes the individuality out of the equation, it creates unit cohesion, and fewer individuals = fewer distractions. 

Calling Deshawn Watson a future bust since 3/19/17. If I eat crow, I will keep this in here and proclaim JackCity a genius. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I like it. Even if it does nothing else but instill a sense of respect for authority and letting players know that the ice cream social is over. Time for some liver and onions.

Quote:I haven't seen anyone talking about this yet, its an article I found on Reddit. Here's a quote for you disciplinarian lovers out there: "*Coughlin’s imprint on the Jaguars is already evident behind the scenes. Per multiple sources, nobody can wear a hat inside the team’s offices (including players) and staff members are required to wear slacks instead of shorts. Also, the coaches are on a six-days-a-week work schedule (Monday-Saturday) for most of the off-season instead of the usual five days."

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://jacksonville.com/sports/2017-02-10/nfljaguars-insider-prince-amukamara-part-cornerback-free-agent-market-again'>http://jacksonville.com/sports/2017-02-10/nfljaguars-insider-prince-amukamara-part-cornerback-free-agent-market-again</a>

So what do you think? Much needed improvement, or too much soup nazi?

Edit: It's gonna be really interesting seeing how Bortles reacts to the no hat thing. These guys are gonna be wishing they didn't get Gus canned.
This team under achieved.  Coaching had a lot to do with it but the players are accountable.  The QB positon, Wr's, Rb's, and line for most of the season was awful.  I think a swift kick in the behind is what this organization needs.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:This team under achieved.  Coaching had a lot to do with it but the players are accountable.  The QB positon, Wr's, Rb's, and line for most of the season was awful.  I think a swift kick in the behind is what this organization needs.
Totally agree.  The whole blame the fans thing.  Will be out of the minds. 

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

People said the same thing initially when Mularkey was having everyone line up in perfect lines and put their helmets in rows and junk. Now it's a running joke.

Stuff like this just doesn't move the needle for me. 

Quote:Ah no thats actually reasonable. I thought it was no hats and shorts inside the the building.

If that was true nobody would wear hats on the sideline either.

As for no shorts, players practice in shorts LOL. So it obviously can't include the field.

Quote:They can't make any major change until 2018.  

We do have teal jerseys. I don't know why we don't wear them once a year as planned.

Quote:People said the same thing initially when Mularkey was having everyone line up in perfect lines and put their helmets in rows and junk. Now it's a running joke.

Stuff like this just doesn't move the needle for me. 

Funny thing is, the running joke now is Jacksonville, not Mularkey.

Just look at the direction of his team, and this one since then.

He got the last laugh.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Funny thing is, the running joke now is Jacksonville, not Mularkey.

Just look at the direction of his team, and this one since then.

He got the last laugh.
Sure, but I highly doubt a shred of credit to his failure then or success now goes to standing in perfectly straight lines and putting helmets in rows. 

Same with Coughlin, whether this portion of his tenure works out will have very little if nothing to do with not wearing hats at certain times or wearing slacks at other times. 

Quote:He won't wear it for long.
Coughlin will punch it off

Let bortles wear Corrine Browns roadkill helmet for the time being

Quote:Sure, but I highly doubt a shred of credit to his failure then or success now goes to standing in perfectly straight lines and putting helmets in rows.

Same with Coughlin, whether this portion of his tenure works out will have very little if nothing to do with not wearing hats at certain times or wearing slacks at other times.

It's just a minuscule part of who they are. The meaning behind this story is that Coughlin is changing things. These changes won't make Blake start throwing accurately, but they are changes. Off-season nonsense. We will see what the real changes are when there are personnel decisions.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Offseason nonsense is a good term.

Oh good, unnecessary rules to enforce the idea that old man tom is a real disciplinarian. No nonsense fella that guy is i tell ya

Cant wait till Blake gets caught with a hat on and tom makes him drop for 50 push ups. This will surely show up on the wins column.

Quote:Oh good, unnecessary rules to enforce the idea that old man tom is a real disciplinarian. No nonsense fella that guy is I tell ya.

Cant wait till Blake gets caught with a hat on and tom makes him drop for 50 push ups. This will surely show up on the wins column.

I would not worry about that.

Quote:Oh good, unnecessary rules to enforce the idea that old man tom is a real disciplinarian. No nonsense fella that guy is i tell ya

No, but if Blake were to argue. Tom would bring in his replacement. And goes for everyone.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:No, but if Blake were to argue. Tom would bring in his replacement. And goes for everyone.
In that case, fingers crossed that Blake argues.

Quote:In that case, fingers crossed that Blake argues.

Quote:"Obedience brings
victory
, and
victory
is life." -
Jem
'
Hadar
**Nerd Alert**

But it's true. Dressing uniformly and professionally takes the individuality out of the equation, it creates unit cohesion, and fewer individuals = fewer distractions.

"Disclipline makes things easier. Organize your life." Dead Prez
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

Quote:Coughlin will punch it off

With his forehead.

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...