Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Thomas, Yeldon, Cann, Parnell and Fowler

I think if these guys are healthy we have 3 extra wins per year.

Those games that come down to 1 possession could easily go our way with 1 or 2 plays here and there.

Thomas is going to losen up that defense for our WRs and running backs.

Cann is going to open up holes for Yeldon.

Yeldon is going to probably get 300 plus touches to take pressure off Bortles.

Parnell solidifies that RT spot

When Fowler comes back he is a type of guy that can wreck a play and cause turnovers, sack strip, scoop and score.

3 may be a little high but atleast 2 or 2.5

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

So we're aiming for 5-6 wins this season?

I don't think you can equate it to "x" number of wins. That's a weird way to value players IMO
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Espn did a stat a few seasons ago that showed how many extra wins a player can add to a team.

It was very interesting.

I'm not as interested in the last possession games as I am the 7 we lost by 21 points or more.

Quote:I think if these guys are healthy we have 3 extra wins per year.

Those games that come down to 1 possession could easily go our way with 1 or 2 plays here and there.

Thomas is going to losen up that defense for our WRs and running backs.

Cann is going to open up holes for Yeldon.

Yeldon is going to probably get 300 plus touches to take pressure off Bortles.

Parnell solidifies that RT spot

When Fowler comes back he is a type of guy that can wreck a play and cause turnovers, sack strip, scoop and score.

3 may be a little high but atleast 2 or 2.5

Additional wins depends on improvement of Bortles, O line, and running game. Defense rank last year was not bad and should be improved. Offense should also be improved with additions and another year under their belt. I honestly think this but until I see it happen as the year progresses I am skeptical. We were a bad team last year and have only added a couple of quality NFL proven players. It can be done and is possible just like in '96 but Jags have to decrease basic blocking and tackling mistakes to at least NFL average or losing will continue. Go Jags We Can Do It.

Quote:I'm not as interested in the last possession games as I am the 7 we lost by 21 points or more.

Hopefully those lop sided games become nail biters.

I always thought it was a team sport, weird.

Quote:Additional wins depends on improvement of Bortles, O line, and running game. Defense rank last year was not bad and should be improved. Offense should also be improved with additions and another year under their belt. I honestly think this but until I see it happen as the year progresses I am skeptical. We were a bad team last year and have only added a couple of quality NFL proven players. It can be done and is possible just like in '96 but Jags have to decrease basic blocking and tackling mistakes to at least NFL average or losing will continue. Go Jags We Can Do It.

I love that team from 1996

[Image: B6IbrygCIAALOu_.jpg]

Have A Nice Day

More of the aforementioned, 2015 acquisitions, players will be help increase our win total...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Add more talent and get more wins.... why didn't Gene figure that out?

Quote:Add more talent and get more wins.... why didn't Gene figure that out?
because if they wasn't from small schools they didn't exist

[Image: giphy.gif]

Last year, 2014, the Jaguars lost 3 games by 20 or more points - by 31 to Washington and then by 27 and by 20 to the Colts.  Yes, the Colts, a team in our own division, beat the Jaguars really badly last year.  Jaguars lost 4 games by 8 or less points.

The Jaguars defense will be better against the run with Miller adding strength and Odrick and Skuta on the strong side.  The pass defense will be better with the younger DB's gaining a year of experience and better play at FS.  I am not suggesting large gains, but a little better against the run and a little better against the pass.

The offense I am expecting to have larger gains.  Bortles will be better, but, yes, that still has to be played out.  The OL will be much improved both in pass protection and run blocking.  Yeldon and Gerhart will be able to run downhill instead of sideways like it was last year.

To get those additional wins, though, will not be easy.  For the Jaguars to go 8-8 they should win the first two games against the Panthers and Dolphins.  Both of those games will be difficult.  The Panthers game will be Newton vs Bortles and the Miami game could be determined by Jaguars DL vs Dolphins OL.  I just don't see any easy wins this year.  The offense just absolutely has to go for the Jaguars to have a winning year.

Yes, Thomas, Yeldon, Cann, and Parnell will have a lot to do with how many games the Jaguars win this year, but more important will be the play of Bortles.