Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags have worst roster, per PFF and ESPN

Haven't seen this anywhere else on this forum yet. But it's interesting to note that Pro Football Focus and ESPN have now somewhat classified the Jags as the bottom of the barrel in talent. Link below has the video link to ESPN.

http://blackandteal.com/2015/06/10/jagua...all-focus/

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I like our core group of young guys. And I think the reviewer was WAY too harsh on Bortles. He wasn't even supposed to play last year.

(This post was last modified: 06-11-2015, 12:00 PM by cland.)

I think particularly with PFF's rankings, that it doesn't take in the rookie QB factor and opportunity for improvement into it's 2014 analysis.

The author's quote is fairly accurate:

Quote:In Bortles’ case, the team at least knew he would be a long-term project and never intended to start him as a rookie, but the signs were not good in his first year. He will need to make a major leap forward as a sophomore to help the team out.

I think whether you are convinced that Bortles will take a major leap, won't really be answered until mid-way through the season.

Winning is only thing that changes the reality of the Jaguars situation.  Long extended streak of losing won't keep us off the bottom of any of these lists.  Have to win (Stating the Obvious).  I'm hopeful this is the year we will start seeing some of the talent rise up for us fans.  I still have a sinking feeling that this year will be tough with not much to show in the win column.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Quote:Winning is only thing that changes the reality of the Jaguars situation.  Long extended streak of losing won't keep us off the bottom of any of these lists.  Have to win (Stating the Obvious).  I'm hopeful this is the year we will start seeing some of the talent rise up for us fans.  I still have a sinking feeling that this year will be tough with not much to show in the win column.

I thought we had at least a decent roster, but all the analysts and experts (professionals who do this as a job) seem to think otherwise. They have also been right the past 8 years now. No reason to doubt them given the Jaguars track record...its going to be (another) long season it looks like.

I'm optimistic, despite the lack of love for our team. I could just be a fool, too. We'll see in a couple of months. I think a lot of our folly last year was O-Line related. If we addressed that well enough, I think we are a different team. We did try get some stars in free agency. Strange thing is, you have to be "good enough" first, in order to attract top notch talent. Julius Thomas is an anomaly (God Bless him for coming)

Well we're missing a top 3 draft pick

This was so stupid I assume it was click bait and I fell for it.

Same as last year from them.

If they were accurate, then we'd have had the first pick of the draft.

Like all their opinions, grain of salt.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

It's the same team plus one season, Julius, and a rookie Yeldon. Improvement this season is largely based on unknowns -- Bortles & Olsen

Quote:It's the same team plus one season, Julius, and a rookie Yeldon. Improvement this season is largely based on unknowns -- Bortles & Olsen

Plus 6 other Free Agency signings. 2 of which will start on the O-Line.

Quote:Plus 6 other Free Agency signings. 2 of which will start on the O-Line.
I wouldn't pencil the Wiz in at C yet....

Quote:I wouldn't pencil the Wiz in at C yet....

I would pencil it. Just wouldn't ink it
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:It's the same team plus one season, Julius, and a rookie Yeldon. Improvement this season is largely based on unknowns -- Bortles & Olsen

The problem isn't that we haven't moved.

The problem is that we aren't the worst team.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Same as last year from them.

Yep, we proved them wrong didn't we.

I hate to say it but this is somewhat true.  We've pretty much gained 1 year of experience.  The fact that Cobb and McCourty re-signed with their existing teams was a huge blow to our immediate success.

I'm confident success is in the future but I think this season will be consistent with the past 2 years.

The Raiders, Titans and Bucs were pretty awful last year. Have they really made bigger roster improvements than us ? I'm not sure they have.

But then we didn't sign Mariota or Winston, so we must have a bad roster.

Quote:The Raiders, Titans and Bucs were pretty awful last year. Have they really made bigger roster improvements than us ? I'm not sure they have.

But then we didn't sign Mariota or Winston, so we must have a bad roster.

You can almost say Tennessee's roster has gotten worse than last year.....they also signed a rookie qb which is always a big risk.

I'm not saying we are going to be an amazing team, but it's just easy to keep the status quo the same until things change.

Quote:Yep, we proved them wrong didn't we.

^^^Lol

My thoughts exactly

Quote:Same as last year from them.

They were right last year.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]