Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 16

(12-26-2022, 01:19 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(12-26-2022, 11:11 AM)rpr52121 Wrote: Am I alone in feeling like this weekend of football is just taking too long? 4 days is just meh.

It was just a long weekend in geneeal with football starting Thursday, last minute Christmas stuff Friday, football and family/Christmas on Saturday, family/Christmas Day and football yesterday. I'm tired! 

I want to do nothing today. Can't get motivated.

You still have MNF.   Laughing
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-26-2022, 01:30 PM by NewJagsCity.)

(12-24-2022, 03:00 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Carolina looking decent against against Detroit.

Carolina on the same track as us to win their division. Im on their bandwagon, a terrific comeback story.

(12-25-2022, 07:12 PM)Butters Wrote:
(12-25-2022, 07:06 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Looks like the Broncos have mailed it in.

That and they really thought they had something in Wilson. Seattle knew that they were doing, dude is done.

That trade ranks right up there with the Herschel Walker trade.

(12-26-2022, 09:31 AM)Khan Artist Wrote:
(12-25-2022, 07:06 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Looks like the Broncos have mailed it in.

There’s no way the Plowboys win that game yesterday if Hurts was playing.  They completely ignored Minshew as any sort of running threat.  If I had to watch him do that handoff and stupid phantom pass on the RPO one more time I would have broken the TV.  That took a HUGE chunk out of Philly’s playbook.

I disagree entirely.  The Eagles still put up 34 points, which should have been more than enough if their defense is as good as advertised.  There's not enough drop off from Hurts to Minshew for Hurts to be MVP imo.  I feel like the MVP should be elevating the team to heights it couldn't reach without him, and I just don't feel like that's Hurts.

Denver is an absolute dumpster fire.  It's upsetting to have lost to them.

Totally agree. Eagles D was a no show.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Nate Hackett fired by the Broncos. Who didn’t see that coming?

(12-26-2022, 01:57 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Nate Hackett fired by the Broncos. Who didn’t see that coming?

Jags actually interviewed him. 
oooff

So glad Baalke/Khan hired Doug. 
SO glad.

(This post was last modified: 12-26-2022, 03:49 PM by carp8dm.)

My little brother is a Broncos fan. He lived there (Denver) after he finished college.

As a supportive, and loving older brother, here is what I texted him just about an hour ago, "I TOLD YOU, YOU DUMB [BLEEP]!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH"

I'm sure he'll get back in touch with me at sometime after New Years.

(This post was last modified: 12-26-2022, 03:52 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 2 times in total.)

Yea imagine Hackett or Leftwich as our HC right now. The O would be worse than under Meyer.

He just couldnt Hackett.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(12-26-2022, 01:57 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Nate Hackett fired by the Broncos. Who didn’t see that coming?

My little brother!!!!  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

I told him back in the summer, but he said I didn't know what I was talking about!!!

LOL!!  But don't worry, I'm not gonna rub it in his face...

Big Grin 

He lasted longer than Urban.

I can laugh about that now Big Grin

(12-26-2022, 01:57 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/NFL/status/160743281...i0AsL-1HAw

If any jag fans didn't expect him to suck, they didnt watch our offense when he was here.

Hackett's offense with the Jags in 2017 ranked 5th in points forced.

If he had called plays with a more cutthroat mentality and kept his foot on the gas, that 2017 offense would have been in the Super Bowl despite Blake Bortles.

Should have been in it anyway if not for a bum call.

Like so many failed HCs before him, Hackett is a pretty good coordinator or position coach, but in way over his head at HC.

(12-26-2022, 01:20 AM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: Just thinking of the disaster we averted by not hiring Nathaniel Hackett.
He had his moments as our OC (2017 Playoffs vs Pittsburgh and 1st half of New England, but apparently he wasn't ready to handle HC duties.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

This Monday night game looking as bad on tv as it does on gamecast?

Good grief, how did Foles ever win a Super Bowl? He’s horrible.

(12-26-2022, 10:07 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Good grief, how did Foles ever win a Super Bowl?  He’s horrible.

He doesn't really need the work after cashing in here, like so many players before.

At this rate I think the Texan will take out the Colts in the final week.

(12-26-2022, 10:10 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(12-26-2022, 10:07 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Good grief, how did Foles ever win a Super Bowl?  He’s horrible.

He doesn't really need the work after cashing in here, like so many players before.

Meh.  I don’t think he falls into that category.  He’s genuinely a good guy.  He just sucks.

Hope Sean Payton doesn’t join the AFC South with most likely 2 openings.

(This post was last modified: 12-26-2022, 11:47 PM by RicoTx. Edited 2 times in total.)

Foles is even worse than I thought.  10/20.  72 yards.  3 int.  19.2 rating to this point.

And a side note, Ryan has now been benched for Ehlinger and Foles.  LOL

Colts have problems for a long time.

We need an explanation from Ronster.

Just so I’m not being totally negative, I do like the Colts blue on blue unis.