Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***2024 NFL Draft Rounds 2-3***

What we need to do is draft all skill players. Then on Sundays we can watch them get their butts handed to them and beat up/injured by the teams that drafted well in the trenches.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-27-2024, 10:51 AM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(04-27-2024, 09:15 AM)NoShoes Wrote: Your logic is flawed. They were never really on position to take a day 1 starter. So like it or not, starters were set.

That leaves depth. Not sure I’m looking for depth my first 3 picks but that’s just me. 4th round is high value for those guys.

I see where you’re coming from. But there were starter quality OL in rounds 1 and 2. As much as I absolutely LOVE BTJ, OL was by far the more important need. Same in round 2. Not matter how good Mason turns out to be, OL > DL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They just need to make sure Fortner is no longer the backup to Morse today.  Failing that, they need to make sure Fortner is roiding up with an untraceable roid.

(04-27-2024, 12:14 AM)I am Yoda Wrote: They need to come away with 2 IOL at 114 and 116. Otherwise, 2024 is going to look like 2023. And that may still not be enough. Should have invested 48 in the Oline. If we cannot keep TL clean, nothing else we’ve done will matter. And I LOVE first round pick. This OLine has sucked donkey balls for years and they keep trying to fix it on the cheap, if at all.

Teams typically only keep two backup inside offensive linemen.  If we draft one and have Tugboat for the other, that's two even assuming we cut Fortner.  Even our backup tackles, Little and Hance, have guard experience for emergency depth.  I don't see us taking more than 1 pure IOL early on Day 3.  If we were to do something, you maybe take 1 IOL and then take 1 OT who can potentially also play guard.  That scenario could make sense.

(04-27-2024, 12:18 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote:
(04-27-2024, 12:14 AM)I am Yoda Wrote: They need to come away with 2 IOL at 114 and 116. Otherwise, 2024 is going to look like 2023. And that may still not be enough. Should have invested 48 in the Oline. If we cannot keep TL clean, nothing else we’ve done will matter. And I LOVE first round pick. This OLine has sucked donkey balls for years and they keep trying to fix it on the cheap, if at all.

Teams typically only keep two backup inside offensive linemen.  If we draft one and have Tugboat for the other, that's two even assuming we cut Fortner.  Even our backup tackles, Little and Hance, have guard experience for emergency depth.  I don't see us taking more than 1 pure IOL early on Day 3.  If we were to do something, you maybe take 1 IOL and then take 1 OT who can potentially also play guard.  That scenario could make sense.

McCormick and Bortolini would take Fortner and Shatleys spots

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2024, 12:29 PM by TheDuke007.)

(04-27-2024, 07:04 AM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(04-27-2024, 06:44 AM)Caldrac Wrote: They make perfect sense. Maason Smith is a disruptive presence that could be on the up and up.

Jones is considered the best nickel CB in this draft class in some areas. Drafttek has him #1 in that area and he was rated 98th overall on their big board.

The value there at 96 is perfect. Just hoping he goes OL here now with 114 and 116 and doesn't botch it with off ball LB's or a RB we don't need....

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

IF. IF, we can get a couple of OL that make a difference, I’d be ok with finding a short yardage back. After ETN we don’t have a rb who can get us 1 or 2 yards when we need it.

I hope we don't take a running back in the fourth round, but I would be fine with one in the 5th-7th round.  If you look at our 53 man roster, I don't see a lot of positions where late round draft picks would have a good chance of making the team.  However, running back is one of them.  Teams typically keep 4 running backs.  Because of injuries and needs at other positions, the Jaguars let their 4th running back (Hasty) go mid-season and haven't replaced him.  They basically were using Snoop on their practice squad as their fourth running back, but even he's gone too.  A depth pick at running back today does actually make quite a bit of sense.  I am also one who would like to see a pure power back on this team for those short yardage situations.

(04-27-2024, 12:23 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-27-2024, 12:18 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: Teams typically only keep two backup inside offensive linemen.  If we draft one and have Tugboat for the other, that's two even assuming we cut Fortner.  Even our backup tackles, Little and Hance, have guard experience for emergency depth.  I don't see us taking more than 1 pure IOL early on Day 3.  If we were to do something, you maybe take 1 IOL and then take 1 OT who can potentially also play guard.  That scenario could make sense.

McCormick and Bortolini would take Fortner and Shatleys spots

Are you cutting Tugboat?

Let's see a run on LBs leading up to our picks please.

(04-27-2024, 12:28 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote:
(04-27-2024, 07:04 AM)I am Yoda Wrote: IF. IF, we can get a couple of OL that make a difference, I’d be ok with finding a short yardage back. After ETN we don’t have a rb who can get us 1 or 2 yards when we need it.

I hope we don't take a running back in the fourth round, but I would be fine with one in the 5th-7th round.  If you look at our 53 man roster, I don't see a lot of positions where late round draft picks would have a good chance of making the team.  However, running back is one of them.  Teams typically keep 4 running backs.  Because of injuries and needs at other positions, the Jaguars let their 4th running back (Hasty) go mid-season and haven't replaced him.  They basically were using Snoop on their practice squad as their fourth running back, but even he's gone too.  A depth pick at running back today does actually make quite a bit of sense.  I am also one who would like to see a pure power back on this team for those short yardage situations.

(04-27-2024, 12:23 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: McCormick and Bortolini would take Fortner and Shatleys spots

Are you cutting Tugboat?
Would cut Van Lannen or Brewer

(04-27-2024, 12:31 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-27-2024, 12:28 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: I hope we don't take a running back in the fourth round, but I would be fine with one in the 5th-7th round.  If you look at our 53 man roster, I don't see a lot of positions where late round draft picks would have a good chance of making the team.  However, running back is one of them.  Teams typically keep 4 running backs.  Because of injuries and needs at other positions, the Jaguars let their 4th running back (Hasty) go mid-season and haven't replaced him.  They basically were using Snoop on their practice squad as their fourth running back, but even he's gone too.  A depth pick at running back today does actually make quite a bit of sense.  I am also one who would like to see a pure power back on this team for those short yardage situations.

Are you cutting Tugboat?
Would cut Van Lannen or Brewer

That wasn't the question.  Are you cutting Tugboat?  If not and you draft two IOL, you now have three IOL on the 53 man roster.  You theoretically could do it, but that's a lot.

We got some o line

And more LSU

(04-27-2024, 12:41 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote:
(04-27-2024, 12:31 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Would cut Van Lannen or Brewer

That wasn't the question.  Are you cutting Tugboat?  If not and you draft two IOL, you now have three IOL on the 53 man roster.  You theoretically could do it, but that's a lot.

We need that depth with the injury history of our interior oline.  Van Lannen  and Brewer are on the roster still

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2024, 01:28 PM by Jagulars. Edited 1 time in total.)

Edit: Wrong thread.

Isn't that the chick that faked her own kidnapping?
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(04-27-2024, 01:21 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-27-2024, 12:41 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: That wasn't the question.  Are you cutting Tugboat?  If not and you draft two IOL, you now have three IOL on the 53 man roster.  You theoretically could do it, but that's a lot.

We need that depth with the injury history of our interior oline.  Van Lannen  and Brewer are on the roster still

Van Lanen and Brewer are not projected to make our 53 man roster.  As such, cutting them doesn't open up a position for someone else.

Just to be clear, if no injuries, you are advocating keeping 3 interior offensive linemen on the 53 man roster (2 rookies and Tugboat)?  If not, which one are you cutting?

(04-27-2024, 01:49 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote:
(04-27-2024, 01:21 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: We need that depth with the injury history of our interior oline.  Van Lannen  and Brewer are on the roster still

Van Lanen and Brewer are not projected to make our 53 man roster.  As such, cutting them doesn't open up a position for someone else.

Just to be clear, if no injuries, you are advocating keeping 3 interior offensive linemen on the 53 man roster (2 rookies and Tugboat)?  If not, which one are you cutting?

Yes im advocating keeping 3 interior olineman on the roster if we have good enough players.  One back up for each interior positoin.  Only if they are good enough though, If we dont get the guys im not. 

If we could get McCormick and Van Pran I would be good with keeping 3 interior backups.  Can I see the projected 53 roster you speak of?