Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***2024 NFL Draft Rounds 2-3***

(04-27-2024, 06:44 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(04-27-2024, 03:51 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I like our picks so far.

There's no telling how they'll do when they get here, but positionally they do make sense.
They make perfect sense. Maason Smith is a disruptive presence that could be on the up and up.

Jones is considered the best nickel CB in this draft class in some areas. Drafttek has him #1 in that area and he was rated 98th overall on their big board.

The value there at 96 is perfect. Just hoping he goes OL here now with 114 and 116 and doesn't botch it with off ball LB's or a RB we don't need....

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

IF. IF, we can get a couple of OL that make a difference, I’d be ok with finding a short yardage back. After ETN we don’t have a rb who can get us 1 or 2 yards when we need it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Those whimpering for offensive line help hasn’t paid attention. They like their starters.

They need depth, and a potential RT of the future. Those are all still in play. Amp Wiggins been saying for weeks his sources were saying watch day 3 for offensive line help. It’s coming today.

Wouldn’t be surprised if we go OL both picks or if Hart is there, him and a O-line guy

Yep 114 and 116... 14 and 16 picks deep today and we'll know.

Mahogany, Bortolini, McCormick, Javon Foster, Christian Jones, Laumea. Would love two of those early.

But also I real intrigued by Javon Baker at WR, Cam Hart and Decamerion Richardson at CB, and Austin Booker at DE. Let's get em.

(04-27-2024, 07:04 AM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(04-27-2024, 06:44 AM)Caldrac Wrote: They make perfect sense. Maason Smith is a disruptive presence that could be on the up and up.

Jones is considered the best nickel CB in this draft class in some areas. Drafttek has him #1 in that area and he was rated 98th overall on their big board.

The value there at 96 is perfect. Just hoping he goes OL here now with 114 and 116 and doesn't botch it with off ball LB's or a RB we don't need....

IF. IF, we can get a couple of OL that make a difference, I’d be ok with finding a short yardage back. After ETN we don’t have a rb who can get us 1 or 2 yards when we need it.

No need to waste any picks on a rb

Stick with what qe have

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2024, 08:42 AM by Caldrac.)

(04-27-2024, 07:53 AM)NoShoes Wrote: Those whimpering for offensive line help hasn’t paid attention. They like their starters.

They need depth, and a potential RT of the future. Those are all still in play. Amp Wiggins been saying for weeks his sources were saying watch day 3 for offensive line help. It’s coming today.

Wouldn’t be surprised if we go OL both picks or if Hart is there, him and a O-line guy
Already aware. Virtually all of my mocks had RD4 as the hot spot for them to go OL.

Only a few exceptions in RD1 when Fuaga fell a bit. Writing was on the wall when they signed Cleveland, signed Morse and reworked Scherff.

We STILL need quality depth. Last year was a [BLEEP] show with their best 5 not available until the season finale.

(04-27-2024, 08:38 AM)StrayaJag Wrote:
(04-27-2024, 07:04 AM)I am Yoda Wrote: IF. IF, we can get a couple of OL that make a difference, I’d be ok with finding a short yardage back. After ETN we don’t have a rb who can get us 1 or 2 yards when we need it.

No need to waste any picks on a rb

Stick with what qe have
Agreed. They take another RB today they [BLEEP] suck.

You got Etienne for 2 years.
Bigsby last year.
Johnson on the roster.

You don't need to be four deep at RB. You need to be four to five deep on the OL and DL though.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

RB would be weird in the 4th, but let it be Braelon Allen for size or Ray Davis for all around ability if it must happen. In the 5th or later? Pick RB or whatever positions you want.

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2024, 08:46 AM by I am Yoda.)

(04-27-2024, 07:53 AM)NoShoes Wrote: Those whimpering for offensive line help hasn’t paid attention. They like their starters.

We have paid attention. We know they like their starters. But we don’t. And the proof is in the pudding. They suck donkey balls.

Cam, when he can stay on the field, is good.
Anton is very good.
Cleveland is meh at best.
Fortner doesn’t belong in the NFL. He’s been replaced.
Scherf is meh. When was the last time he was healthy? And now he’s old.

We need young strong starters at both guards. And by next year at the latest we need a center to come behind Morse.

Fix the O-Line!

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2024, 08:55 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(04-27-2024, 06:44 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(04-27-2024, 03:51 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I like our picks so far. 

There's no telling how they'll do when they get here, but positionally they do make sense.
They make perfect sense. Maason Smith is a disruptive presence that could be on the up and up.

Jaylen Wright is still there.  Agreed but if there are still having questions about Tank, Wright would be a steal in the 4th

Would love to add McCormick and Bortolini. McCormick could take over for Scherff and Bortolini could take over for Morse.

Would love to get Kamara today as well

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2024, 09:37 AM by MikePete54. Edited 1 time in total.)

We need IOL really bad.

Morse and Schreff are 32 years old.
Injuries have been a problem recently.
We need depth for sure.

(04-27-2024, 09:11 AM)MikePete54 Wrote: We need IOL really bad.

Morse and Schreff are 32 years old.
Injuries has been a problem recently.
We need depth for sure.

2 of the most perfect replacements for both are still available

Yeah, we need OL..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(04-27-2024, 08:44 AM)I am Yoda Wrote:

We have paid attention. We know they like their starters. But we don’t. And the proof is in the pudding. They suck donkey balls.

Anton is very good.

We need young strong starters at both guards. And by next year at the latest we need a center to come behind Morse.

Your logic is flawed. They were never really on position to take a day 1 starter. So like it or not, starters were set.

That leaves depth. Not sure I’m looking for depth my first 3 picks but that’s just me. 4th round is high value for those guys.

We have drafted a WR, IDL and CB. I would like to see us draft a back up tackle and guard. We have 6 picks so naturally I am hoping to hear two OL names called in the 4th round. After that it would be prudent to take a swing at IDL and OL to hedge our bets on the earlier picks in the 5th. After that just pick and hope to get lucky.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

I know noblody wants a RB but if McCormick, Bortolini, Kamara ect get drafted before our pick Jaylan Wright would be a steal and we now got his college coach so im sure he will be banging the table for him.

https://twitter.com/MathBomb/status/1764...63?lang=en

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2024, 09:30 AM by Newton.)

I’m down with a rb, since tank had a rough start

(04-27-2024, 09:22 AM)Jag149 Wrote: We have drafted a WR, IDL and CB.  I would like to see us draft a back up tackle and guard.  We have 6 picks so naturally I am hoping to hear two OL names called in the 4th round. After that it would be prudent to take a swing at IDL and OL to hedge our bets on the earlier picks in the 5th. After that just pick and hope to get lucky.

Overall this is the logical idea if the board falls that way

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2024, 10:11 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

There are still some really good players and we have 2 4ths. A number of good WRs left

1. Mason McCormick
2. Tanor Bortolini
3. Mohamad Kamara
4. Malik Washington
5. Troy Franklin
6. Kyrhee Jackson
7. TJ Tampa
8 Tez Walker
9. Sedrick Van Pran
10. Javon Baker
11. Theo Johnson
12. Jaylan Wright
13. Cam Hart
14. Jarvis Brownlee
15. Javon Solomon
16. Dwight McGlovern
17. Leonard Taylor
18. Javon Foster
19. Cedrick Gray
20. Jeremiah Trotter Jr.

My top guys available, might be able to move them around a spot or 2

Mohamed Kamara had 13 sacks last year and would be a steal in the 4th. It would complete edge room and would be a great addition

Not whimpering, telling. They can like their starters all they want, that doesn't mean that they're right about them. We're a head slap away from running Turtle Fortner out there again a center and a season away from losing 4 of that group that they "like" anyway. Trevor should be screaming into his cell phone to fix this [BLEEP].
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

This for sure, Alt and McConkey is waaaaay better than Nabers and any tackle in the 2nd. Great draft by the Chargers so far

https://x.com/_John_Shipley/status/1784089200549093714

I don't really care if they like their starters. This was the worst unit in the league, and they liked their guys two years ago too.

We need starter replacements.

(04-27-2024, 09:15 AM)NoShoes Wrote:
(04-27-2024, 08:44 AM)I am Yoda Wrote: We have paid attention. We know they like their starters. But we don’t. And the proof is in the pudding. They suck donkey balls.

Anton is very good.

Your logic is flawed. They were never really on position to take a day 1 starter. So like it or not, starters were set.

That leaves depth. Not sure I’m looking for depth my first 3 picks but that’s just me. 4th round is high value for those guys.

I see where you’re coming from. But there were starter quality OL in rounds 1 and 2. As much as I absolutely LOVE BTJ, OL was by far the more important need. Same in round 2. Not matter how good Mason turns out to be, OL > DL.

Fix the O-Line!