Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Hawaii's Exchange to be Shuttered
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
More government incompetence in action.

http://news.investors.com/blogs-capital-...llapse.htm

$205 million in costs to enroll 12,000 people. Great job government!

That's so bad it's laughable after you get over the initial anger

To add to that this is just the start the entire ACA system was designed to fail, they so much as admitted the ACA is a stepping stone to single payer. That's when the real fun starts.
Liberals are so pathetic they took the perfectly fine working RomneyCare and broke it. Even when the Republicans give them what they want fully assembled and operational they can't help but destroy it with their incompetence.

It never could work on a national scale even if they carbon copies romneycare which I have a problem with all on its own it would never work. When the state mandates at the threat of force participation the market has lost all abilities to control cost. Its either privatized or state ran but this mixing together is garbage and no one but the insurance companies wins.
Quote:That's so bad it's laughable after you get over the initial anger

To add to that this is just the start the entire ACA system was designed to fail, they so much as admitted the ACA is a stepping stone to single payer. That's when the real fun starts.

The government run medical care proponents held up the VA system as a shining example of single payer.

Quote:The government run medical care proponents held up the VA system as a shining example of single payer.

Yup soon we will all be on a VA style medical system
Quote:Yup soon we will all be on a VA style medical system

Or Canadian. Or UK.
Quote:Or Canadian. Or UK.
Family came from the Canadian system it's the same problem. Beyond reasonable long wait times even for life saving procedures, politically can get murky in some areas hell the Canadian health system is one of the best examples of what we don't want here.
Quote:Family came from the Canadian system it's the same problem. Beyond reasonable long wait times even for life saving procedures, politically can get murky in some areas hell the Canadian health system is one of the best examples of what we don't want here.

I have several friends in Canada that tell me a completely different story.
Find me one news source saying the site is shutting down. And right wing blogs are not news sources.

Quote:I have several friends in Canada that tell me a completely different story.
Spent 7 months there for work. Everyone I spoke to about liked it.
Quote:Spent 7 months there for work. Everyone I spoke to about liked it.

The only complaint I heard was access to facilities in rural areas, similar to here.
Quote:The only complaint I heard was access to facilities in rural areas, similar to here.
Yeah that's what I head from the ones that commuted from northern Ontario
Quote:I have several friends in Canada that tell me a completely different story.

Maybe it's changed but I have uncles that died waiting on the red tap to get cleared. One uncle died of kidney failure after waiting over 8 months for a new kidney that was in the 90s
Quote:Maybe it's changed but I have uncles that died waiting on the red tap to get cleared. One uncle died of kidney failure after waiting over 8 months for a new kidney that was in the 90s
Maybe I am missing the point here, that's possible but there are waiting lists in the states and not nearly enough organs to go around for those who need them. 
Quote:Maybe I am missing the point here, that's possible but there are waiting lists in the states and not nearly enough organs to go around for those who need them.

He couldn't even get the appointment to get on the list for 8 months sorry wasn't very clear previously.

I'll admit all I know about Canada's system is what my family has experienced they came from the rural fishing communities in new foundland and wawa Ontario both parts have complete horror stories it was a big reason my dads family left Canada. Going way back the medical system was ran through the churches my grandfather belonged to the wrong church so the doctors refused to clear him unless he converted or accepted a metal plate in his stomach for a mining permit. He died with the plate in his stomach. That's not even factoring the high taxes associated with the system.
Quote:He couldn't even get the appointment to get on the list for 8 months sorry wasn't very clear previously.

I'll admit all I know about Canada's system is what my family has experienced they came from the rural fishing communities in new foundland and wawa Ontario both parts have complete horror stories it was a big reason my dads family left Canada. Going way back the medical system was ran through the churches my grandfather belonged to the wrong church so the doctors refused to clear him unless he converted or accepted a metal plate in his stomach for a mining permit. He died with the plate in his stomach. That's not even factoring the high taxes associated with the system.
What the actual......  Huh

i'm not even sure what to say about that but I am sure it's no the case anymore. 

Quote:Find me one news source saying the site is shutting down. And right wing blogs are not news sources.

Lib rag alert: http://www.cnbc.com/id/102676236
Quote:Lib rag alert: http://www.cnbc.com/id/102676236

And what does that say exactly? Certainly not the misleading title you gave this thread.
Quote:And what does that say exactly? Certainly not the misleading title you gave this thread.

The state exchange has failed, the feds will take it on if they want it to stay open. That's what it says at IBD, CNBC, Modern Healthcare and any one of a dozen other places. I'm not a Global Warming Scientist, I don't make [BAD WORD REMOVED] up.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11