Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Multiple teams wanted to trade up for Fowler
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Interesting, it looks like Fowler is the one player teams wanted to trade up for.  Once he was off the board, not so much.

“The thing about Leonard — very good football player,” McCloughan said. “I was hoping to be able to move back there and it didn’t happen. Everyone was talking about trading up, trading up to our spot but it was all for [third overall pick Dante] Fowler. Once Fowler went, then all the talks went off the board.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...o-pass-up/

We got the best player in the draft.
Quote:We got the best player in the draft.

That's obvious when you look at his tape, Dante Fowler reminds me of James Harrison, freak athlete with freakish size and a non stop motor.
I saw that. All of the pre-draft talk about Leonard Williams being the player teams will want to trade up for (after Marcus Mariota, obviously) held no water. What was it based on? Williams is very good at his job, but it is limited to the defensive line - not exactly the best thing for teams that run a 3-4 defense. So Dante Fowler was a better prospect the whole time because of his ability to play both OLB and DE very well.

Of course, I was one of the people who thought Tennessee would pick Williams or trade down with a team that wanted him, but only because of reports. I never watched him play at USC.

Quote:That's obvious when you look at his tape, Dante Fowler reminds me of James Harrison, freak athlete with freakish size and a non stop motor.

Not a freakish size - only 6-1 IIRC. But you are right about the nonstop motor. That guy is super-competitive.
But what about the Spider Chart?

Quote:Not a freakish size - only 6-1 IIRC. But you are right about the nonstop motor. That guy is super-competitive.

6-3.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/dante-fowler,%20jr.?id=2552437'>http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/dante-fowler,%20jr.?id=2552437</a>
I don't care about his height.. Dude can ball, all that matters to me..
Quote:6-3.

That's better. I got him mixed up with someone else.
Quote:We got the best player in the draft.

I think Cooper is the best with Williams injury but I'm almost leaning towards Fowler being the #2.
Quote:That's better. I got him mixed up with someone else.

Smooth.
Quote:That's obvious when you look at his tape, Dante Fowler reminds me of James Harrison, freak athlete with freakish size and a non stop motor.

Not a freak athlete. 40 percenter per KYjaggy.
I noticed they plan to issue him the number once held by Lawrence Taylor, 56.  Coincidence?  ....I think not.

I like this a lot.

To be fair, he is not a freak athlete.  He's got an elite motor and all the traits you look for, but he's not a freak athlete.  Vic Beasley, for instance, can be called a freak athlete.

I like the Fowler pick more and more (what a shocker - that's what happens with every player we draft)

It'll be interesting to track and compare the careers of Vic Beasley with the Falcons and Mario Edwards with the Raiders to Dante Fowler. All 3 teams think they have their long-term LEO rusher.

Gus Bradley vs Dan Quinn vs Ken Norton Jr should be equally as fun to watch.
Quote:It'll be interesting to track and compare the careers of Vic Beasley with the Falcons and Mario Edwards with the Raiders to Dante Fowler. All 3 teams think they have their long-term LEO rusher.

Gus Bradley vs Dan Quinn vs Ken Norton Jr Jack Del Rio should be equally as fun to watch.

You're welcome.  Head coach vs head coach right?  
Quote:I noticed they plan to issue him the number once held by Lawrence Taylor, 56.  Coincidence?  ....I think not.

Fowler requested #56. How he took it away from LaRoy Reynolds is what I want to know.

And yes, Lawrence Taylor was his inspiration for choosing that number.
Quote:Fowler requested #56. How he took it away from LaRoy Reynolds is what I want to know.

And yes, Lawrence Taylor was his inspiration for choosing that number.
if gave him his gold shoes he wore on draft day for the number
Quote:I noticed they plan to issue him the number once held by Lawrence Taylor, 56. Coincidence? ....I think not.

I believe he wanted 56 bc he wanted to be a running back. He is honoring Greg Jones (6) and he was a huge reggie bush fan (5).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7