Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Terror in Texas?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I'll try not to make this a " religious" issue.

Two dead in Garland Texas after some people came up with the great idea of offering $100,000 in a cartoon contest, depicting the prophet Mohammed. What now? Je Suis Texas marches?

Sure, I get that you don't kill over what we determined free speech, but sometimes there are things that should take a second thought. We make fun of things we don't understand. then freak out when the offended respond.

Again, killing over this is extreme and not justified, however when one pokes sticks through a fence at a mad dog, and one day the dog breaks free and attacks we tend to blame the breed of dog.

IMO the deaths of two people are the responsibility of both party's, killers and instigators.

We are better than this. Or so I thought.

I guess the question I have for the contest organizers is simple. Why?
Quote:I'll try not to make this a " religious" issue.

Two dead in Garland Texas after some people came up with the great idea of offering $100,000 in a cartoon contest, depicting the prophet Mohammed. What now? Je Suis Texas marches?

Sure, I get that you don't kill over what we determined free speech, but sometimes there are things that should take a second thought. We make fun of things we don't understand. then freak out when the offended respond.

Again, killing over this is extreme and not justified, however when one pokes sticks through a fence at a mad dog, and one day the dog breaks free and attacks we tend to blame the breed of dog.

IMO the deaths of two people are the responsibility of both party's, killers and instigators.

We are better than this. Or so I thought.

I guess the question I have for the contest organizers is simple. Why?

Yeah, just look at how she was dressed, what with her makeup and short shirt. She was totally asking for it !
We have free speech in this country, if others don't like it, they are free to leave at any time (or be deported)

Quote:We have free speech in this country, if others don't like it, they are free to leave at any time (or be deported)

Freedom of religion as well, no?
Quote:Freedom of religion as well, no?

Who's hindering religion?
Quote:Who's hindering religion?

The Gay Mafia mostly.
Quote:Who's hindering religion?

Didn't say or imply that. Just responding to the picking and choosings of freedoms.

We have freedom of speech? Yet can't use the N word? Freedom of religion? Yet kill because of it? Define freedom.

We have freedoms,albeit with plenty of addendums.

My point is why insult someone of their color, beliefs, gender,etc? I dont get the point, and then use the " freedom" card.

If you walk up to a black dude and call him N, and he pops you in the mouth, who is wrong? Who is right? My point is why do it? Because you can? Well rock on then.

The hypocrisy is evident. If it fits ones own agenda,it's fine.

Sure, let's use our freedom to have a contest that we know has caused zealots to harm others. What's the point? To express our freedoms by using inflammatory tactics?

Two people are dead. Freedom rings.
It's the terrorist that are dead, sent them to their 72 virgins........

How come they can mock and kill Christians but we can't draw their precious prophet?

Quote:It's the terrorist that are dead, sent them to their 72 virgins........

How come they can mock and kill Christians but we can't draw their precious prophet?

Because we are supposed to be the civilized ones?

Next time innocents will be killed. They've proved they are over the top. And yes, we have the right to inflame the issue.

My question is why? Because we can is a shallow answer. I'll ask again.. Why can't we use the N word? If we have true freedoms of speech to say, draw, depict, make fun of ... Why are there any limitations?

I grew up on MAD magazine, National Lampoon, Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers... I get edgy humor.

Maybe I'm getting old. This isn't humor.

We will agree to disagree. But to prove your point..please send us some Mohammed cartoons you enjoy. Maybe I'll change my mind. Maybe even win that 100K
Quote:The Gay Mafia mostly.

The Gay Mafia!   What are they going to do, hit you with their purse???

Sorry, I couldn't resist.   Apologies to all my gay friends. 
In a nut shell, I guess my point is to ignore them here. Keep a vigilant eye open, and punish those who threaten us.

But baiting them like this is pointless. These two schmucks are now martyrs in their eyes. It's a victory for them.

Think this will hinder them? It'll encourage them.

I'll leave it at that.
Quote:The Gay Mafia!   What are they going to do, hit you with their purse???

Sorry, I couldn't resist.   Apologies to all my gay friends.

Easy now. Lindsay Graham may be our next POTUS . Most powerful person in the world.
Quote:Freedom of religion as well, no?
What was being obstructed as far as religion in Texas?
Quote:Didn't say or imply that. Just responding to the picking and choosings of freedoms.

We have freedom of speech? Yet can't use the N word? Freedom of religion? Yet kill because of it? Define freedom.

We have freedoms,albeit with plenty of addendums.

My point is why insult someone of their color, beliefs, gender,etc? I dont get the point, and then use the " freedom" card.

If you walk up to a black dude and call him N, and he pops you in the mouth, who is wrong? Who is right? My point is why do it? Because you can? Well rock on then.

The hypocrisy is evident. If it fits ones own agenda,it's fine.

Sure, let's use our freedom to have a contest that we know has caused zealots to harm others. What's the point? To express our freedoms by using inflammatory tactics?

Two people are dead. Freedom rings.

Sure you can use the N word in this country.  Who said you can't?  I still hear some people use the word.  It's not a nice word to use in polite society, but people still use it.  

If a group start blowing up gay weddings, are we supposed to say "Shouldn't have had a gay wedding if they didn't want to get blown up!  We know it offends them."

If a group in this country start beheading people because they're part of a different religious group, are we supposed to say "Shouldn't have been part of that group if they didn't want to get their heads cut off.  We know it offends them!"

Let's stop blaming victims, and start blaming the perpetrators.  If you're offended by something, protest.  Write an angry letter.  To commit violence because of it is NOT acceptable.  At least not in a civilized society.

This country is so full of pansies and butthurt people with thin skin, I'm surprised we're still a super power.. There's always a group of people crying about something.
And.. reading the story now... apparently only the terrorists are dead.  Shot by police.  So in this case the deaths of the two gunmen are their own fault for opening fire on a group of people.  Because one thing that does warrant being shot is opening fire on a group of people.  

Yea I'm not understanding the problem? The two gunman are dead, the police did a good job protecting the public.

Quote:Yea I'm not understanding the problem? The two gunman are dead, the police did a good job protecting the public.

This time. Again, my point being, this is nonsense.
Quote:Sure you can use the N word in this country.  Who said you can't?  I still hear some people use the word.  It's not a nice word to use in polite society, but people still use it.  

If a group start blowing up gay weddings, are we supposed to say "Shouldn't have had a gay wedding if they didn't want to get blown up!  We know it offends them."

If a group in this country start beheading people because they're part of a different religious group, are we supposed to say "Shouldn't have been part of that group if they didn't want to get their heads cut off.  We know it offends them!"

Let's stop blaming victims, and start blaming the perpetrators.  If you're offended by something, protest.  Write an angry letter.  To commit violence because of it is NOT acceptable.  At least not in a civilized society.

So blame the perpetrators , let's say some black kids, who you called N, then popped you upside the head?

But explain civilized? The terrorists are not civilized IMO. But I guess because we have a right to inflame a subject matter, we are more civilized?
In no way do I endorse murder of anyone expressing themselves, but the question remains...why have this contest? What purpose does it serve?

I've been thinking about how to express my thought on his without discussing religion, so feel free to report me if I step over the line...

There is a common epithet that is offensive to Christians. Most of us know this word and try to respect others and refrain from using it in their presence. Given that, would we scream it in their face just because we have a right to free speech?

I suppose the difference is most Christians would not kill you for doing it, but neither would most Muslims kill someone for drawing a picture of their prophet.

Quote:In no way do I endorse murder of anyone expressing themselves, but the question remains...why have this contest? What purpose does it serve?

It supposed to be a reminder in this country that we should still support the freedoms to have these contests (doesn't matter how stupid they are).. People do stupid things and they're allowed to do them. Maybe it's not stupid to that small sect of people, but it's their right to do it anyway.. Thats the only purpose I see in it.. I think its dumb as all hell, but I still support it because of our freedoms..
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7