Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: UNINTENDED CONSEQUENCES
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

UNINTENDED CONSEQUENCES: BLACK BAKERY OWNER LOSES LAWSUIT, FORCED TO BAKE RACIST KKK CAKE
Liberal groups are up in arms regarding the religous freedom bills in Indiana and other states that would allow business owners to refuse to provide services for events they deem contrary to their faith or belief systems. However, there are unintended consequences to forcing all business owners to provide services for those they disagree with. For instance, would a liberal want a Muslim or a Jewish caterer forced to cater for an “all bacon dinner” at the annual Ham festival in Houston?

http://www.washingtonweeklynews.com/unin...-kkk-cake/

Fake Article is fake.

Nobody's going to force a jewish caterer to serve Ham anymore than they're going to force McDonalds to serve Lobster.

Quote:Fake Article is fake.

Nobody's going to force a jewish caterer to serve Ham anymore than they're going to force McDonalds to serve Lobster.

Prove it's fake

I just googled it, it shows up on a lot of web sites

http://www.goldismoney2.com/showthread.p...t-KKK-Cake

http://tribuneherald.net/2013/08/23/kkk-...imination/

Washington weekly is the same publication that claimed a girl said Bill Clinton was her father -- which was disproved by snopes.  It's the same publication that has all kinds of right wing satire.  

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=marshall+saxby

You could surely find this news on Fox News, or somewhere in Georgia if it were true.  It's not. 

In fact, here's the same story posted back in 2013:

http://tribuneherald.net/2013/08/23/kkk-...imination/

Now here's the about page for tribuneherald.net

http://tribuneherald.net/about/

Quote: 

<p style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:13px;">Tribune Herald is a satirical publication meant for entertainment purposes.

<p style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:13px;">All articles are a blend of real world events and people into fictional stories.
OK, so maybe it is fake but........

It makes a valid point, if Christian bakers cake not deny same sex couples, neither can a black baker deny the KKK

Quote:OK, so maybe it is fake but........

It makes a valid point, if Christian bakers cake not deny same sex couples, neither can a black baker deny the KKK

Exactly. When you go into business, you are agreeing to serve the public. I'd defend the KKK in that bogus hypothetical...

Here's the problem with the bogus hypothetical... The KKK would never step foot into that bakery. Bigots are pretty predictable.
Quote:Exactly. When you go into business, you are agreeing to serve the public. I'd defend the KKK in that bogus hypothetical...

Here's the problem with the bogus hypothetical... The KKK would never step foot into that bakery. Bigots are pretty predictable.

Here's one I saw: Klan wants to hire a black jazz band to play at their "Negro Minstrel Show", would you still defend them then?
How many fake articles has the OP posted on this forum the last few weeks? Are you that gullible that you will fall for anything that fits your point of view?

While it is a fake article, it does bring up some interesting talking points.

Would a Muslim owned/Muslim staffed eatery be required (by law) to prepare a ham meal or something that requires bacon as an ingredient?

Would a black owned/black staffed bakery be required (by law) to bake and decorate a cake for a KKK themed event?

Say both cases are "required" (by law) what would be the consequence if something was not right?

A law requiring a restaurant to serve specific ingredients? Lol, no.
I know back home in Idaho, nearly every retail establishment has a sign posted that says "we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone"...How can the government FORCE you to make a sale? I really don't think the government can force anyone or any business to serve anyone...What would someone do if you told them I'm sorry but I am refusing to serve you because I don't want to? Call the cops? Ok call the cops, the cops don't have the authority to FORCE you serve them...They could hire a lawyer and take you to court, but I believe that businesess have to right to refuse service, and I also believe that the government doesn't have the right to force anyone to serve anyone either...The exception to this of course would be if the reason you didn't want to serve them was because of race, religion, sex, etc

Quote:How many fake articles has the OP posted on this forum the last few weeks? Are you that gullible that you will fall for anything that fits your point of view?

He's the kind of person that believed Obama was literally coming for his guns and taking them to the Kenyan Muslims after putting his mother on a death panel. He has mastered the fearmongers headline though.
Quote:While it is a fake article, it does bring up some interesting talking points.

Would a Muslim owned/Muslim staffed eatery be required (by law) to prepare a ham meal or something that requires bacon as an ingredient?

Would a black owned/black staffed bakery be required (by law) to bake and decorate a cake for a KKK themed event?

Say both cases are "required" (by law) what would be the consequence if something was not right?

Thats a false equivalency I keep seeing. You can not deny service of something you would sell to someone else. You can't be forced to sell certain things.
Quote:Thats a false equivalency I keep seeing. You can not deny service of something you would sell to someone else. You can't be forced to sell certain things.

So the baker that doesn't normally sell wedding cakes with two male figures or two female figures shouldn't have to forced to make a cake they wouldn't sell to anyone else?

Just like a Black baker can't be forced to make a KKK sponsored cake, or even provide services for the KKK.

That said I didn't even have to read the article to know it was fake, gotta vet your sources better drifter it hurts you're credibility on legit issues otherwise.
Quote:So the baker that doesn't normally sell wedding cakes with two male figures or two female figures shouldn't have to forced to make a cake they wouldn't sell to anyone else?

Just like a Black baker can't be forced to make a KKK sponsored cake, or even provide services for the KKK.

That said I didn't even have to read the article to know it was fake, gotta vet your sources better drifter it hurts you're credibility on legit issues otherwise.

You can't force Publix to carry Dora the Explorer cakes. But if you provide the topper, they'll put it on a cake for you.
Quote:Thats a false equivalency I keep seeing. You can not deny service of something you would sell to someone else. You can't be forced to sell certain things.

You mean Burger King can't be forced to sell pizza and chinese food????
My favorite part is when gays- a group seeking equal rights, is compared to Nazis or the KKK- genocidal hate groups.

Because having to bake a cake for two people who love each other is the same as baking a cake for a murderous hate go up.

Equally as horrible and despicable groups, IMO.
While I am 100% for gay rights, and gay marriage, and think this Indiana law was a really dumb thing to do, the OP, in spite of the fake story, does raise an interesting question.   How's that for a mealy-mouthed wishy-washy comment?  

Obviously, you cannot force a Muslim bakery to sell you something with bacon on it, because they don't sell bacon.   That would be like asking Sonny's barbecue to sell you Chinese food.  

But the question of forcing a Jewish bakery to sell you a cake with a Swastika on it, is a legitimate question.  Or how about asking an African-American tailor shop to make some white robes for your KKK meeting.   If they post a sign saying "we tailor anything" do they have to literally fulfill that promise?  

Newspapers are private businesses that refuse to run certain advertisements all the time.  They seem to be protected from lawsuits over that practice. 

So far, I'm coming down right in the middle.  I'm not sure where to draw the line. 
Quote:My favorite part is when gays- a group seeking equal rights, is compared to Nazis or the KKK- genocidal hate groups.

Because having to bake a cake for two people who love each other is the same as baking a cake for a murderous hate go up.

Equally as horrible and despicable groups, IMO.

Because forcing a person to violate his or her conscience is an evil and despicable act.
Quote:Because forcing a person to violate his or her conscience is an evil and despicable act.

Yeah. Poor Hitler.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6