Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Super Bowl Food
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
What's everyone making for their Super Bowl watching enjoyment? I haven't figured out what I'm making yet so I need some inspiration!
I've got a few things going on...

I want to brine some ribs and then cook them up in the smoker. I don't typically do a lot of barbecue sauce with smoked ribs.

Since the smoker will be going, I'm gonna have to throw some wings in there as well. And that also means that I'm going to have to make some new sauces. I got a pretty good garlic Sriracha sauce, but I want to try to make a Ginger/Asian style sauce. Just not  teriyaki.

Will probably do baked jalapenos stuffed with a Gouda/cream cheese combination as well.

As for dessert, I'm going to try "mug" brownies. Just put brownie mix into a coffee mug, microwave for about a minute and serve! The formulae are as follows:
  • 4 tablespoons brownie mix / 2 tablespoons water - 1 minute
  • 6 tablespoons brownie mix / 3 tablespoons water - 1:15
  • 8 tablespoons brownie mix / 4 tablespoons water - 1:30
I got a dish last year that was good and pretty easy. Its a combo of hot wings with red potatoes. so good.

Quote:I've got a few things going on...

I want to brine some ribs and then cook them up in the smoker. I don't typically do a lot of barbecue sauce with smoked ribs.

Since the smoker will be going, I'm gonna have to throw some wings in there as well. And that also means that I'm going to have to make some new sauces. I got a pretty good garlic Sriracha sauce, but I want to try to make a Ginger/Asian style sauce. Just not teriyaki.

Will probably do baked jalapenos stuffed with a Gouda/cream cheese combination as well.

As for dessert, I'm going to try "mug" brownies. Just put brownie mix into a coffee mug, microwave for about a minute and serve!

I plan on whipping up a few batches of wings myself. Care to share some of your sauce recipes?
Not watching this year.  My wife despises the Patriots -- and I do too (it does not help that her sister is a fan).  But usually we have Chilli-mac. We'll usually also have nachos.  We never really have big Super Bowl parties.  Our guests tend to number around 5.  Though we've never really had the house for it until now.

I should make some again soon anyway.  Great for clearing out your sinuses.

Super Bowl?
Quote:I plan on whipping up a few batches of wings myself. Care to share some of your sauce recipes?

The garlic sriracha is genius in it's simplicity, but you better like 'em hot, if you know what I mean.

<p style="margin-left:40px;"> 
  • Once the wings are about ready for the sauce, saute / roast some garlic in butter in a sauce pan on low heat. For one, it makes the place smell great but I think it adds a little something to the sriracha.
  • Once the garlic has achieved the mythical "golden brown" status, double check your heat to be on low and add the sriracha. It's important to keep the heat low, because if you get to around 250° F the sugars in the sriracha may burn and spoil the taste. You really just want the sauce to get heated while you are mixing in the butter and garlic.
  • Put the wings in a mixing bowl and pour the sauce over the top. toss as desired. If you don't like it spicy, go easy with how much sauce you add. You can always add more later.
I also have a barbecue sauce one, but that's essentially just mustard based barbecue sauce. I like it though.

Quote:Super Bowl?

She typed it wrong 'cause she's dum.

It's Superb Owl.
Quote:What's everyone making for their Super Bowl watching enjoyment? I haven't figured out what I'm making yet so I need some inspiration!

Why not go with a theme? 

Seattle and NewEngland... hmmm... both have a lot of seafood

For example New England is known for Lobster...

You could do Lobster rolls, lobster bisque (cheaper), or as an app.

For Seattle (Salmon) like a dip if going with Lobster Roll as a main dish, or smoked Salmon.
A lot of times people have a SuperBowl tradition, like for most its Chili...
homemade jalapeno poppers!

Quote:I got a dish last year that was good and pretty easy. Its a combo of hot wings with red potatoes. so good.

Well come on! Give give give!
We're doing buffalo wings, bacon wrapped smokies, Thai chili meatballs, stuffed potato skins, deviled eggs and a cold table. That's kinda our traditional Super Bowl spread around here.
Quote:The garlic sriracha is genius in it's simplicity, but you better like 'em hot, if you know what I mean.
  • Once the wings are about ready for the sauce, saute / roast some garlic in butter in a sauce pan on low heat. For one, it makes the place smell great but I think it adds a little something to the sriracha.
  • Once the garlic has achieved the mythical "golden brown" status, double check your heat to be on low and add the sriracha. It's important to keep the heat low, because if you get to around 250° F the sugars in the sriracha may burn and spoil the taste. You really just want the sauce to get heated while you are mixing in the butter and garlic.
  • Put the wings in a mixing bowl and pour the sauce over the top. toss as desired. If you don't like it spicy, go easy with how much sauce you add. You can always add more later.

I also have a barbecue sauce one, but that's essentially just mustard based barbecue sauce. I like it though.

Thanks! Sounds good. I have an idea for a slight twist on your recipe so I'll do a batch of each and let you know how that comes out.
Quote:Well come on! Give give give!
Let me try and find it.

Edit: Found It, and oh yeah, it includes a little bacon.

Loaded Potato and Buffalo Chicken Casserole
http://www.food.com/recipe/loaded-potato...ole-493413

Quote:What's everyone making for their Super Bowl watching enjoyment? I haven't figured out what I'm making yet so I need some inspiration!

I don't make anything. For some reason pizza and football seem to go together, so I probably will eat that.
Quote:Not watching this year.  My wife despises the Patriots -- and I do too (it does not help that her sister is a fan).  But usually we have Chilli-mac. We'll usually also have nachos.  We never really have big Super Bowl parties.  Our guests tend to number around 5.  Though we've never really had the house for it until now.

I should make some again soon anyway.  Great for clearing out your sinuses.

Then you should watch it to root for the Seahawks. That is what I'm doing Sunday.
Quote:I got a dish last year that was good and pretty easy. Its a combo of hot wings with red potatoes. so good.

It's probably gone bad by now...you might want to make a new one! :woot:
Quote:Super Bowl?

As apposed to...?
Quote:Why not go with a theme? 

Seattle and NewEngland... hmmm... both have a lot of seafood

For example New England is known for Lobster...

You could do Lobster rolls, lobster bisque (cheaper), or as an app.

For Seattle (Salmon) like a dip if going with Lobster Roll as a main dish, or smoked Salmon.

New England clam chowder...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5