Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Should we keep Henne?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
The only reason we kept henne was he knew the system. Should we dump him and pick up another good veteran Back up or draft a new QB in the later rounds to learn the new system with BB5?

Not sure how much help henne was to BB5

the veterans backups available are laughable

Quote:the veterans backups available are laughable
but better then henne :thumbsup:

If greg roman comes maybe bring gabbert cause he knows the system LOL

Quote:The only reason we kept henne was he knew the system. Should we dump him and pick up another good veteran Back up or draft a new QB in the later rounds to learn the new system with BB5?

He needs to go,  Mark Sanchez could be a could back up IMO.  Brian Hoyer or even Colt McCoy.  They would all be upgrades over Henne
Henne that stuff is too harsh oh you meant the guy that holds the football for the kicker? 

I dont know why they resigned Chad, Gus said because he's tough & knows the system.

He's an okay backup i guess (they already paid him) so why cut him now?

Quote:The only reason we kept henne was he knew the system. Should we dump him and pick up another good veteran Back up or draft a new QB in the later rounds to learn the new system with BB5?

I agree, no need to keep Henne. He's officially on the same footing as anyone else would be.

Bring in someone the new OC feels comfortable with.
Bring in David Fales with Trestman.  Dump Henne.

I think we need to wash this franchise of any stink that reminds us of the past. They can start the process with Henne, then Alualu.

Dump Henne. Sign Keenum.
I would not.
Quote:I think we need to wash this franchise of any stink that reminds us of the past. They can start the process with Henne, then Alualu.

Caldwell specifically said he'd like to resign Alualu.  He wasn't specific when asked about Cecil.
We can release Henne, it would be no dead money and would save 3.5 mil. 

Quote:He needs to go,  Mark Sanchez could be a could back up IMO.  Brian Hoyer or even Colt McCoy.  They would all be upgrades over Henne
I disagree.  I am not saying teams are screaming to sign Chad Henne as their starting QB, but he's an okay game manager backup QB.  He didnt turn the ball over that much because he didnt take a lot of chances thus never getting a first down didnt help out the defense which caused blowouts.  True, but the offensive line still stunk as it does today, and he had no running game thanks to slowby.  He had all rookie injured wrs like blake had, and that is why he didnt look as good as Kirk Cousins, or Mark Sanchez, or other backups in the NFL.
Quote:I think we need to wash this franchise of any stink that reminds us of the past. They can start the process with Henne, then Alualu.

This. No point to keep them. They bring nothing to the table.
THE FUTURE

[Image: wCZhIhW.png]

Why Alualu?

I'm not sure what's up with the obsessive hate around here for the guy.  Yeah, he is no where near a 1st round talent, but he provides solid depth and has been a productive player.  Not really understanding why so many here want him out the door so badly?

Henne, sure, i don't really care one way or the other.  What's his cap hit?
Quote:This. No point to keep them. They bring nothing to the table.
You too?!?
Quote:You too?!?

Yeah me too.
Quote:Yeah me too.
Maybe wait for the draft, or is it dire he's gone cause he's such a detriment to the team?
At what point can we cut ties without having to pay him?  I see no reason to cut him unless we have his replacement already here.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10