Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Bradley & Lageman say O-Line played well vs. Houston on 1010xl
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Gus is on 1010xl right now --- 10am Tuesday

"Offensive Line did very well pass blocking"

confirmed by Jeff Lageman

... more to come

Interesting

Very confused as I seemed to see pressure several times. O line gave up 3 sacks and didn't see many running lanes opening up.

What is the truth in all this? Their definition of good is unacceptable to me.
The naked boot toward Watt's side was a braindead call by Fisch. He needs to wake up
They actually did confirm the naked bootleg was one of the 3 bad plays.

They played better.  I think everyone was thinking JJ Watt would tear us a new one and they'd get 8 sacks.  Not saying they played great or anything but considering we started a new RT against a league MVP candidate, I think we did better than some of our previous games.

this doesnt tell the whole story but its a nice little breakdown

<div>
<div>
<div>
<div> 
</div>
</div>
<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran'>Ryan O'Halloran ‏@<b>ryanohalloran</b> </a></div>
</div>
<p class="">Texans' J.J. Watt went 1-on-1 against Sam Young 17 times (four wins), but was 0-for-8 against Brandon Linder and 0-for-9 vs. Luke Joeckel.

What constitutes the 0-17 vs Linder & Joekel?

Based on the above, I'd have to say that we dominated JJ Watt.  Freaking dude is probably back home in Houston dreading they day he has to see the Jags in 3 weeks.

They played better and the pressure wasn't what it was preceived. There were alot of free release plays to use JJ Watts speed against him. For the most part it worked. He beat young bad once and got through the middle once. I also saw a a LB come through unblocked. The other times were coverage or "gimmes".

Played better than they did against the redskins
I'll give them a passable grade for pass protection, but we're lightyears away from running the ball like the Seahawks or Cowboys.
Good = Not as bad as we thought we were going to be.

Quote:The naked boot toward Watt's side was a braindead call by Fisch. He needs to wake up

Just because a play doesn't work doesn't mean it's a bad idea.  (I know, I know, if Fisch called it, it must be bad - right? I assume you're texting Bradley daily with your suggestions.)

Sometimes you go to a rusher's side, to play off his aggressiveness. Sometimes it actually works.

I'm sorry - I interrupted. Please continue your Fisch bashing.
Thanks guys
Bortles was also doing a great job buying time either stepping up, scrambling, or breaking tackles. There were a few flagrant drops though
Quote:The naked boot toward Watt's side was a braindead call by Fisch. He needs to wake up
FIRE FISCH!

no team we play falls for that crap
Quote:Thanks guys

Not the kind of responses you were expecting in your OP huh?
Quote:What constitutes the 0-17 vs Linder & Joekel?

Based on the above, I'd have to say that we dominated JJ Watt.  Freaking dude is probably back home in Houston dreading they day he has to see the Jags in 3 weeks.

Were you at the game? Did you see it? Watt didn't look particularly dominant. He had a good game - that was expected. He's the best defensive player in the NFL. He wasn't the reason above all else as to why the Jaguars lost.

I think the Jaguars loss was more due to the Jaguars than the Texans - although Fitz was pretty good. He doesn't always get the credit he deserves. He did just enough to get them through - without making major mistakes.
Quote:FIRE FISCH!

no team we play falls for that crap

Thanks, coach. But don't worry, Haterade has it covered. I'm sure he'll name you assistant coach.
The bar is so low with this team that "played well" or "good" is definitely not the same as it would be for many other teams.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5