Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Blake Bortles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
What I say today was that Blake can make the throws but we need to fix up the OL a little bit. Watching that play when Hurns got hit by Rolle, I saw him step up buy extra time, OL did good blocking there to give Bortles enough time to sling that ball to Hurns. Unfortunately he didn't hold on but he good thing he wasn't hurt too bad that play. I'm watching the GB/NE game and all I can see is how much time Aaron Rodgers has in the pocket is unbelievable. Think about Blake Bortles with that type of time in the pocket. Would he be a much better QB or is it his mechanics are bad or is it really Fisch? Fisch has bad play calling but ultimately I blame the OL for not give BB5 enough time to throw getting hit and sacked within 2 seconds that ball is hiked. 

Yeah you can't do a lot when getting hit non stop. But he made a crucial drive and a good throw to Lee for the TD. The guy has so much talent and some of our idiot fans are trying to run him out of town.

Quote:Yeah you can't do a lot when getting hit non stop. But he made a crucial drive and a good throw to Lee for the TD. The guy has so much talent and some of our idiot fans are trying to run him out of town.
Joeckel got schooled. We're not drafting a QB with our top 5 pick, but I wouldn't rule out an OT
Quote:Yeah you can't do a lot when getting hit non stop. But he made a crucial drive and a good throw to Lee for the TD. The guy has so much talent and some of our idiot fans are trying to run him out of town.

I agree how the fans target BB5 like its his fault. Any QB can succeed with a above average OL protecting him. Put BB5 in Aaron Rodgers spot and he would put up the same numbers. BB5 is the future, lets hope we can bring in veteran OL this offseason because we really need it. LB corp seems to slowly come together, JT thomas and Smith are playing great. Add a FS to take heat off Cyprien and Defense will be fixed up a bit. But OL is needed for Bortles to succeed. 
Quote:Joeckel got schooled. We're not drafting a QB with our top 5 pick, but I wouldn't rule out an OT

What do u think about getting a veteran like Iupati to replace Beadles? That would help out a lot and maybe finding a RT solution. Joeckel didn't play great today but I can see the potential he has to  become better, we just need to hope he finds that skill set within him to succeed. 
Quote:I agree how the fans target BB5 like its his fault. Any QB can succeed with a above average OL protecting him. Put BB5 in Aaron Rodgers spot and he would put up the same numbers. BB5 is the future, lets hope we can bring in veteran OL this offseason because we really need it. LB corp seems to slowly come together, JT thomas and Smith are playing great. Add a FS to take heat off Cyprien and Defense will be fixed up a bit. But OL is needed for Bortles to succeed. 

Thats over the top. He's the best QB in football and a seasoned veteran. 
Good to see the kid making throws on the run. I'm not sure he has figured out the game inside the pocket yet but he is an athletic guy who can make plays in the meantime.

Bortles has been victimized by the O-line plenty, but he's also made tons of stupid errors.  Comparing him to any top tier pro QB is silly at this point unless you are projecting his ceiling in 4 or 5 years.

Quote:Thats over the top. He's the best QB in football and a seasoned veteran. 

I was a little excited, your right but don't you see the potential of BB5 with a better OL. I can just close my eyes and see BB5 with a better OL stand in the pocket for 5 seconds and find someone open. IDK  but the future is bright for BB5
Quote:Bortles has been victimized by the O-line plenty, but he's also made tons of stupid errors.  Comparing him to any top tier pro QB is silly at this point unless you are projecting his ceiling in 4 or 5 years.

Im not saying he will be like AR12 Im saying he has the potential to be a great QB with a OL like AR12 has. He is a gunslinger. he needs to work on getting better cleats, reading the defense pre snap, and not getting his passes batted down at the LOS.
Interesting fact.

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran'>[Image: 05c384a89ebb1b1a849ff289404e3d64_bigger.jpeg]Ryan O'Halloran ‏@ryanohalloran </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran/status/539179763987132416' title="5:10 PM - 30 Nov 2014">27m27 minutes ago</a>
<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);">RT <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/NFLhistory'>@NFLhistory</a>: <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/hashtag/Jaguars?src=hash'>#Jaguars</a>' Blake Bortles is 3rd starting rookie QB to lead team to 21+ pt comeback victory since at least 1970.

Quote:I was a little excited, your right but don't you see the potential of BB5 with a better OL. I can just close my eyes and see BB5 with a better OL stand in the pocket for 5 seconds and find someone open. IDK  but the future is bright for BB5
Rodgers OLine is not good.

With a better oline Blake should be better but saying he can put up Rodgers numbers is insane. Dudes only thrown like 3 picks all year.
Quote:Rodgers OLine is not good.

With a better oline Blake should be better but saying he can put up Rodgers numbers is insane. Dudes only thrown like 3 picks all year.

Everything on that line is good except maybe the RT in Bulga. 
Where have all the Derek Carr is the best rookie QB people gone...?

It has been said before by many people who are more football 'savy' than I, but I guess it bears saying again; a good offensive line will make even a mediocre QB look good, and make a good QB look like he's elite. A bad offensive line on the other hand will make even an elite QB have a long day, and cause a good QB to look like he sucks! Quarterbacks get the attention, but games are won... or lost, by the linesmen. We need to get the best linesmen we can... they are more valuable to us now than another quarterback. If we had a good line at the time, even Gabbert might have been serviceable... probably not, but maybe.

Quote:Where have all the Derek Carr is the best rookie QB people gone...?
He had a horrible game.
We have lots of cap room. I expect to get 2 offensive linemen and then draft one in the 2nd round possibly. Joeckel is still relatively new but even if he improves he's average at best. His draft status warrants a Pro Bowl caliber player.

Iupati and Joe Barksdale is who i would love to acquire via Free Agency. 

did anyone notice Bortles on bench dureing Giants last drive that lead to a fg. Bortles was spining a football in his hand.  It was like he wanted back out there for a chance to lead his team to a victory. He was icthing to go out,and play it looked like.

Pages: 1 2 3 4