Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: If you could take any Jag player off an old team...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
And put it on this team who would it be?

Jimmy Smith 2001 - No question

Tony Boselli, he was just dominant from 96 to 99.

Fred, he was just great.

But man would it be awesome to see what TBrack could do as a LEO in this defense.

OF course, Leon Searcy next to Linder would make this a very good running team.

Brackens

We lead the league in Sacks and you guys want to bring in a pass rusher?..

Tony Boselli is the obvious choice followed by Fred Taylor.

Jimmy Smith, followed by Mike Peterson.

Quote:We lead the league in Sacks and you guys want to bring in a pass rusher?..

Tony Boselli is the obvious choice followed by Fred Taylor.
no we dont lead the league in sacks

we dont have a threatening pass rusher who is a game changer on this team

next to the QB, this is the most important position
Hurricane Henderstroud

Brackens or Fred 

I want multiple people, but I will have to go with Big John Henderson. Him with Marks would be like him with Stroud.

As a non player bring in Natrone Means and teach Gerhart how to run with power. Both looked like full backs. Might make a decent RB coach.
I miss Natrone Smile

Justin Forsett
Quote:no we dont lead the league in sacks

we dont have a threatening pass rusher who is a game changer on this team

next to the QB, this is the most important position

Sorry, second in the league with 25 sacks in 8 games, and i'd argue Ryan Davis has super star potential. SenDerrick Marks is possibly the most dominant DT in the league this year and Red Bryant is a monster. 
Quote:I want multiple people, but I will have to go with Big John Henderson. Him with Marks would be like him with Stroud.

As a non player bring in Natrone Means and teach Gerhart how to run with power. Both looked like full backs. Might make a decent RB coach.

In 2007, Means was the offensive coordinator at the historical powerhouse West Charlotte High School in Charlotte, North Carolina. As of Training Camp for the 2008 season, Natrone is once again participating in the NFL Minority Coaching Fellowship Program working with the Running Backs, especiallyJonathan Stewart of the Carolina Panthers.
Give me Fred Taylor. Boselli would be nice too
Tony Boselli, one of my favorite Jaguars. So far Luke Joeckel has been a disappointment.

Quote:Sorry, second in the league with 25 sacks in 8 games, and i'd argue Ryan Davis has super star potential. SenDerrick Marks is possibly the most dominant DT in the league this year and Red Bryant is a monster. 
Red is not a pass rusher

Davis, I disagree that he has superstar potential. he is a motor guy

Marks is dominating right now, but it's not fair to expect that he will be your premiere pass rusher.

Brackens is the game changing defensive pass rusher that would make this defense elite, imo.
Brunell
Tough question.

In their prime, any of Boselli, Taylor, Darius, Brackens, or Smith would help this team greatly.

In our current situation, I'd choose Darius because having a thumper like him at SS would at least make the rest of the season entertaining.
Quote:Red is not a pass rusher

Davis, I disagree that he has superstar potential. he is a motor guy

Marks is dominating right now, but it's not fair to expect that he will be your premiere pass rusher.

Brackens is the game changing defensive pass rusher that would make this defense elite, IMO.

I personally believe when all four linemen together are as successful as one dominant tackle or end somebody like J.J. Watt is just a bonus to an already great defensive line. Why should it matter how many players you need to get 25 sacks in eight games as long as you get them?
Quote:I personally believe when all four linemen together are as successful as one dominant tackle or end somebody like J.J. Watt is just a bonus to an already great defensive line. Why should it matter how many players you need to get 25 sacks in eight games as long as you get them?
a feared pass rusher single handedly changes schemes.

its not a hard concept to understand.
Pages: 1 2 3 4