Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jaguars to LA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Sometime today take a moment to fully understand the devastation the City of Jacksonville would have experienced if it were the Jags moving to Los Angeles today instead of the San Diego Chargers.

Seriously, most people are excited right now looking forward to the 10:00 9:55 am press conference but things could have been totally different.

Right now, our 3-13 season doesn't seem so bad.

Thank you Mr. Khan !!!

HERE HERE!!!! Suck it San Diego Beat writer!!!!

San Diego is a bad sports town, but I dont know how two L.A teams is going to work. They have problems getting excitement for 1 team. 

Yes, thanks to Mr. Khan and his dedication to our city and thanks to Wayne and Deloris for finding the right man. I sure would like to see the folks of Jacksonville return the favor by selling out the place. Hopefully it will be like that once again if they can win some damn games.

I said to a few guys at work that about 5 years ago we were supposedly the lead candidate per the mainstream media to move to LA, and here we are....2 teams in LA and another headed to Vegas and we're still sitting in Jacksonville.

It says a lot about the fans continuing to go to games and watching football that hasn't been exactly up to par.  When this team becomes good again (and who knows when that will be)  this city will be electric and a lot of fun.

Quote:Sometime today take a moment to fully understand the devastation to the City of Jacksonville if it were the Jags moving to Los Angeles today instead of the San Diego Chargers.

Seriously, most people are excited right now looking forward to the 10:00 9:55 am press conference but things could have been totally different.

Thank you Mr. Khan !!!

Hear, hear!!
I'll be renewing my 4 season tix just like I have been for the last 8 years.
Quote:I said to a few guys at work that about 5 years ago we were supposedly the lead candidate per the mainstream media to move to LA, and here we are....2 teams in LA and another headed to Vegas and we're still sitting in Jacksonville.

It says a lot about the fans continuing to go to games and watching football that hasn't been exactly up to par.  When this team becomes good again (and who knows when that will be)  this city will be electric and a lot of fun.

Years ago I read an excellent article from the LA Times that laid out in detail why the Jaguars would not be leaving Jacksonville. It is the only publication I've ever read that wrote about the story without bias and used factual data to support the story. I was shocked that it came from a paper in a town that would eventually house someone else team. Coincidentally I believe its one of the only papers that reported the actual polls data from the election while all other media outlets were reporting mass leads for Hilary Clinton. Looking back on it now, it just confirms that media was wishing and hoping it was Jacksonville and reporting with complete bias. If they would have reported early on that San Diego and St.Louis were legitimate candidates to relocate maybe those respective city's would've had a little more urgency. In fact all it did was help Jaguars fans and the city of Jacksonville fully commit to the Jaguars staying in Jacksonville. 
Yup and we still have idiots out there who say we are going to LA when there are 2 teams going and another team prob leaving their city. We support our team, we will be back up again, its the cycle of the NFL.

Go Jags 

You spelled "idiots" wrong.

Quote:Yes, thanks to Mr. Khan and his dedication to our city and thanks to Wayne and Deloris for finding the right man. I sure would like to see the folks of Jacksonville return the favor by selling out the place. Hopefully it will be like that once again if they can win some damn games.

Ironically,  today is the one year anniversary of Stan Kroenke getting the approval to move the Rams from St. Louis to LA,  after years of plotting to do this while staying silent verbally.   The difference between the owners the Jaguars have had past and present,  compared to Kroenke,  is close to the difference between day and night.   
I can't wait to see this team string some wins together and pack 65+K fans into EverBank every home game.   

Quote:Years ago I read an excellent article from the LA Times that laid out in detail why the Jaguars would not be leaving Jacksonville. It is the only publication I've ever read that wrote about the story without bias and used factual data to support the story. I was shocked that it came from a paper in a town that would eventually house someone else team. Coincidentally I believe its one of the only papers that reported the actual polls data from the election while all other media outlets were reporting mass leads for Hilary Clinton. Looking back on it now, it just confirms that media was wishing and hoping it was Jacksonville and reporting with complete bias. If they would have reported early on that San Diego and St.Louis were legitimate candidates to relocate maybe those respective city's would've had a little more urgency. In fact all it did was help Jaguars fans and the city of Jacksonville fully commit to the Jaguars staying in Jacksonville. 

I recall the LA TImes accurately reporting the polls reflecting a potential Trump victory (when all of the others had Clinton way out in front in the electoral race) HOWEVER, I didn't realize they laid out an article reflecting the Jags would not be moving to LA

VERY COOL !!!  Amazing what reporters can do when they aren't brainwashed by outside influences.
Quote:You spelled "idiots" wrong.
so what I was typing fast 
I just thought it was funny...and maybe a little ironic.

Quote:Sometime today take a moment to fully understand the devastation the City of Jacksonville would have experienced if it were the Jags moving to Los Angeles today instead of the San Diego Chargers.

Thank you Mr. Khan !!!
Outstanding post!
They should just put all 32 teams in LA. *GIANT EYE ROLL*. I feel bad for SD, but I'm glad it's not us. Goodell will go down as the worst ever football commisionar in the history of ever......ever......

Quote:I'll be renewing my 4 season tix just like I have been for the last 8 years.
I grew up in Jax.

Love and miss Jax.

I'm proud of you.

If I lived there I'd do the same thing
Quote:San Diego is a bad sports town, but I dont know how two L.A teams is going to work. They have problems getting excitement for 1 team. 
Source?
Quote:I can't wait to see this team string some wins together and pack 65+K fans into EverBank every home game.   

we packed 65k fans in everbank this year ... those packers, broncos, and vikes games sure were crowded 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5