Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Boselli says Joeckel had his best game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
on xl this morning

If that's his best game then we need a new LT.

He said he had a good game. I trust his opinion considering he has watched the coaches film and knows the position as good as humanly possible more than the kneejerks on this forum talking out their butts and looking for someone to whine about.

He also said. bradfield was great. Form opinions yourself instead of beeing sheep
Did TB have his contacts in or his glasses on?

TB must have been watching another game.  Every time I saw Joeckel he was getting blown up. 
Cool. And we lost.

he also had a crucial penalty.  not sure what he was thinking when he decided to throw his head into the back of a guy's knee

Quote:He also said. bradfield was great. Form opinions yourself instead of beeing sheep
too bad his 'best game' wasn't enough to keep Bortles from getting sacked 6 times... or to help the team get a win.
If that was his "best" game, he must have really really sucked up to that game.

Quote:He said he had a good game. I trust his opinion considering he has watched the coaches film and knows the position as good as humanly possible more than the kneejerks on this forum talking out their butts and looking for someone to whine about.

You mad?
Quote:He said he had a good game. I trust his opinion considering he has watched the coaches film and knows the position as good as humanly possible more than the kneejerks on this forum talking out their butts and looking for someone to whine about.

I agree. I did see two pretty obvious mistakes he made although one wasn't *completely* his fault. I'll have to watch the game again but by and large I think Joeckel is just becoming the fan's scapegoat for the problems of the OL overall.
Quote:I agree. I did see two pretty obvious mistakes he made although one wasn't *completely* his fault. I'll have to watch the game again but by and large I think Joeckel is just becoming the fan's scapegoat for the problems of the OL overall.

Agree. But like most fanbases, you blame the guy who is the highest pick or highest paid.
I think Joeckel's been okay so far this season. 

I also think that knowing that Joeckel is coming off a broken leg that I didn't anticipate him to have a all-pro season this year. I expected a year that was going to be inconsistent at times but trending in the right direction overall. And I think he is. 

Is anyone ever happy about the LT they drafted?

Not sure what you guys expect, but this is what you get from a young offensive lineman playing LT. Only the hall of fame caliber players come in and do everything right even as rookie.

Heck, Chris Clemons abused Taylor Lewan yesterday who was a top 10 pick as well. It happens.

The problem is that this blocking scheme doesn't work and we have very below average guys strength wise up front.
Quote:I think Joeckel's been okay so far this season. 

I also think that knowing that Joeckel is coming off a broken leg that I didn't anticipate him to have a all-pro season this year. I expected a year that was going to be inconsistent at times but trending in the right direction overall. And I think he is. 

The problem with Joeckel is everyone uses Boselli as their barometer.

They probably don't realize that Boselli was one of the most talented left tackles in league history.

Overall, I think the line play in the league is pretty mediocre. Jake Matthews got embarrassed by Pierre-Paul last week. Guys like Boselli, Roaf and Walter Jones never had games like that, even as rookies.
Quote:Too bad his 'best game' wasn't enough to keep Bortles from getting sacked 6 times... or to help the team get a win.

I doubt all six sacks were Joeckel's fault.

He probably did some good things that board members forgot about because of the penalty.

You honestly think Boselli turned on the coaches tape after the game? More likely he went home, had a nice dinner with his family, got a good nights sleep and then just started talking on the radio for his easy paycheck of a job.

With all due respect to Boselli. He's a great Jaguar. But to think he stayed up all night watching game tape is just naive. These guys get jobs in the media and they put it on cruise control. Most media types don't every really watch any of the games.
Quote:You honestly think Boselli turned on the coaches tape after the game? More likely he went home, had a nice dinner with his family, got a good nights sleep and then just started talking on the radio for his easy paycheck of a job.

With all due respect to Boselli. He's a great Jaguar. But to think he stayed up all night watching game tape is just naive. These guys get jobs in the media and they put it on cruise control. Most media types don't every really watch any of the games.

I heard him on the radio and he said he watched it. So you are saying he lied?
Pages: 1 2 3 4