Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: I never believed in tanking...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
But the way bortles played in the preseason compared to hennes performance this year is astounding and i believe every other coach in the league would have made the switch by now.. Its not cool to preach competition and then keep the better player on the bench
We're rebuilding and he needs to develop. Henne is probably the best QB to play right now and it shows in these past 2 games. Almost every fan is happy about it, and we're all enjoying the season so far. It's a 7 year process man, you just gotta hang in there for another 6 years before we're ready to compete. I don't know why you expect so much out of the team so soon.

I think it's pretty obvious the Jags are accidentally tanking this year for the #1 pick in 2015 draft.

Looks like they are going to get some competition from the Raiders though, so it won't be as easy as it has looked.

Matt Cassel is still starting. The Vikings must be tanking as well.
Quote:Matt Cassel is still starting. The Vikings must be tanking as well.
. Bridgewater didnt blow cassel out of the water in preseason... Bortles was a lot better than henne
Dumb.  Wish i hadn't clicked on this one.

I hope we get to see Bortles.  I'm not sure we're tanking... though I can only imagine how it'd look to us if the Colts had left Andrew Luck on the bench in his first year.

Who are we tanking for?
Quote:. Bridgewater didnt blow cassel out of the water in preseason... Bortles was a lot better than henne

Agreed.

The difference between Bortles and the rest of the rookies is those other guys didn't throw for 500+ yards and 10+ YPA in the preseason.

They also didn't have anyone as bad as Henne starting ahead of them.

Bortles blew the field away.
10 sacks allowed, I know what'll help! Stick a rookie QB back there.

Quote:Agreed.

The difference between Bortles and the rest of the rookies is those other guys didn't throw for 500+ yards and 10+ YPA in the preseason.

They also didn't have anyone as bad as Henne starting ahead of them.

Bortles blew the field away.
. Exactly, Hennes stats were decent but it was obvious to the people watching who was better
Quote:Who are we tanking for?
Jags have some amazing scouts since we already know who!
Quote:10 sacks allowed, I know what'll help! Stick a rookie QB back there.
a rookie qb who doesnt hold onto the ball long and is 100x more mobile than that walrus we call a qb
Quote:Jags have some amazing scouts since we already know who!

I recall caldwell saying he had a crush on bortles in october last year so its not to crazy
Quote:10 sacks allowed, I know what'll help! Stick a rookie QB back there.

None of them were Henne's fault remember? Keep him in IMO. Gives us the best chance to win IMO. He's efficient IMO. /kicks out chair /hangs
Quote:I recall caldwell saying he had a crush on bortles in october last year so its not to crazy
Yes, it's crazy.
Quote:We're rebuilding and he needs to develop. Henne is probably the best QB to play right now and it shows in these past 2 games. Almost every fan is happy about it, and we're all enjoying the season so far. It's a 7 year process man, you just gotta hang in there for another 6 years before we're ready to compete. I don't know why you expect so much out of the team so soon.
LoL.  I know you were being sarcastic but sound just like the apologist on this board
Quote:Yes, it's crazy.

Either way.. tanking or not. Its sad.

If we are actually trying to win with this team... just pathetic.
Quote:Either way.. tanking or not. Its sad.

If we are actually trying to win with this team... just pathetic.
It is sad, i agree.  Very sad.  It's been 7 years now and things always seem like they are getting better, only to get worse.  One day the sun will shine on the jags again.  I just hope i live to see that day.  Sad
Quote:a rookie qb who doesnt hold onto the ball long and is 100x more mobile than that walrus we call a qb
I saw one sack where Henne dropped one step, pump faked and was hit. Another he had a five step drop and didn't even have time to step up properly before having two defenders hit him. That's not holding the ball, that's horrible blocking and a rookie QB isn't going to magically fix the O-line. 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6