Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: ..and Mexico is gonna pay for it.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
..err.. they'll pay us back.

So.. pony up billions now and I'll get the money from them later. Believe me.

This sounds like a drug deal about to go bad.
The tariffs of those who choose to build in Mexico and sell in the US will pay for it. Do the math.

Who pays for it today? Where is that money coming from?
Quote:The tariffs of those who choose to build in Mexico and sell in the US will pay for it. Do the math.

So you're saying US consumers will pay for it. 
Quote:Who pays for it today? Where is that money coming from?

Has it been paid for yet?

Look at it as an investment. 
Quote:Has it been paid for yet?

Look at it as an investment.

With what tangible returns?
Omg why isn't Mexico writing us a check for the wall? Thats it I hate Trump and I am now a #Shill4Hill
Quote:So you're saying US consumers will pay for it. 

I don't have all the answers, but if a US citizen wants to let companies like Toyota pass on the tariff to them in the sales price, then I suppose they will help pay for it.
Quote:With what tangible returns?

Safety maybe? Is not showing up on YouTube as a Los Zetas chainsaw victim tangible enough for you? Smile
Kotite falling for fake news again.

Sad!

[Image: ZCBm7w2.png]

In an early-morning Twitter response, Trump called the reports “dishonest” and suggested the U.S. would only be putting up money for the “sake of speed” -- and vowed Mexico would eventually pay it back.

Quote:..err.. they'll pay us back.

So.. pony up billions now and I'll get the money from them later. Believe me.

This sounds like a drug deal about to go bad.
Since when have liberals been bothered by more government spending?  You should be celebrating this project.
Quote:With what tangible returns?
Border security.  Better control over illegal immigration.  I know.  These aren't the great social welfare programs you're probably enamored with, but they are tangible returns.
Im not surprised at this point when it comes to Trump backpedaling when it came to building the wall, did he ever have any clue Mexico was going to pay for it? The probably laughed him right out of the room when he went there to visit prior to the election. We are going to see alot more of this for the next 4 years.

Illegal immigration steadily increased from roughly 3.5M in 1990 to peak around 12.2M in 2005. Since then there has been a gradual decline to roughly 11.1M.

Taxpayers are being asked to foot the bill for a problem that has been rampant for decades and is slowly declining with a solution that is flawed. A defense that can be thwarted by a ladder or a tunnel is not worth wasting billions on. Cartels have hundreds of tunnels along our southern border now. If you have not felt unsafe for the decades we have existed without a wall, why pretend you will feel safer with one?
Nobody liked Wimpy from the Popeye cartoons. He would gladly pay you Tuesday for a Hamburger today. Trump continually said Mexico was gonna pay for this dumb wall. Now he's saying they're gonna pay us back. If they don't in one way or another, we've wasted billions on an ineffective wall. More money that would be better used on education.
Quote:Border security. Better control over illegal immigration. I know. These aren't the great social welfare programs you're probably enamored with, but they are tangible returns.

Tangible - having an actual physical existence; capable of being assigned a value in monetary terms; real or actual, rather than imaginary or visionary

This is not an investment the average American will yield any return on. But they will pay for it.
Quote:Nobody liked Wimpy from the Popeye cartoons. He would gladly pay you Tuesday for a Hamburger today. Trump continually said Mexico was gonna pay for this dumb wall. Now he's saying they're gonna pay us back. If they don't in one way or another, we've wasted billions on an ineffective wall. More money that would be better used on education.

Yeah we already spend more on our students than every country on earth yet can't even compete with developing nations. Lets throw money at THAT. Surely worth it.
Quote:Since when have liberals been bothered by more government spending? You should be celebrating this project.

Lol
Quote:Yeah we already spend more on our students than every country on earth yet can't even compete with developing nations. Lets throw money at THAT. Surely worth it.

Yeah.. education is dum.

I'm sure a bright guy like yourself can come up with plenty of better uses for the billions that wall would cost.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9