Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: All of a sudden WR group has serious potential
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Wasn't long ago that we were talking about how we have no playmakers on the outside, after Blackmon's indefinite ban from the league.

2 second round picks, and an undrafted rookie later, we could have a great core of receivers.

If we can lock up Shorts long-term:

Shorts

Robinson

Lee

Hurns

Sanders

Brown/Taylor/Doss 

This group looks to be formidable for a long time to come. 

Imagine if Blackmon some how, some way, finds his way back...

Quote:Wasn't long ago that we were talking about how we have no playmakers on the outside, after Blackmon's indefinite ban from the league.

2 second round picks, and an undrafted rookie later, we could have a great core of receivers.

If we can lock up Shorts long-term:

Shorts

Robinson

Lee

Hurns

Sanders

Brown/Taylor/Doss 

This group looks to be formidable for a long time to come. 

Imagine if Blackmon some how, some way, finds his way back...

The only dynamic this WR group is missing is a guy that can take the top off opposing defenses, M. Lee looked like that guy in 2012 but not so last year. Otherwise yes, this receiving core has a chance to be good.
I think, with some experience and confidence, Marqise can be that "take the top off opposing defenses" type of playmaker. Based off raw talent, he's the most gifted receiver we have. Guy's just real green right now. Needs some seasoning.

But yes, our corps is shaping up quite well.

Well Blackmon's not coming back at least not in the forseeable future, but I agree...if he did, with this talented, physical group, it would almost be unfair for the rest of the NFL. ;-)
Shorts will be gone after this year. 

Going forward our top 4 WRs will likely be Hurns, Lee, Robinson, Sanders.

If Brown can keep up the good work, he'll be our number 5.

Of course a lot of things can change, season to season.

I love Shorts, his injury issue is frustraiting tho. 

I wouldn't mind keeping Shorts around for a reasonable price.

Marqise Lee has an awful lot to show before I'd declare him anything special.  He certainly hasn't shown up in any meaningful way so far in the preseason when he's had the opportunity to do so.  I see a lot of potential there, but when you're getting called out by your boss, that's never a good thing.  He's shown glimmers, but for the most part he's been almost invisible. 

I think by the end of 2015 Allen Robinson will be compared to Dez Bryant by some of the talking heads.  I think he's going to be really good. 

( I know he's not as fast, but I see him making some amazing athletic catches even when covered that will draw the comparison )

Quote:Marqise Lee has an awful lot to show before I'd declare him anything special.  He certainly hasn't shown up in any meaningful way so far in the preseason when he's had the opportunity to do so.  I see a lot of potential there, but when you're getting called out by your boss, that's never a good thing.  He's shown glimmers, but for the most part he's been almost invisible. 

I want to see the explosive playmaking ability he showed at USC in 2012, if we get that Marqise Lee look out. I'm cautiousally optimistic.
Quote:Marqise Lee has an awful lot to show before I'd declare him anything special. He certainly hasn't shown up in any meaningful way so far in the preseason when he's had the opportunity to do so. I see a lot of potential there, but when you're getting called out by your boss, that's never a good thing. He's shown glimmers, but for the most part he's been almost invisible.

Robinson and Hurns (who is 88?!) jumped out at me at camp. Lee didn't look like much. Hopefully he just needs to develop but I'm really not seeing it. Robinson will be an early contributor tho.
Quote:Robinson and Hurns (who is 88?!) jumped out at me at camp. Lee didn't look like much. Hopefully he just needs to develop but I'm really not seeing it. Robinson will be an early contributor tho.
Hurns is just a fantastic story.  You can't help but pull for the kid, especially when he just keeps making plays.  Robinson looked good in the limited time we had to see him on the field.  I am hoping he'll be a guy that pans out.  Hopefully Lee does as well.  There's a high ceiling with him if he can put it together.  If any coach can make that happen, it's Jerry Sullivan.  However, I'd expect to have seen something from him by now.  Even on the one touchdown he had, if you looked at the route he ran, he had almost quit on the play when he realized the ball was coming his way.  He's got to up the intensity level. 
Anyone got Allen Hurns 40 time? just curious

Quote:I think by the end of 2015 Allen Robinson will be compared to Dez Bryant by some of the talking heads.  I think he's going to be really good. 

( I know he's not as fast, but I see him making some amazing athletic catches even when covered that will draw the comparison )

I agree, ARob has some freaky measurable (42 inch vert, 10 ft. 11 inch broad jump 4.5 40 at 6'3 220+ LBs), he's actually a better athlete than Dez. More importantly, he dominated the competition at the division 1 level for two years; his ceiling is immense, #1 receiver immense. I'm excited to see what Jerry Sullivan can do with a guy this physically gifted, the Dez Bryant comparisons are spot on.

Quote:Anyone got Allen Hurns 40 time? just curious

What was Keenan McCardell's 40 time?   Glacial.  

Here is his Combine page from NFL.com. He was listed with a 4.55 40.

It's funny but all of the "weak points" in that report seem to be way, way off to my eye. Then again, I've been known to be pretty dum from time to time.

Quote:Shorts will be gone after this year. 

Going forward our top 4 WRs will likely be Hurns, Lee, Robinson, Sanders.

If Brown can keep up the good work, he'll be our number 5.

Of course a lot of things can change, season to season.

You forgot Tandon Doss.  We got him in veteran free agency, so they must have a role for him. 

I think it was around a 4.55 or somewhere around there
Quote:I think it was around a 4.55 or somewhere around there

He's not a burner, but he's got good range and runs nice routes for a guy his size.  When he gets back on the field, I think he's going to be a real weapon. 

Combine 4.57

Pro Day 4.47

Quote:I want to see the explosive playmaking ability he showed at USC in 2012, if we get that Marqise Lee look out. I'm cautiousally optimistic.

Maybe he's just having a difficult time adjusting to being in Jacksonville.  Hopefully it clicks for him because I think there's certainly big play potential there. 
Pages: 1 2 3 4