Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Year 4 of the "rebuild"...Dave Caldwell's talent took us to 3-13
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
that should be all you need to know that he should be fired right after this game like we did Gus. 

#newyearnewGM

I pray we find a GM with actual football knowledge and the ability to find talented coaches, staff AND players, because Dave has failed us.

HE and HE ALONE is the reason we are stuck at the pits of the league. He has failed to "rebuild" this franchise.

Quote:that should be all you need to know that he should be fired right after this game like we did Gus.

#newyearnewGM

I pray we find a GM with actual football knowledge and the ability to find talented coaches, staff AND players, because Dave has failed us.

HE and HE ALONE is the reason we are stuck at the pits of the league. He has failed to "rebuild" this franchise.
Oh great, you're back.
I would agree. We have some talent on this team, but so does every team, including the browns.
Yep. It was ALL on Dave.

Dave is just as much to blame for our record as anyone else.
Dave drafted Bortles, paid toby/ivory and failed to fire gus. Dave's a bum.

Don't know if I can even look forward to the draft as long as he's making the picks, I can't deal with another T.J Yeldon.

Quote:Dave drafted Bortles, paid toby/ivory and failed to fire gus. Dave's a bum.
GM can't fire a coach without the owner's approval. 
Dave also drafted Smith, Ramsey, Jack and Ngakoue. As well as signing Jackson and Amukamara.

Quote:Dave also drafted Smith, Ramsey, Jack and Ngakoue. As well as signing Jackson and Amukamara.

Lol Amukamara.
Quote:Lol Amukamara.

WELP!
The position we find ourselves in at the end of 2016 is an interesting place.

The team had poor coaching and focused on the wrong things this year.  The GM has improved with his job over the past 12 months but he gets a strike against him for retaining Gus.  It is obvious to me that Doug Marrone was not auditioning for anything the past two weeks.  The decision was already made.  As pointed out all last week, he would have been made the interim coach after the first Titans game if they wanted an honest review.

This is not a top 5 in the draft team but it sure isn't playoff ready with this roster.  We have gems up and down the roster but the cohesion is greatly lacking.

[Image: 628.jpg]

I think the quality of coach he lands will say a lot about the talent on the roster. I think he has done a good enough job, except for the hiring of Bradley.

If he lands a respectable coach it will go a long way towards validating the state of the roster. If it is Marrone type hire... probably a sign I am overestimating the talent.
Quote:that should be all you need to know that he should be fired right after this game like we did Gus. 

#newyearnewGM

This is Bull [BLEEP] to place the blame on Caldwell. I swear that some fans has no clue other than to enhance their own "Personal Opinions"...

The talent is in Effect to which Dave has implemented to say the least. He's drafted properly within his first three years because during his first year he had to depend upon Smith's scouting staff...

NH3...
You're wrong.   

And the Coaching/GM speculations begin upon the ending of our 2016 NFL season...

NH3...
@brentasjax Gipson and Ramsey ready for change. Both really feel like they were misused in this system. They think new coaches will benefit them. #ASJax
Quote:The position we find ourselves in at the end of 2016 is an interesting place.

The team had poor coaching and focused on the wrong things this year.  The GM has improved with his job over the past 12 months but he gets a strike against him for retaining Gus.  It is obvious to me that Doug Marrone was not auditioning for anything the past two weeks.  The decision was already made.  As pointed out all last week, he would have been made the interim coach after the first Titans game if they wanted an honest review.

This is not a top 5 in the draft team but it sure isn't playoff ready with this roster.  We have gems up and down the roster but the cohesion is greatly lacking.
 The cohesion is on the coach, not the GM.  You saw some great things in the first half today.  Ngakoue with his ninth sack. Fowler got another sack. Grant on a long TD run. Koyak continues to impress, with another TD catch. It was Marrone who took his foot off the gas.  And I do think this team could go to the playoffs - because I think this team has more talent than any other in the division. But we need the right coach.
Quote:And the Coaching/GM speculations begin upon the ending of our 2016 NFL season...

NH3...

Yep, stay tuned right here to catch all the discussion, fair or not.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9