Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: What tier of QB would Blake have to end up in to make him worth the 3rd pick?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Quite simple, what tier of QB would Blake have to become for you guys to think he was worth the 3rd over all pick?

Rivers, Luck. Breese* :p
By your list I would say Rivers, Luck tier
Big Ben is better than Rivers Flacco n Manning. If Bortles turns in to Big Ben. Success.
If we get either of the top 2 he will be more than worth it. If he gets in the top 3 he is still definitely worth it.

Second tier.

He doesn't need to be a perennial MVP caliber player, but he has to be a franchise QB.

Give me a guy who is clutch when it matters and can win us games and i'll be happy. 

uh, its simple.....franchise QB. 
I was just talking about this with someone earlier lol. If he became Matt Ryan, Romo level I think that would suffice. The Manning stuff is a little ridiculous
Your tiers confuse me
The answer is very simple. Corn.

Quote:Your tiers confuse me
Unfortunately is it not a scientific pole. I tried to group players by level of success/level of ability. Sorry Dokota, I forgot to add Corn as a selection.
How is Luck in there with Manning, Flacco and even Rivers. The guy has done nothing.

He has to be elite.
Franchise qb. Matt ryan, hopefully Ben roethlisberger
Blank #2
Considering the players we passed on, he has to be a multi-pro-bowl caliber QB. Doesn't have to ever win All-Pro, which I don't expect him to and doesn't really matter when it comes to QBs, but he has to be consistently great an put up numbers around 3800-4000+ yards per season, 26+ touchdowns, under 15 interceptions. Basically he has to be in the tier with Big Ben, Matt Ryan, and Philip Rivers at least, which is just under elite/the big 4.
How the hell are Big Ben and Romo in the same tier as Wilson, Kaepernick, Stafford while Luck, Manning, and Flacco are ahead of them and Matt Ryan apparently doesn't even make the list? Your ranks don't make any sense.

Tier 1: Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Brees (perennial All-Pros)
Tier 2: Ryan, Roethlisberger, Rivers, Romo (franchise QBs who consistently put out high production)
Tier 3: Cutler, Flacco, Smith, Newton, Luck (inconsistent fringe franchise QBs who make more mistakes than you'd want)
Tier 4: Wilson, RGIII, Kaepernick (too early to judge, need to work on mechanics still, have potential to reach tier 2)

Nick Foles is an enigma. He really did look like a top tier QB last year and his mechanics and progression skills looked top notch and he has the size, but we have to wait and see if he's the real deal. If he repeats then he instantly belongs in the second tier. But for now he's sort of in limbo between tires 2-3 to me.

I have Luck in tier 3 instead of tier 4 because his abilities as a passer are clearly ahead of Wilson, RGIII, and Kaepernick but he makes a lot of mistakes and isn't as prolific as the other tier 2 QBs yet.
Quote:How is Luck in there with Manning, Flacco and even Rivers. The guy has done nothing.
he's made the playoffs in his first two season and has an extremely high ceiling.
If Blake Bortles develops to the point that he's in the same tier as Ben Roethlisberger has been on the field for the Steelers over the course of his career,  my guess is the vast majority of Jaguars fans would be thrilled with the results. 

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6