Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Speculation Is That Blackmon Is Done For Good.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Not a sure thing yet, but the latest article from NFL.com doesn't paint a very good picture about Blackmon's future, at least with the Jaguars. The second round only reinforced the validity of such speculation. The reports are saying that the Jaguars seem relatively certain that Blackmon is done. What a shame, and what a waste of talent. Sad

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000...areer-over

I don't think they will just cut him. That wouldn't make sense.

After the 3rd round I think we can all agree Blackmon is never coming back.
Don't buy it. When he gets reinstated he will have the chance to come back a be the elite WR he has the talent to be.

Gets criticized for selecting under-talented choir boys throughout the last three drafts.

Takes a gamble on an incredibly-talented player with a checkered past.

Gets fired in part because the kid can't stay out of trouble.

It's not easy being Gene.

Quote:Gets criticized for selecting under-talented choir boys throughout the last three drafts.

Takes a gamble on an incredibly-talented player with a checkered past.

Gets fired in part because the kid can't stay out of trouble.

It's not easy being Gene.

You think Blackmon is the reason Gene got fired?? LOL
Allen Robinson will be better. 

I still don't believe that Blackmon is done. Caldwell said he'd treat it like if they got him back it would be a bonus and thats exactly what he did. People act all surprised that we took 2 WR, but all that happened is Caldwell sticking to his word. 

If the Jags release Blackmon after he's reinstated, they are stupid. He'll go on to be a stud somewhere else for free. 

Such a shame. I'll still hold out hope until he's officially gone but it sure doesn't look good. JB had the potential to really dominate. Couldn't get it together.

Quote:Don't buy it. When he gets reinstated he will have the chance to come back a be the elite WR he has the talent to be.

You sound like woman in an abusive relationship, making excuses for your man.

"He's not that bad! He loves me! You don't know him like I know him!!!"

Wake up.
I am 99% positive Blackmon will be back.

He's got one more chance in the NFL, it might as well be with us.

Quote:You sound like woman in an abusive relationship, making excuses for your man.

Wake up.

What do the Jags gain by releasing him right now?
Quote:You sound like woman in an abusive relationship, making excuses for your man.

Wake up.

Ha. What a tool, making jokes about domestic violence. I'm sure you're a regular Casanova with women. Blackmon will be reinstated and when he is he will get a chance to come in and compete. Unfortunately it doesn't appear as though it will be this year which is very disheartening.
Such a shame, dude had talent.
Quote:I still don't believe that Blackmon is done. Caldwell said he'd treat it like if they got him back it would be a bonus and thats exactly what he did. People act all surprised that we took 2 WR, but all that happened is Caldwell sticking to his word.

If the Jags release Blackmon after he's reinstated, they are stupid. He'll go on to be a stud somewhere else for free.
I bet u would rather have our draft than the Raiders? Mack and Carr
Quote:You think Blackmon is the reason Gene got fired?? LOL
1. It was a joke. I said "in part". LOL learn to read

2. No, Blackmon wasn't the whole reason, or even the main reason, but if you don't think that Khan listed "drafted a wide receiver who was picked off for DUI almost immediately then suspended four games" wasn't on the list, you're nuts.
So I guess Josh Gordon is done too?

No, Blackmon will be back after this season. What if he tore his acl we wouldnt just give up on him.
Quote:What do the Jags gain by releasing him right now?

Exactly....or at all. 

I'd never release him. Make him star here or nowhere. 

Why let some other team get that kind of talent for free?? 
Apparently things aren't going great with Blackmon. They have given up on him for THIS year. Next year could be a completely different story. We're not losing a thing by holding him. He could be Short's replacement in 2015 if we can't come to terms with him.
Quote:Exactly....or at all. 

I'd never release him. Make him star here or nowhere. 

Why let some other team get that kind of talent for free?? 

This. Especially since if he returns Week 8 or later of this year he would still be in only his second league season at the start of 2015. He would still be under team control until 2018.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6