Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Interesting quote from Malik Jackson on Gus Bradley firing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
“The crazy part is I don’t know if a different perspective is going to help us,” Jackson said. “Was he a little lax on a lot of things? Yes. But if someone comes in here and is a hard [butt], I don’t think that’s going to help us. But, it’s not my call.”

We'll see about that.

Dumb quote

I think it's a fairly typical response from a player that respects a "less than institutional" atmosphere in the meeting rooms and practice field. 

Still - I find it impossible to think that a coach with a bit more edge won't be able to cut down on the stupid mistakes made by this team so regularly. 

This is what I worry about with Haley. That being said if nothing your going to do will change anything why try? Sounds like Malik just wants to sit back and get his 90 mil.
A lot of times employees aren't as results-oriented as upper management is.  They see a boss that is their friend and supportive, so they're going to be mad if he gets fired.

Quote:This is what I worry about with Haley. That being said if nothing your going to do will change anything why try? Sounds like Malik just wants to sit back and get his 90 mil.
Think it's pretty obvious by his play that isn't the case.

It is a dumb quote though no doubt. Obviously the way things are being done isn't working. You have no idea how it'll go with more of a hard nosed guy that isn't best buds with every player.
Quote:Think it's pretty obvious by his play that isn't the case.

It is a dumb quote though no doubt. Obviously the way things are being done isn't working. You have no idea how it'll go with more of a hard nosed guy that isn't best buds with every player.
I would agree he is playing hard but this quote makes it seem like he doesn't want to be challenged. I'm sure it's more foot in mouth then anything.
Quote:I would agree he is playing hard but this quote makes it seem like he doesn't want to be challenged. I'm sure it's more foot in mouth then anything.
Everyone does best with some sort of type of coaching man. Malik is playing at a top end level with this type of coaching. So maybe he prefers it this way? Some teams play under guys better that aren't hard nosed. Doesn't mean Malik is just going to give up if we hire a guy like Haley or Coughlin.

This guy played under Gary Kubiak....not really the same type of guy than Gus.

Quote:Everyone does best with some sort of type of coaching man. Malik is playing at a top end level with this type of coaching. So maybe he prefers it this way? Some teams play under guys better that aren't hard nosed. Doesn't mean Malik is just going to give up if we hire a guy like Haley or Coughlin.
Fair enough.
It won't help him, but it'll help the bums that forgot how to play football.
Hmmm. Could be he thinks that Gus wasn't the real problem.

*cough* Blake sux *clears throat*
Quote:Hmmm. Could be he thinks that Gus wasn't the real problem.

Gus wasn't the real problem?

:teehee:

Blake has had a bad year but Gus most definitely WAS the problem. Lack of discipline, offense goes from what it did last year (with no run game) to this year where we lead the league in drops and Blake can't hit the broad side of a barn...yes, that's on Gus and the coaching staff.
Of the 46 active players, you can count on one hand how many have lived up to/exceeded expectations through either the draft or free agency so yes Gus and staff were absolutely the problem.

Ramsey

Smith

Ngakoue

Robinson

Linder (although he's hurt most of the time)

Quote:Hmmm. Could be he thinks that Gus wasn't the real problem.

That's kind of how I took it as well.  As Blake sucks, and nothing will change until he plays better or a different QB is playing better.
Malik has played well. We just a need a good coach
I don't necessarily want us to have a Hard [BLEEP] coach. I just want a coach who is more methodical in how he gameplans another opponent schematically. We always just seemed to play d and o the same no matter who we played.

I also want a coach who is not "lax" but someone who demands correct repetitions over time, you don't have to be a jerk to get that. You need to:

•clearly communicate an idea

•execute said idea (slowly enough to where it can be executed, build speed as repetitions become precise)

•correct repetitions over time

•hold people incredibly accountable
I wish R. Lee Ermey knew how to coach football.

That's who I want
Quote:I wish R. Lee Ermey knew how to coach football.

That's who I want

He's not allowed to coach anymore after what he did to that ref in saving silverman.
Quote:This is what I worry about with Haley. That being said if nothing your going to do will change anything why try? Sounds like Malik just wants to sit back and get his 90 mil.

Who is Haley?

Something we do will change. To what extent will not be known until this time next year.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7