Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jags Haven't Heard from Branden Albert
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Per NBC Sports -

"Albert has been a no-show for the Jaguars’ voluntary workouts, and coach Doug Marrone said he’s taken aback that Albert hasn’t so much as picked up the phone when the team tried to check in on him."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...en-albert/

Dude is a JA

Stick his file in the same drawer as Justin Blackmon's
The dude is worried about getting even more money than the tens of millions that his contract is already for, and it might end up costing him those tens of millions.

Most likely when the practices become mandatory he shows up, especially once the team starts notifying him they're fining him and he'll be losing money even when he does show up to play. Either that or he's already done and he knows it so he won't show up until he gets guaranteed more money and the team will just end up cutting him before the season.

Either way Albert lost all of his leverage when the team drafted Cam, unless he's MJD of 2012 and knows he's got nothing left in the tank he'd be well advised to turn his attitude around.

[BLEEP] him.
As long as he reports when is it mandatory he is fine.  For those saying we don't need him.  Having Albert will strengthen the line.  However when becomes mandatory if he does not show.  He is done in the nfl.  Not many teams would touch him at that point. 

Lost his leverage when we selected Cam. Didn't have much to begin with. Suck it up and come to work for millions big guy, life could be worse.
I have a feeling Albert will show up in June and be a reluctant team player.  It's his last chance to make millions and the Jags FO holds the cards. 

Still not concerned. 

Yeah I think he may show up, but if he is that disgruntled I would not be surprised if he just retires. 

My name is Albert.

The Patriots would have cut him. Jags dont him, he's old.
Quote:I have a feeling Albert will show up in June and be a reluctant team player.  It's his last chance to make millions and the Jags FO holds the cards. 

Still not concerned. 
Agreed.  All the fan outrage is just wasted energy.  If he doesn't report when it's mandatory, then string him out and flog away.  This is the time of year when players take care of the business end of the game.  Fans don't like it, but it is what it is.
Quote:Agreed. All the fan outrage is just wasted energy. If he doesn't report when it's mandatory, then string him out and flog away. This is the time of year when players take care of the business end of the game. Fans don't like it, but it is what it is.

Speaking of, when does mandatory camp start?

Edit: Looks like June 14th
Just put him on IR and have him sit all year.  It would probably be torture for him to be stuck to a team.

My fear is that he'll retire.

Ideally, I'd like to see Albert start at LT, then have Cam shift over to guard.

See ya!

Quote:My fear is that he'll retire.
That's not going to happen.  Too much money on the table for him to walk away from when he's sitting out voluntary workouts over compensation. 

I recall some of the hand wringers on this board saying we should cut Fred Taylor or MJD because they weren't participating in voluntary workouts.  Thank God the team doesn't use this message board as part of the decision making process.  This is the business of the NFL.  When there's a risk of him losing money, Albert will be there.

Quote:That's not going to happen. Too much money on the table for him to walk away from when he's sitting out voluntary workouts over compensation.

I recall some of the hand wringers on this board saying we should cut Fred Taylor or MJD because they weren't participating in voluntary workouts. Thank God the team doesn't use this message board as part of the decision making process. This is the business of the NFL. When there's a risk of him losing money, Albert will be there.

Pretty much. Though I still think it's a little childish of him to not even contact Marrone.

He's holding out for more money, he's not going to just retire when he can make like $8mil.

But I also don't understand worrying about it. We drafted Robinson, and it's not like Albert is Joe Thomas. If he retires well then the rookie starts sooner is all.
Maybe he robbed Patrick Mahomes.

Quote:Pretty much. Though I still think it's a little childish of him to not even contact Marrone.

He's holding out for more money, he's not going to just retire when he can make like $8mil.

But I also don't understand worrying about it. We drafted Robinson, and it's not like Albert is Joe Thomas. If he retires well then the rookie starts sooner is all.

He's getting bad advice from his agent about not talking to the head coach, or returning calls.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5