Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Russell Allen Released
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Ryan O'Halloran ‏<span style="color:rgb(177,187,195);">@ryanohalloran</span>  5m
<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);">#jaguars release LB Russell Allen.

<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);"> 

Ryan O'Halloran ‏<span style="color:rgb(177,187,195);">@ryanohalloran</span>  4m
<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);">#Jaguars also release Will Pericak, D'Aundre Reed and Jabin Sambrano.

Hopefully telvin smith is his replacement!
I will always have fond memories of Russell Allen while he was here. To go from UDFA status and to parlay that into a six-year career is truly an accomplishment worthy of note.

Happy Trails Russel. Best of luck to ya, in whatever you do.

Jabin Sambrano ?  Is that a Star Wars character? Jabin Sambrano..wicked name. 

Interesting, only because of the timing. Thought they might keep him around but I guess they decided he was too overpaid.

Heck of a nice guy.

Quote: 

<div style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);">Ryan O'Halloran ‏<span style="color:rgb(177,187,195);">@ryanohalloran</span>  5m
<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);">#jaguars release LB Russell Allen.

<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);"> 

Ryan O'Halloran ‏<span style="color:rgb(177,187,195);">@ryanohalloran</span>  4m
<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);">#Jaguars also release Will Pericak, D'Aundre Reed and Jabin Sambrano.

</div>

This is great. Goes with Caldwell's philosophy that average veterans shouldn't be starting in place of younger players. 
Inc Mack
Quote:Inc Mack

Idk about all that
Plenty of opportunities to upgrade there.  Allen had an amazing penchant for managing to stick around.  They finally caught up with him.

I think Watson gets his spot for now, with competition likely coming at one or both outside backer spots through the draft.

Quote:Interesting, only because of the timing. Thought they might keep him around but I guess they decided he was too overpaid.

Heck of a nice guy.

My guess is they're trying to give him an opportunity to land somewhere before the draft. 
Quote:Plenty of opportunities to upgrade there.  Allen had an amazing penchant for managing to stick around.  They finally caught up with him.

Yep, the Jaguars need an athletic upgrade at that spot.
Quote:This is great. Goes with Caldwell's philosophy that average veterans shouldn't be starting in place of younger players. 

I think Watson was signed to start so Allen knew the writing was on the wall.
I think Allen played weakside linebacker while Dakoda is actually a strong side backer, if I'm not mistaken.

edit: not that Dakoda couldn't play one side or the other i suppose...

He failed his physical.

Quote:He failed his physical.

Injury related or?  

I can't imagine him just getting fat for instance.
Revamp of the LB position incoming
Quote:Injury related or?  

I can't imagine him just getting fat for instance.

Peg Bundy killed the "Healthiest man in Chicago", and she also got Allen fat with bon-bons.
Darn I liked Allen
We need more speed at LB, Watson will have that spot for now, but K.Mack would get it if he is the pick at 3, if not we will still draft another LB somewhere later 

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6