Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Thank you Gus Bradley!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Gus by all accounts was a great guy, did great work in our community, and came in here to a less than desirable situation and gave it his all.  He fell right in line with all our previous coaches, poor play at QB.  Ultimately got him canned.  He's received a ton of hate from the fans, but you can't blame him for giving it his all.  He gave everything he had to turn this team around, it just didn't work out.  Hate to see a good guy get fired, but it was necessary.  Thanks for the great effort here Gus, hopefully you find success moving forward.

I agree. Say what you want about Gus Bradley's coaching results, all in all he is a fine person, a fellow human being with a family, and he earnestly wanted to be a success. He just couldn't pull it off. I want to wish him great success wherever he goes.
Yes, I agree and second. It didn't work out for him and that's a shame for every Jag fan, even the one's throwing pure hate out at the man.

THANK YOU JEFFREY SKILLING (former CEO of Enron)

The effort to succeed was there.

MEDALS FOR EVERYONE

[Image: ST117_1_Large.jpg]

Gus Bradley

$3.5m per year x 5 years = $17.5 million salary

Total wins = 14 

Total $ per win = $1.25 million per win

Thanks

for

NOTHING.
... and there's the hate.

Quote:... and there's the hate.

I don't hate Gus. Were you always this sensitive? 
Quote:I don't hate Gus. Were you always this sensitive? 

How dare you expect someone getting paid millions to be able to do their job after four years...... that's totally unreasonable.
Hey TealTerror, read what I wrote.  I totally believe his firing was necessary.

Good guy.  Probably a good coordinator/position coach.  Just not the right guy at HC, especially for a young team in need of discipline. 

I wish him well.  

Quote:Hey TealTerror, read what I wrote.  I totally believe his firing was necessary.

That's understood. I just wouldn't classify anything I have read in this thread as "hateful" that was my thought. We agree Gus was a nice guy that everyone in the organization wanted to succeed. Dave Caldwell did Gus a major disservice bringing him back this year expecting him to be a different coach then what he had shown the first three years.

And I totally agree with you about the poor QB play........ 
Quote:Yes, I agree and second. It didn't work out for him and that's a shame for every Jag fan, even the one's throwing pure hate out at the man.

Outside of the assumptions you are making, I don't think anybody hated Gus Bradley.
Thanks for helping this franchise continue to suck.

Though I blame Caldwell and his boss more than I do Gus. He should have been fired at least two years ago.
I agree that while I am happy the Jags are moving in another direction, getting fired is never something I can gloat in, even if he got paid millions and should be fine. And Gus is a stand up guy. Wish him the best.
Quote:Outside of the assumptions you are making, I don't think anybody hated Gus Bradley.
Some of them may not hate him but they sure as hell are typing hateful comments about him. I'm not talking about in this thread just various threads.
In my mind, the biggest factor leading to Gus's firing is Bortles' regression this year.  We'd be in a dogfight for the division right now with mediocre QB play.  

What's open to debate is how much blame does Gus get for that.  Some might put all or most of that on him.  I'm not ready to do that.  If Bortles stinks it up next year under new leadership, I think we'll have a better understanding of how hamstrung this team has been.  Unfortunately for Gus, he didn't have any more goodwill built up to get him to next year and that's largely on him.  

The whole hate on dave issue is just placing the blame.  Cause not one person on this whole message board can give one guy currently available with a better track record then dave.  Just a lets fire him.  

He has been worlds better then Shack and Gene. 

Anyone who says otherwise is in fact delusional. 

Receivers Robinson, Lee, and Hurns  better then anything since Jimmy. 

Corners better then anything since Mathis. 

Lb better then anything since Peterson

de yannick is the best since brackins 

dt best since stroud

So no I don't get the hate sides cry babies.  

Once again who is better that is available?

Cause dave has gotten very good players and no salary cap issues ala coughlin. 

But yet the ones with no substance will cry fire everyone.  With no replacements. 
Not sure why I can't quote anymore on this computer, but Teal Time Radio, I agree with your talent assessments, which makes it all the more crazy this is a two win team!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7