Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Chad Henne Equal Playoffs ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
What if Chad Henne Shocked the world and took us to the playoff?

It would be cause of the team around him.
You start some really good threads.
His numbers would probably say we got there despite his play rather than because of it.
It's not that unlikely.. just depends on the team around him tho, he's not going to carry a team that's for sure. 

Chad Henne equals playoffs (for the Colts).

If you told me right now that Jacksonville made the playoffs with Chad Henne starting all year.. I would think Jax would have a top 10 defense and top 10 running game.

Quote:If you told me right now that Jacksonville made the playoffs with Chad Henne starting all year.. I would think Jax would have a top 10 defense and top 10 running game.

It would have to be top 5, each....maybe even higher....

In 2006, didn't Garrard/ Leftwich have a top 5 running game/ defense and that team still missed the playoffs, and Henne is worse than either of them. 
Quote:What if Chad Henne Shocked the world and took us to the playoff?

What if Luke Joekel mitotically divides into two daughter football players and we have bookend probowl tackles for the next 12 years?
He would have to cut back on his INT's. The running game would have to be in the top five of the AFC and the defense would have to create more turnovers. That's the only way. He's a game manager that can throw up some big performances once in awhile if all of the pieces are there around him in the passing game. Either way, we'll see. He's a back-up at best IMHO. We re-signed him as an insurance policy just incase we don't find our franchise QB in RD2 or RD3 in a few months.
Quote:What if Luke Joekel mitotically divides into two daughter football players and we have bookend probowl tackles for the next 12 years?

We would trade one of them for mid round picks.
If he some how should I hope we draft our franchise QB this year.
Quote:We would trade one of them for mid round picks.

I'd be fine with that provided the Luke we were left with maintained his ability to reproduce more Lukes.

Parallel universe?

In this miracle scenario - it would definitely be singular. 
Even if it was the #1 defense in the league, that allowed less than 10 points a game, we would still be below .500 with Henne

Quote:You start some really good threads.

Gotta second this
Quote:Even if it was the #1 defense in the league, that allowed less than 10 points a game, we would still be below .500 with Henne

This got me thinking....

Remember that 2000 Ravens team, which had arguably the best defense of all time (or one of)....?

They had Trent Dilfer as their starter that year and won what - 12 games? + 4 playoff games?

I see Trent Difler as better than Henne, and not really too close. 

I'd be surprised if that Baltimore team would have topped .500 with Henne as the starter....and we're certainly not likely to be fielding a defense of that level any time soon...
Quote:This got me thinking....

Remember that 2000 Ravens team, which had arguably the best defense of all time (or one of)....?

They had Trent Dilfer as their starter that year and won what - 12 games? + 4 playoff games?

I'd be surprised if that Baltimore team would have topped .500 with Henne as the starter....and we're certainly not likely to be fielding a defense of that level any time soon...

Don't forget Tony Banks started half that year for Baltimore. Dilfer's record was actually 7-1 in the regular season.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/pl...lfTr00.htm
Quote:This got me thinking....

and ultimately that worked for one season.. they throw up similar stat lines actually.. hmm 

I'd say Henne had better receivers (is that biased?)

Jamaal Lewis vs MJD kind of evens out depending on the season you compare... 

I still have to give the edge to Dilfer though
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7