Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Caldwell all but confirming we're not taking a QB in the first round
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/vid...c3eee8871f

Says we signed Henne with intention of building around him and giving him the starting job and having whatever QB they draft "down the line" sit behind Henne and learn. Definitely doesn't sound like something he'd say if we were drafting a QB the 3rd overall pick. All signs are pointing to Khalil Mack.
Quote: 

<div>http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/vid...c3eee8871f

Says we signed Henne with intention of building around him and giving him the starting job and having whatever QB they draft "down the line" sit behind Henne and learn. Definitely doesn't sound like something he'd say if we were drafting a QB the 3rd overall pick. All signs are pointing to Khalil Mack.

</div>

If true, then all signs point to a possible regime change in about 2 more offseasons. 

I'm hoping the above is just Caldwell actually being smart and blowing smoke. 

Yep. There is a plan and I think it's to make our D an unstoppable behemoth first and foremost.

Quote:If true, then all signs point to a possible regime change in about 2 more offseasons. 

You really think we won't pull the trigger on a good QB cuz we have Henne?

You can't be that idiotic.
Doesn't mean squat.

He also said Gabbert is under contract and will return as a Jaguar and will be there to compete for a job, etc etc
Quote:If true, then all signs point to a possible regime change in about 2 more offseasons. 

If we take one of these QBs at 3 there will be a possible regime change in about 2 more years.
This just sounds like what Seattle did. Just gotta find our Russ Wilson.... That should be easy.
I have said it before...if we start Henne all season we are picking in the top 5 again next year...maybe this is our "Mail it in for Mariota" plan...LOL

Agreed. This team won't win with Henne no matter how good the defense is.
Ummm nope that means nothing, he will pick a QB in the 1st round if he feel like thats the guy

Watkins/Mack/trade down or Clowney/Bridgewater if available, with Garrapollo as a 2nd or 3rd round pick is what I think we could go with.

Quote:Ummm nope that means nothing, he will pick a QB in the 1st round if he feel like thats the guy
'Bingo
I would rather find our Luck, Manning, Brady...you know an elite Franchise QB...not settle for a game manager that happened to have a great D and very good running game...

Funny how two people can read the same quote and come to two completely different conclusions. I know the recent trends have gone against this, but it is still totally and completely possible to not have a first round rookie QB under center on opening day.

Calwell is not that dumb.  Otherwise, we would have locked up Henne to a 5 year deal.   2 years just secures the minimum time we need to find our franchise QB

Quote:I would rather find our Luck, Manning, Brady...you know an elite Franchise QB...not settle for a game manager that happened to have a great D and very good running game...

Like Cleveland waiting for the next LeBron.
Quote:Watkins/Mack/trade down or Clowney/Bridgewater if available, with Garrapollo as a 2nd or 3rd round pick is what I think we could go with.
The point is that it seems increasingly like the organization is leaning towards the guy NOT being there, and especially not for a 3rd overall pick.
Quote:Calwell is not that dumb.  Otherwise, we would have locked up Henne to a 5 year deal.   2 years just secures the minimum time we need to find our franchise QB
Makes sense if he likes 2015s crop of QBs more than 2014s.
I think its smoke. You wouldnt say you are going QB. That only encourages teams to trade up to 2. Smart move by DC.
My point was...that Wilson is a game manager...not an elite QB...people keep saying they want to find our Wilson...I want to find our elite QB...not just another game manager.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5