Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Love the awsome job Caldwell has done..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
The moves couldnt be more accurate.. GREAT JOB DAVE!!!!

Charlie Casserly just stated on the NFL Network that the best signing today was Eugene Monroe.

Quote:Charlie Casserly just stated on the NFL Network that the best signing today was Eugene Monroe.

So?  Literally doesn't have much to do with the Jags, we have our LT in Joeckel.

Monroe wasn't going to resign with us, we got a 4th and 5th for an 11 game rental.

I agree Monroe is a good signing for anyone, though... just don't see your point.
What moves did he really do? I applaud the Gabbert trade but nothing else wowed me.
Quote:Charlie Casserly just stated on the NFL Network that the best signing today was Eugene Monroe.
We all know that Casserly has no opinions.  He speaks only in actualities.
Quote:So?  Literally doesn't have much to do with the Jags, we have our LT in Joeckel.

Monroe wasn't going to resign with us, we got a 4th and 5th for an 11 game rental.

I agree Monroe is a good signing for anyone, though... just don't see your point.

Forgot we didn't have a franchise tag.   Why don't we get one?
Quote:Forgot we didn't have a franchise tag.   Why don't we get one?

Newsflash... Monroe wasn't a difference maker.  Decent to pretty good LT, but not much more than that.  Inconsistent.  Why franchise a guy you don't want anymore? He sucked in the 5 games he played for us, didn't want to stay here long term by all accounts, and his contract was running out.

Give me a 4th and 5th over another year of Monroe before walking for free.

The Chiefs franchised their LT... he walked a year later.

We have 2 extra picks.

Quote:So?  Literally doesn't have much to do with the Jags, we have our LT in Joeckel.

Its not a "rental" when the player re-signs with the same team that traded for him.... :wacko: 

I know some of you are desperate to keep trying to push this angle.....but it won't become true, just via repeating it. 

It would have been a "rental" had Monroe signed elsewhere than Baltimore. 
Quote:What moves did he really do? I applaud the Gabbert trade but nothing else wowed me.

Agreed. I don't get it. Its like we're in bizarro world or something. 

Bryant was a nice addition per the money, but the rest? bunch of "meh". Nothing was done today that changes or even slightly alters the balance of power in the division. 
Quote:Agreed. I don't get it. Its like we're in bizarro world or something.

Bryant was a nice addition per the money, but the rest? bunch of "meh". Nothing was done today that changes or even slightly alters the balance of power in the division.
Exactly. We signed a guard Beadles who was the weakest link on Denver's online last year.
Quote:Its not a "rental" when the player re-signs with the same team that traded for him.... :wacko:

I know some of you are desperate to keep trying to push this angle.....but it won't become true, just via repeating it. 

It would have been a "rental" had Monroe signed elsewhere than Baltimore. 

You really are a doofus.  It is a rental, period.  You repeating "we should have waited until the end of the trading deadline" also doesn't make what you're saying any more true.  But yes, keep repeating it.  

The ravens signed Eugene Monroe, a free agent.

They rented him, then they bought him..

Simple as that.  What happened to Monroe after he hit free agency doesn't matter one bit.
I think it's fair to both sides of the argument to wait and see what kind of players we get with those Monroe picks and any pick for Blaine gabbert I'm more than happy with!
Quote:Agreed. I don't get it. Its like we're in bizarro world or something. 

Well there ya go.  that's two moves you approve of.

Got Bryant for a decent deal, and got a 6th for Gabbert.

All in like 2 days.  What did you expect?  

Arakpo and Hardy weren't available.  The only  FA that could have shifted any sort of balance of power (and lets be real, he wouldn't have anyway because he didn't for his former team) is Byrd.  
Quote:Well there ya go.  that's two moves you approve of.

Got Bryant for a decent deal, and got a 6th for Gabbert.

All in like 2 days.  What did you expect?  

Arakpo and Hardy weren't available.  The only  FA that could have shifted any sort of balance of power (and lets be real, he wouldn't have anyway because he didn't for his former team) is Byrd.  

Byrd fits the mold of what you need at FS in Gus' defense. That we apparently have not prioritized him as a signing is weak. Sure, Byrd would have cost a lot, but he was one of the few free agents available that actually can be a difference maker with his ball hawk ability. 

As I've always said, if you are going to overpay, then do it on very good players, not "average" players (which Beadles is). Beadles is essentially Tony Pashos all over again. (different position on the line, but main point stands) Actually Pashos might have been more consistent at the time of his signing,,,, 

Not sure how much I like Zane Beadles, but trading Blaine gabbert for more than a ham sandwich is a great day in my book.
Quote:Byrd fits the mold of what you need at FS in Gus' defense. That we apparently have not prioritized him as a signing is weak. Sure, Byrd would have cost a lot, but he was one of the few free agents available that actually can be a difference maker with his ball hawk ability. 

As I've always said, if you are going to overpay, then do it on very good players, not "average" players (which Beadles is). Beadles is essentially Tony Pashos all over again. Actually Pashos might have been more consistent at the time of his signing,,,, 

Pashos was never as good as Beadles, let's not rewrite history.  

Beadles is a former Pro Bowler and an excellent run blocker.  Pashos was meh in every sense of the word and never even got a sniff at the Pro Bowl.  And I would actually disagree anyway.  Pashos wasn't great, but he was better than Whimper and Bradfield at RT, or Salaam for example.  So although he was overpaid, he did make a positive difference.  We actually had a decent team with him on the team (not because of him, but you get my point).  He contributed.

Your team starts sucking not because you signed a Pashos, you start sucking when your draft picks can't make the roster.

I know Pro Bowls aren't everything, but Beadles did showcase he can be very good.
It could be an excellent period if we get the guys coming in. Bryant was nice, Beadles is ok but a little overpaid, Willie Young is very good, Dekoda Watson has a lot of potential, Thurmond is good, Decker possibly, and BLAINE GONE.

If anyone is disappointed in that haul (if a couple of those maybes happens) then they have serious issues.

Quote:It could be an excellent period if we get the guys coming in. Bryant was nice, Beadles is ok but a little overpaid, Willie Young is very good, Dekoda Watson has a lot of potential, Thurmond is good, Decker possibly, and BLAINE GONE.

If anyone is disappointed in that haul (if a couple of those maybes happens) then they have serious issues.

Couldn't agree more.

Thurmond would be a really great signing as well, IMO. 

Not sure about Watson but I admit I haven't seen him play a lot.  Could he be our Sen'Derrick Marks this year?  One can hope.

Monroe had a bad year last year. There's that...
Anybody see us trading any other players? 

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9