Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: In the $30K & under venue, what do you think is the best vehicle for the money?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Just curious if we have any car guys/ gals in here, and their experience with this topic, or knowledge of....

I personally drive a 2014 scion tC and love it, but your probably too old for that car

I didn't know one could be "too old" for a certain make/ model of car :wacko: 
Quote:I didn't know one could be "too old" for a certain make/ model of car :wacko:
You can.
I drive a 2003 Saab that I got for $15k and I've put over 100k miles on it and have maybe invested and extra $4000 in total maintenance in it. Love that car. The four cylinder turbo that they have is a great engine for a daily commute.

for Tommy and post #2...

Ah, must be how the young try to take "ownership" of things as "theirs" again,.... Fits though, as I outlined a big reason to why Soccer (in this country) is so popular with the young,... 

We weren't poseurs like that when I was in my 20's. So many of this current crop of young people suffer from an identity crisis, which results in the examples such as them thinking you can be too old for a certain auto, or developing a phony liking for a sport just so they can seem "different". Sad, really. 

Quote:I drive a 2003 Saab that I got for $15k and I've put over 100k miles on it and have maybe invested and extra $4000 in total maintenance in it. Love that car. The four cylinder turbo that they have is a great engine for a daily commute.

How many years old was it when you bought it? How many miles? Gas mileage? 
I went from BMW 325I to Infiniti G37 and dont miss my BMW at all. Paid around $25,000 for it. It drives extremely well and maintenance is reasonable.
Quote:I went from BMW 325I to Infiniti G37 and dont miss my BMW at all. Paid around $25,000 for it. It drives extremely well and maintenance is reasonable.

That used to be the "G35" right? 

If you only paid 25K for it, you had to buy it used, right? How many years old was it/ milage when you bought it? Gas milage? Insurance high?
I like the Camry but I am boring like that

Quote:How many years old was it when you bought it? How many miles? Gas mileage? 

It was two years old when I bought it, and it had 15k miles on it. I get 30 mpg in pretty much any condition, but when I road trip down 95, I can get close to 38.

A tank of gas around 14 gallons will net me 330 miles at the very least.
Quote:I like the Camry but I am boring like that

That's because it's an "old persons" car... :whistling:
On a similar note, I'm looking for a sporty coupe, used, under 30k miles in the $23-25k range. Right now I'm shopping 370z and G37s. If anyone has more suggestions, I'd love to hear them!
I just got a 2014 Hyundai Sonata. So far so good. Rides nice and well within your stated price range.

http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/car...ai_Sonata/

So, is purchasing a car 2-3 years old universally seen as the smarter way to go, as opposed to a brand new car?

TMD, I picture you as a Ford Festiva kind of guy

[Image: 1993_ford_festiva_2_dr_l_hatchback-pic-37657.gif]

Quote:So, is purchasing a car 2-3 years old universally seen as the smarter way to go, as opposed to a brand new car?
I would have gone that route if I hadn't gotten a pretty good deal on the new car. Wife and I bought two new vehicles on the same day. If I were going it alone, I would buy certified pre-owned.
Quote:TMD, I picture you as a Ford Festiva kind of guy

[Image: 1993_ford_festiva_2_dr_l_hatchback-pic-37657.gif]

ha - thats funny. I actually tried the "small car" once....Bought a Honda Civic hatch back in 1992  (was "teal" ironically, lol)- convinced myself it was a smart buy due to the gas milage.....6 months later I was getting rid of it because I hated it. That said, I don't like the overly huge monstrosity's either.... I like a mid-size vehicle like some of the ones mentioned above, like the Saab & the Infiniti. 

Quote:On a similar note, I'm looking for a sporty coupe, used, under 30k miles in the $23-25k range. Right now I'm shopping 370z and G37s. If anyone has more suggestions, I'd love to hear them!

I had a G37 and believe me if you want a great car, that is it.   Mine was a sedan, though, not a coupe.   Just for pure drivability, it is way way above the Accords and Camrys of the world.   0-60 in about 5.5 seconds.   That car saved my life several times.   Other person's fault each time.   One time I got run off the road at 65 MPH, right side tires on the dirt, left side tires on the pavement, and the car handled it like it was no problem at all.   I just accelerated away from the guy, didn't even bother honking the horn at him, just kept going.  

IMO, you can't compare an Infiniti to a Honda.  Comparing an Acura and Infiniti is more accurate.  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12