Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jason Babin gone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
The jaguars have released De Jason Babin!
Final 2 years of contract has been voided. He now becomes a Free Agent.
@ryanohalloran#Jaguars GM Dave Caldwell said team keeping options open on DE Jason Babin, who has opted out of his deal and is a free agent.
@PriscoCBS Jason Babin voided before team let him walk.
That kinda sucks, I was hoping they'd be able to keep him at a reduced salary in a restructuring as he had claimed he was willing to do. 

Good Bye ! :thanks:

Perhaps he knows he's being replaced by a FA DE in a few hours...
Decent player. Think we can do better though.
I'm not surprised at all. I wonder if Jaguars are close to agreement De. Nfl teams were able to contact agents on Saturday. Babin cut saves 6 million.
Quote:That kinda sucks, I was hoping they'd be able to keep him at a reduced salary in a restructuring as he had claimed he was willing to do.

They tried. He wasn't willing.
Quote:Perhaps he knows he's being replaced by a FA DE in a few hours...

Most of the FA DE's left aren't that much better than  him, or only a little bit, but will command dollars which will be well beyond the production. 
GOODBYE ! Glad to see him go. No more stupid personal foul penalties :thanks: 

Quote:Most of the FA DE's left aren't that much better than  him, or only a little bit, but will command dollars which will be well beyond the production.

Michael Bennett and Justin Tuck are better!
Quote:Michael Bennett and Justin Tuck are better!

Wouldn't want either.
How many pass rushers we've had over the past 10 years were better than Babin?

If I am reading this right, he voided the deal. Seems like an odd move on his part.

Quote:How many pass rushers we've had over the past 10 years were better than Babin?

Reggie Hayward? That's really sad.
This team really needs some pass rushers. We have none. I don't care if we have to overpay.
Quote:@PriscoCBS Jason Babin voided before team let him walk.

Seems like he saw the writing on the wall, and wanted to get started on the market.

That would suggest we're about to welcome new blood, whether now or later.
That's good.  His two hands on the ground doggie pass rush style stunk.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6