Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Asperger's syndrome, epilepsy, and other disorders
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
I know what most people think of me on here. They think I lie about being disabled. Or they think I deserve to be treated like crap because of my disabilities. This could not be further from the truth.

I will do whatever it takes to make sure every single person who thinks I am just a mean liar, stupid, or whatever will accept the proven fact that he or she is dead wrong if I can do it without getting a warning.

The truth is nobody on the planet or in space has any reason or right to do anything bad to a disabled woman, even if she is mean to them, especially if her behavior is caused by a disability.

I will gladly post all of the information people need about my disabilities if anyone seriously believes I deserve the nasty treatment I get because of my disabilities or am not disabled.

Obviously I should not be nasty either, and I am not going to use any disability as an excuse for it. I do regret many comments and questions I posted. But as long as anyone treats me like crap, he deserves what he is giving me - being treated like crap. If you don't want me to be mean to you, all it takes is not being mean to me. It is that easy and takes no time at all to fix.

All that said, I am ready to answer any questions people have about the problems in my life that almost everyone seems to believe warrant being treated like crap.

I don't know if you're faking it or not, but I think you use it as an excuse to be a jerk.

I understand that Asperger's often misrepresents people; however, you take it to a new level, and I think you use it as a crutch. Just look at this post for example. You're telling us that we shouldn't do anything  to criticize you. Grow up, MJF.

Nobody thinks you "deserve to be treated like crap because of <your> disabilities". 

But you spend FAR too much time criticizing jaguars fans, telling them how they should behave and making blanket statements regarding all Jaguars fans,  assigning blame, telling others how fans should behave etc.    How do you expect people to react to that?

I have defended you in the past, not treated you like crap, but like I said before, enough is enough.  

If your disabilities are the reason why you don't get along well with others here,  I have to wonder if this is the best place for you to be spending your time.
Thank god.. There.. You have a WHOLE thread for your idiocy. Please keep it all confined to this dumpster fire of a thread..
I completely believe you do in fact have Aspergers, in fact there is zero doubt in my mind. I hate that you feel like you're treated like crap, and I know this affects you and that makes me feel badly for you. Genuinely.

I think the problem is other posters feel the same from you, even though I suppose you cannot consciously help it? That's where it gets difficult. You're intentions aren't bad, but they come off poorly as most folks with aspergers do. It's a weird disease eh? I guess the fact of the matter is, not many here really care that you are afflicted with this, they just care that you come off rude at times, whether intentional or not.

I wouldn't expect changes in anyones behavior here towards you, unfortunately. You'll have to either accept that it's really not meant maliciously or remove yourself from it if it's too upsetting. 

Quote:I don't know if you're faking it or not, but I think you use it as an excuse to be a jerk.

I understand that Asperger's often misrepresents people; however, you take it to a new level, and I think you use it as a crutch. Just look at this post for example. You're telling us that we shouldn't do anything  to criticize you. Grow up, MJF.
To be fair, she gets ganged up on on the regular. It's like chum in the water. The "grow up" comment should be dispersed among all the others that regularly, purposefully, try to antagonize her. Now that is cruel. 
Try your best not to call others "stupid" or "idiot"...it would probably go a long way toward you gaining the same respect.

That's my advice...take it or leave it.

I echo some of the comments mentioned above.

I genuinely think that if you wrote what you wanted to say, then read how it sounds before posting, you wouldn't get as much crap.

We have had our differences in the past, largely down to being told my opinion is wrong. That's something that shouldn't be the case, opinions are opinions. Not always fact. I think if you were to accept that people do have differing opinions, there wouldn't be so much animosity.

I don't think anyone goes out to attack you due to the fact that you have Aspergers. If they did, that would be particularly low.

Quote:I echo some of the comments mentioned above.

I genuinely think that if you wrote what you wanted to say, then read how it sounds before posting, you wouldn't get as much crap.

We have had our differences in the past, largely down to being told my opinion is wrong. That's something that shouldn't be the case, opinions are opinions. Not always fact. I think if you were to accept that people do have differing opinions, there wouldn't be so much animosity.

I don't think anyone goes out to attack you due to the fact that you have Aspergers. If they did, that would be particularly low.
Two things....

1. you usually are wrong. 

2. they do go out of their way to attack, warranted or not. 
Quote:Try your best not to call others "stupid" or "idiot"...it would probably go a long way toward you gaining the same respect.

That would be a great first step in NOT having other be offended Jdub. You cannot use terms like this and expect others to be nice. This would be the 'can't have it both ways' school of thought. 
Quote:Two things....

1. you usually are wrong. 

2. they do go out of their way to attack, warranted or not. 

Haha... well thank you very much.. you're now off my Christmas card list..

In which case, that is very low.

JW I have no problem with you.  I often do argue/debate with you about things and I do think at times you take your comments about people too far.

I'm not on board with the camp that thinks you don't contribute to the board or that you should go away.  You are valuable to the board and sometimes I think people would be best just to ignore your comments.  I do have to do that sometimes and look the other way.  I might be a little hard on you at times too but that's the way of life around here.  I hope you haven't been too upset by anything I've said and I think you know you can message me if I ever do.

You are the inspiration for my username after all!

Quote:I know what most people think of me on here. They think I lie about being disabled. Or they think I deserve to be treated like crap because of my disabilities. This could not be further from the truth.

I will do whatever it takes to make sure every single person who thinks I am just a mean liar, stupid, or whatever will accept the proven fact that he or she is dead wrong if I can do it without getting a warning.

The truth is nobody on the planet or in space has any reason or right to do anything bad to a disabled woman, even if she is mean to them, especially if her behavior is caused by a disability.

I will gladly post all of the information people need about my disabilities if anyone seriously believes I deserve the nasty treatment I get because of my disabilities or am not disabled.

Obviously I should not be nasty either, and I am not going to use any disability as an excuse for it. I do regret many comments and questions I posted. But as long as anyone treats me like crap, he deserves what he is giving me - being treated like crap. If you don't want me to be mean to you, all it takes is not being mean to me. It is that easy and takes no time at all to fix.

All that said, I am ready to answer any questions people have about the problems in my life that almost everyone seems to believe warrant being treated like crap.

I don't think that most people understand or comprehend the "world that you live in" or your mindset.  I don't think that people understand that you see everything in a logical way.

People tend to sometimes be sarcastic which I know that you have a hard time processing.  The other thing is that people sometimes communicate in a different way that again, you don't understand or comprehend.

As an example, when people call you "JDub" it's not meant to be "mean" to you.  It's simply a "short form" of addressing your old username (Jaguar Woman).  J for Jaguar and Dub shortened for the letter  W in Woman.  It's kind of like when some posters refer to me as JIB.  You think that people do it to be "mean" when in fact they're not being mean at all.

The other thing is, since you are a very logical person, sometimes the way that you comment and/or ask questions comes across as being rude or incorrect.  An example of this is how you started this thread which I highlighted in bold.  Nobody thinks that you should be treated bad because of your disability.  The fact of the matter is, many people don't know or understand that you have a disability to begin with.  The other thing is that often you try to correct people's opinion because it doesn't match your own.
Quote:Try your best not to call others "stupid" or "idiot"...it would probably go a long way toward you gaining the same respect.

Quote:That would be a great first step in NOT having other be offended Jdub. You cannot use terms like this and expect others to be nice. This would be the 'can't have it both ways' school of thought. 

To be fair, I don't believe that I've ever seen her call anyone "stupid" or "idiot".
Quote:To be fair, I don't believe that I've ever seen her call anyone "stupid" or "idiot".

Not directly, but "if you don't understand that, you're an idiot/stupid" - as an example.

I agree with your sentiments on your other post. It's the opinions side of things that I find mostly frustrating.

The other side of it I personally take with a pinch of salt.
Quote:To be fair, I don't believe that I've ever seen her call anyone "stupid" or "idiot".
I wasn't sure, just using that posters quote at it's word. 
Quote:Not directly, but "if you don't understand that, you're an idiot/stupid" - as an example.

I agree with your sentiments on your other post. It's the opinions side of things that I find mostly frustrating.

The other side of it I personally take with a pinch of salt.

It's direct enough. A poster will mention booing the team while at the game. This troll will directly quote that person and say "Only an idiot boos their team while at a game."
Quote:I don't think that most people understand or comprehend the "world that you live in" or your mindset.  I don't think that people understand that you see everything in a logical way.

People tend to sometimes be sarcastic which I know that you have a hard time processing.  The other thing is that people sometimes communicate in a different way that again, you don't understand or comprehend.

As an example, when people call you "JDub" it's not meant to be "mean" to you.  It's simply a "short form" of addressing your old username (Jaguar Woman).  J for Jaguar and Dub shortened for the letter  W in Woman.  It's kind of like when some posters refer to me as JIB.  You think that people do it to be "mean" when in fact they're not being mean at all.

The other thing is, since you are a very logical person, sometimes the way that you comment and/or ask questions comes across as being rude or incorrect.  An example of this is how you started this thread which I highlighted in bold.  Nobody thinks that you should be treated bad because of your disability.  The fact of the matter is, many people don't know or understand that you have a disability to begin with.  The other thing is that often you try to correct people's opinion because it doesn't match your own.
This sums it up pretty well. Especially the part in bold.
Maybe this isn't for you then.

You can't expect hundreds of people to change to suit your "alleged" disability.

I, for one, don't believe it for a second.

JW, I don't mind.  Be yourself.  It doesn't bother me.  

And I don't really understand why it would bother anyone else.  It's just a dang message board.  It's not like we know each other or anything.  People take this stuff too personally. 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17