Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: What Happened To The Mad Dog? Banned Again?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
I was in a thread earlier and saw where TMD had posted something. His name was a different shade grey. I went to click it and it won't allow me. He got banned again?

Yes...he's banned.
Quote:Yes...he's banned.
Good gosh, what this time?

I'll admit, I have gone back and forth over the years about him. I have recently been (actually for quite some time now) able to stomach him more. Hasn't been the same poster as in the past. More likeable.

Anyone know if it is for a certain period of time or what?
bound to eventually happen, he gets baited a lot.

No clue on the specifics  -    But the lengths he was going to over the past 4 or 5 weeks to invent something to "Jaguar-bash" were really ridiculous.  He really was cluttering the majority of the football threads with some selfish agenda, IMO.   

Quote:bound to eventually happen, he gets baited a lot.

He brings it on himself.
Quote:He brings it on himself.
He gets warned and just keeps it up. Only one person to blame.
Quote:He brings it on himself.

no doubt, can't deny it at all
Quote:He gets warned and just keeps it up. Only one person to blame.
It's true. But dang man.
Quote:No clue on the specifics  -    But the lengths he was going to over the past 4 or 5 weeks to invent something to "Jaguar-bash" were really ridiculous.  He really was cluttering the majority of the football threads with some selfish agenda, IMO.

I agree. The agenda permeates every good thread on the board. It gets pretty old.
Quote:I agree. The agenda permeates every good thread on the board. It gets pretty old.
Agenda, maybe. But ol TMD just likes to argue sometimes.He'd truly argue that the sky wasn't blue if he found someone willing to argue it I think.
I was about to post the same exact topic because I wanted to send him a PM and couldn't do it.

I know its not policy for the mods to discuss publicly why a member has been banned, but from my observation of TMD's posts in the last month or so nothing he contributed warranted a ban IMO.

He has his beliefs and feelings and I think the people who was accusing him of trolling really could have just simply put him on their ignore list instead of responding each time to his posts.

I was never one to pile on with the TMD hate and I generally like reading what he has to say, but the last few weeks he seemed to go off the deep end a little for me. His arguments generally carry some substance but the NFL conspiracy thread did it for me.
Quote:I was never one to pile on with the TMD hate and I generally like reading what he has to say, but the last few weeks he seemed to go off the deep end a little for me. His arguments generally carry some substance but the NFL conspiracy thread did it for me.
Yea, that was a bit over the top. Now that I think of that, there have been a couple threads regarding that subject and who has preferential treatment etc. Oh boy.
The glittery one can't avoid pushing certain agendas in every topic he visits.  It's just what he does.  Unfortunately, when he starts hijacking threads to do this, it tends to get him into trouble, as was the case this time around.

What gets someone a warning?  Is it inappropriate language?  Slurs?  I am just curious.  And who gives the warnings?  Do Mods?  Thanks!  

TMD entertains me, guess we will have to wait to hear from him just before training camp. 

Quote:Agenda, maybe. But ol TMD just likes to argue sometimes.He'd truly argue that the sky wasn't blue if he found someone willing to argue it I think.

He still does that.  Once he comes back from a ban, he starts out slow and it just builds and builds and builds until vwala!  You get 100 threads saying the same thing over and over again.
Quote:What gets someone a warning?  Is it inappropriate language?  Slurs?  I am just curious.  And who gives the warnings?  Do Mods?  Thanks!  

TMD entertains me, guess we will have to wait to hear from him just before training camp. 

If you follow these rules, you'll avoid warnings.  Mods are responsible for issuing warnings.
Quote:What gets someone a warning?  Is it inappropriate language?  Slurs?  I am just curious.  And who gives the warnings?  Do Mods?  Thanks!  

There is a post in the jaguars.com forum that explains the rules. Yes, mods and admins give warnings.

TMD entertains me, too. I'm sure many of you will take this with a grain of salt, but I, for one, would prefer he stay within the rules because he does add value to the board.  But he doesn't, and he consistently does the same thing, over and over, that gets him banned.
I've come to realize he doesn't actually watch any jaguar games, but just looks at stats. It's hard to argue with a poster like that.

But the dance begins. It'll be nice without him for a while, then the dead season will begin and we'll all miss having a contrarian on the board to argue with.

Then he'll come back, it'll be a nice change of pace.

Then he'll go off the rails and annoy everyone. Then he'll be banned again.

It's the circle of life... Jaguar MB style
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11