Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Surprise cuts. Who will they be?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I'm gonna say Russell Allen. I think our coaching staff believes in LaRoy Reynolds and wants to keep developing him.

We're going to cut Allen in place of a 2nd year guy who's already had trouble with substance abuse? no. 
Justin Blackmon. His problems aren't going away I'm afraid.

Quote:We're going to cut Allen in place of a 2nd year guy who's already had trouble with substance abuse? no. 

Was it substance abuse? I thought I read he took Sudafed or something that has something in it that showed up on a drug test.
Quote:I'm gonna say Russell Allen. I think our coaching staff believes in LaRoy Reynolds and wants to keep developing him.
If we cut a LB to make room for Reynolds, it will be [BLEEP]
Quote:If we cut a LB to make room for Reynolds, it will be [BLEEP]

Isn't Reynolds listed as a LOLB on the depth chart?
Allen can play MLB and Reynolds is more of a Mike.

Allen is cheap and he is a solid player, not to say that he won't be replaced if we find better (Telvin Smith...) but he's not the LB I would cut first.  [BLEEP] is a very good player but he's not great and he's really expensive.

Babin
Quote:Babin
I agree
Uche

Lewis

It seems too early to begin speculating on surprise cuts when the roster competition is unknown currently with both the draft and free agency yet to happen.

The notable guys that I believe will be at risk this year are Rackley, Brewster, Gabbert, Babin, and Forsett.
Quote:Justin Blackmon. His problems aren't going away I'm afraid.

You know this based on what - currrent stuff or his past?
Quote:Babin

would be really stupid, given he's alreeady said he'd be willing to restructure lower to stay. 
Quote:Uche

Agree, but thats not a "surprise" cut to me....thats an "about time" cut to me.

...But then, I don't have any allegience to Uche because I judge him off of how the interior OL has performed since he's been here, not by if he signed my football or had a small conversation with me in passing, It seems some on this board base their player allegience that way, rather than player performance. 
Quote:You know this based on what - currrent stuff or his past?

Just a feeling and plenty of personal experience with addicts.
Quote:Just a feeling and plenty of personal experience with addicts.

This is my fear, too. It is so rare that an addict gets his life back under control in such a short period of time.
Quote:Agree, but thats not a "surprise" cut to me....thats an "about time" cut to me.

...But then, I don't have any allegience to Uche because I judge him off of how the interior OL has performed since he's been here, not by if he signed my football or had a small conversation with me in passing, It seems some on this board base their player allegience that way, rather than player performance.

Oh I get it. This thread is about you.
Quote:Just a feeling and plenty of personal experience with addicts.

I think Justin's getting screwed personally. If its because of his DUI's, you realize that he cannot test positive for -alcohol- in his system?? (if I understand the system correctly).....thats a bit harsh for anyone to live up to. Think of how many times you go out with your buddies for a beer on a Friday night or what not.....He apparently cannot do that. Well, he can....but if he gets a surprise test the next day, he probably fails it and gets another strike. Its not really fair. 
Quote:Oh I get it. This thread is about you.

That doesn't have to happen.

I think Babin will get cut, but I also don't think that should be a big surprise.

Surprise cut? Gabbert, but that may not be a big surprise, either, except for what Caldwell has said recently.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6